N-Europe

GTA IV

AshMat

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my first 6 star wanted level today, didn't last too long as i crashed into a barrier and flew out the window onto the floor below, which was about 60 feet maybe more. Must re-try and acquire the achievement.

The above screens look great, and nice jacket Dante, where did you buy that from.

P.S Just acquired my 1,000 post :bowdown:

Well out of nowhere my game wont load now. It goes through the artwork slideshows and when it says loading in the bottom left it just stays on the screen and wont do anything else.

I read around so i signed out before loading the game and the game got me in the game. I then signed in and it frooze again. Just loaded it up again signed out but wtf?

Whats wrong with it???

I had this EXACT problem this morning. Even after reinstalling the game it still went through the picture sequence and froze.

If you have tinkered around with multiplayer,

Go to your save data and delete the character profile save (not your mission save).

Got my first 6 star wanted level today, didn't last too long as i crashed into a barrier and flew out the window onto the floor below, which was about 60 feet maybe more. Must re-try and acquire the achievement.

The above screens look great, and nice jacket Dante, where did you buy that from.

P.S Just acquired my 1,000 post :bowdown:

You get it in a mission.

Guest Stefkov
oh yay! there's no autosave in GTAIV and i didn't know!

now lost 4 hours of play time :D

Start -> furthest option on the right. Last option down.

Mine was on as default.

The walk free achievement is easy. Just go to the Airport, automatically get 4 stars. You can have a bit of fun trying to get the wheelie achievement there aswell before running away.

Anyone got the achievement for crashing and doing five rolls? whats the best car / place to use? I managed almost five once but I fell into the ocean just before getting it. ><

Yeah I got it. You go to the Airport with a fast car or even just a cop car and head for the runways. You will get a wanted level but you will be fine. Just speed towards the little yellow and black ramps in the middle grassy area on the runway and hit them at an angle. Alsong as you get 1 wheel hitting it and another missing it you should fly through the air. Once in the air tilt the analogue stick in 1 direction to do the roll, it may take a few trys :)

Just finished the main game now and I really enjoyed it, took some getting into though. The last mission is pretty long just like the rest of the GTA games but aslong as you take it easy it doesnt cause any problems. Took me just under 20 hours to finish and that was with me doing the assasin missions, meeting every random character and doing a few odd jobs here and there.

Now im of to do some pigeon hunting :)

I cannot believe some people have completed the main story arc already :o

I'm still at 12%! I'm taking everything in - unlike any recent title in memory. Just taking a taxi around town looking out of the windows and exploring every single area of the game is so rewarding. The multiplayer is pretty good fun too (yet I don't want to ruin the joys of exploring a new area in the single player.) I actually don't want to leave the first island as it's 'home'.

I'm not "gangsta" enough f'sure.

^ yeah.. it's right next to one of your safehouses, literally just around the corner. Whenever I want to save the game, I tend to get a taxi to that store, baseball-bat my way through the window, drive the car to my parking space around the corner (seems to get the police after you every time, but it doesn't matter) then go and save. Next time you play, you have that car parked outside, brand new and no lawbreaking was required to get it :D

Sometimes they're not there... not figured out why. If you wait long enough you get a mish in one and then you get a tutorial... although to sum it up... RT = up, LT = down, LB/RB = bank left and right, LB+RB steady for landing.

yeah flown em in vice city and multiplayer. was a bit wank at it first but soon enough the attack chopper was a swooping beast. Then i flew in to the getalife building and it snapped in half. I jumped clear of the plummeting cockpit and survived, too. :)

Mine did that this morning, i was pissed off too. However i signed out of the PSN and it worked (got the information offline). Something i wasn't expecting, especially with how good it's meant to be.

Yeah.... i had heard about that...

I don't really like the radio stations on this game, I think that's my only letdown. Most of the music is just annoying, there's not really enough classics, the talking loops very quickly, the rock station sucks, the hardcore station is full of poor choices, and I can't have an mp3 player like I could on the PC games, only through the Guide. I mean c'mon, I have an mp3 player in my IRL ford Ka, you'd think I could have one in an xbox game. And the humour is nowhere near as good as it was in Vice City. Also the sounds seem to drown out the radio too much, but when you adjust it you end up with too little sound...

I have to agree...I thought Liberty Rock would pull through for me but to be honest was left disappointed. Don't get me wrong some of the songs on some of the stations are good, but some are just plain awful....

Anyone been on the GTA internet and gone on craplist (some community forum). There's like loads of activities but I don't know if they're interactive. For example one is a guy wants a lift from somewhere to somewhere else on a certain day, I was wondering if you actually went there would he be there?

Yeah I thought the same only just got to using the internet for the first time but spent plenty of time pissing around with it.

Yeah, there is...on the PS3 one at least. Maybe you switched it off by a mistake. :(

Just went for a private lap-dance and Godfrapp came on. :p

Lol! I've still gotta go to the strip club, can you only do it when you are out socializing?

Wow, it seems lots of freezes are happening to people! Makes me fear my new PS3. I've had one crash so far but I've been playing it connected online and had no further problems. Maybe it's just 'chance'?

Wonder what R* will say about it...

I wouldn't worry...I *touch wood* havn't had my PS3 crash yet...but I did have a problem with the game loading, that before I knew of the PSN log out solution. I uninstalled the game data and then reinstalled it and it worked fine.