• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

So yeah, My Chemical Romance have covered Bob Dylan's Desolation Row...

The official video is here: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=51474710

I went off MCR big time recently, but I have to admit, this cover isn't that bad. It's better than the whiny emo shit they ussualy do. I hope they stick to this style tbh. Oh, and it's going to be used for the end Credits of The Watchmen film, so they had to cut it from 9 mins to 3.

can't say it does anything for me. Not exactly subtle...

Dylan's always been more of a poet than a musician though- I prefer the original giving more space to that.

I have 128Mb worth of music on this laptop. Paltry compared to the amount I have on the main PC downstairs and to my brother's computer. Hell, I have 1000 songs on my MP3 player taking up about 6 or 7Gb perhaps more. I do have a whole load of CDs though that I have music sitting on so as not to cluster up the memories of any of my PCs. So I'm probably totalling somewhere over 20Gb worth of music.

Sorry for the Bigness! :)

pod.png

Here is my Itunes for proof! :p I have 2773 and 15.53 GB of Music!

at one point I had 20GB but I deleted about 5GB some stuff I did not want but others I regret deleting!

___

New albums I've listened to today:

Fight Like Apes - Fight Like Apes and the Mystery of the Golden Medallion

Completely different to what I was expecting. Another great suprise! :D Good recommendation Chairdriver!

Antony and the Johnsons - Crying Light

Magical in my eyes. I really like his voice, it is oddly comforting. It is one of those albums where I sit and let the music pour over me. :)

John Mayer - Continuum

He is good, yes! Very good singer and some really great songs. Something missing for me from it on the first listen though.

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion

Awesome. :awesome: Not much else to say!

Telepath - Dance Mother

I was not sure what to expect from them at all! It is perhaps my favourite album I've listened to today on intial play through it really did just click with me! :yay: I've given it two plays through now, yep I'm really liking it!

Ignoring the giant pissing contest going on...

Half listened to the new LA album (it was on in the background) and it seemed very...samey. Plus annoyingly they're not really songs as much as a beat with Lily saying stuff.

___

New albums I've listened to today:

Fight Like Apes - Fight Like Apes and the Mystery of the Golden Medallion

Completely different to what I was expecting. Another great suprise! :D Good recommendation Chairdriver!

Antony and the Johnsons - Crying Light

Magical in my eyes. I really like his voice, it is oddly comforting. It is one of those albums where I sit and let the music pour over me. :)

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion

Awesome. :awesome: Not much else to say!

:heart::heart:

How come you are so solid gold?

Lumpy Dough and Digifucker are made of unadulterated win.

"I want the ocean right, I want the ocean right now."

You listened to any other John Mayer Coolness? Continuum is a big departure from his previous albums. there's a lot more blues on that album than any other, it's probably more pop orientated as well. That said 'Slow dancing in a burning room' is one of my all time favourite songs.

Room for Squares (his first album) is probably my favourite, It's very easy listening stuff. You should also check out the stuff he did with the John Mayer Trio, more bluesy stuff on that.

:heart::heart:

How come you are so solid gold?

Lumpy Dough and Digifucker are made of unadulterated win.

"I want the ocean right, I want the ocean right now."

Haha, Thanks! :p

Those songs are great! :grin: I also like Lend me your Face.

I love The names Fight like Apes have for their songs! :D

You listened to any other John Mayer Coolness? Continuum is a big departure from his previous albums. there's a lot more blues on that album than any other, it's probably more pop orientated as well. That said 'Slow dancing in a burning room' is one of my all time favourite songs.

Room for Squares (his first album) is probably my favourite, It's very easy listening stuff. You should also check out the stuff he did with the John Mayer Trio, more bluesy stuff on that.

Ah! Not yet!

I only decided to give him a listen today! and plumped on Continuum as it was at the top of Spotify. I was impressed but to be truthful I was not concentrating,I was half doing my coursework. I shall of course give it another listen!

Okay thank you for the reccomendations/help. Will try and check them out!

Spotify doesn't have Room for Squares what other John Mayer albums do you reccomend? :)

_______

I'm going to Pre-order Little Alan this evening. :D I think I will enjoy the album I really like The Fear!

Haha, Thanks! :p

Those songs are great! :grin: I also like Lend me your Face.

I love The names Fight like Apes have for their songs! :D

Ah! Not yet!

I only decided to give him a listen today! and plumped on Continuum as it was at the top of Spotify. I was impressed but to be truthful I was not concentrating,I was half doing my coursework. I shall of course give it another listen!

Okay thank you for the reccomendations/help. Will try and check them out!

Spotify doesn't have Room for Squares what other John Mayer albums do you reccomend? :)

_______

I'm going to Pre-order Little Alan this evening. :D I think I will enjoy the album I really like The Fear!

His second album is Heavier Things, it's not bad but probably my least favourite. If you check it out, I'd recommend 'Daughters' and 'Clarity'.

He also does a mean cover of Tom Petty's 'Free Fallin'.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

His second album is Heavier Things, it's not bad but probably my least favourite. If you check it out, I'd recommend 'Daughters' and 'Clarity'.

He also does a mean cover of Tom Petty's 'Free Fallin'.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Okay I've got Heavier as a playlist now and I've managed to Create Room for Squares. S'all good! :)

Thanks!

EDIT: Yeah good cover not that I've heard the original but yeah, I liked it! :) Nice and relaxing for this time in the evening.

free fallin is a tune an a half. I'll check out that cover tomorrow.

Mayer also does a really, really good Acoustic 'Kid A'. I'll find it tomorrow and post it.

anyway, came in here to say:

Haggis, TK, Coolness. Listen up!

I've finally found it. I've finally found the perfect rock album for you to get in to- such is your love for perfectly manicured pop records.

Rumours by Fleetwood Mac

Good lord it's smooth. Perfect pop production, the most articulate arangements going and some brilliant harmonies combined with some genuinely great lyrics, pop sensibilities and an ear for hit after hit record.

do it. This is what you should be listening to. Preferably on loop. all day.

Hows it sound?

Reminds me, I need to sort tickets for that London gig in May.

Listen To Your Friends is amazing but i already knew that because of the single. Dont Let Her Pull You Down is awesome as well but the rest isnt as good. Disappointed as theyre my favourite band :sad:

Listen To Your Friends is amazing but i already knew that because of the single. Dont Let Her Pull You Down is awesome as well but the rest isnt as good. Disappointed as theyre my favourite band :sad:

Listen to your friends is an awesome song, I was hoping by that standard it would be good. Might have to try and obtain it myself later and give it a listen.

Thanks for the heads up Dan, I shall give it a go at some point :)

--

I'm two years behind times talking about this (OMG it's been two years? Christ), but I've just got back to giving it a proper listen again for the first time in close to a year. I've come to realise The Best Damn Thing is so much better than Under My Skin. Where Under My Skin was supposed to be all deep and descriptive of how Avril felt at the time, it just comes off as totally contrived and fake. The Best Damn Thing in a way, actually feels "deeper" than the previous record, even though it's completely superficial, bitchy, cocky and so far over the line, that the line is a dot to her (Coolness should appreicate the friends connection there :p). Every song, she either HATES you, or LOVES you - (Like a review I read said) every song is either a castration, or a blow job, which I absolutely love. Plus, I love the connection between One Of Those Girls (One of my favourites on the album), and Girlfriend - like she's attempting to tell us she's one of them...but then putting them both at totally different ends of the album so no one would make the link.

Oh, and the fact Alone wasn't on the album instead of I Can Do Better is a complete travesty. Alone is one of her best songs, it's beyond me as to why it only ever made it as a B-Side to Girlfriend.

--

Blink-182 are re-forming and making a new album...soon.

Don't really listen to any pop punk these days but i've just given the new New Found Glory album a download. Sounds decent so far, strange how they have probably influenced bands like Set Your Goals a lot in the past but now it seems they are going for more of a similar sound to Set Your Goals themselves.

Finished listening now, wasn't that great tbh. Just can't listen to the standard pop punk anymore :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!