N-Europe

GTA IV

AshMat

I just had an awesome mission.

It was one of Francis' missions - one where you have to kill a drug dealer. The dealer has his own apartment block, but it's quite open. The first time I died. The second time I though I'd try something...different.

I walked into the place, and then ran behind a wall by the road - they didn't want to come out of their fenced place, but they were still trying to shoot me. So I called the cops. They arrived, and started fighting the dealers for me. With all the grunts at the front distracted I went round the back, went upstairs and killed the smaller amount of grunts to get to my target.

I was amazed that the police actually did what I wanted them to do - I expected them to just shoot me.

Nice one! I did something similar..

I was taking a pasting from a bunch of dealers and so ran away to a safe area and called an ambulance, a few mins later they turned up and healed me (for a cost). Nice touch.

Maybe we can just get through the missions letting the ambulance/police DO the game for us!! Do you have to put your gun away though as the fuzz would see you carrying a piece? Or do they just get stuck into the ones firing?

I've walked down the street with a gun out infront of police and I'm sure nothing has happened. But when you fire it's like your going down instantly.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear it's not just me. Really annoying. Always on a night. I guess the servers are taking an immense beating.

ALSO!

My PS3 crashed tonight which wasn't good. Was going to the strip club too -(awwww maaaaan) I hope this isn't an ongoing thing in the PS3's lifespan. It's only two days old!

Mine has never crashed...I wouldn'tr worry too much though...

Im 30% into it now, and its still interestin. I think iv got the nack of driving now, lovin the race's with BRUCIE!

Hes well the best character. Anyone else fucking HATE manny? Does me tits in

lol, watched some Ricky Gervais on telly, it was good :D :D

I really wanna see Katt Williams stand up on it, hes funny as foook. Heard him on the radio talkin about the prices of weed, twas funny :)

Where is Ricky Gervais? I've only been to the one club right near the beginning of the game...

Where is Ricky Gervais? I've only been to the one club right near the beginning of the game...

He's on the TV at the start of the game if you watch the comedy channel for a bit.

Played it for another 20 minutes last night. Its ok, nothing special really.

Know what you mean.

I haven't had any story missions in ages, all I can do at the moment is cruise around, drive a taxi, deliver drugs and go on dates.

I think it's probably a bug in the game, one of no doubt many that have either been overlooked or ignored when it was getting all it's perfect reviews.

Hmm I think you'll enjoy it when you play it more, I'm reasonably far in now and I'm really enjoying it, theres a lot to do and regarding the story missions, you can do lots of them one after the other, all you have to do is drive to the right place, although there is quite a bit of other stuff in the game so it's easy to get sidetracked. :smile:

Know what you mean.

I haven't had any story missions in ages, all I can do at the moment is cruise around, drive a taxi, deliver drugs and go on dates.

I think it's probably a bug in the game, one of no doubt many that have either been overlooked or ignored when it was getting all it's perfect reviews.

Usually the main story mission is activated by going to the letter on the map, representing the guy you're currently working for, right? (Or at least it has been for me up to now). Is there not a symbol for anybody on your map, and nothing happening when you call them?

Usually the main story mission is activated by going to the letter on the map, representing the guy you're currently working for, right? (Or at least it has been for me up to now). Is there not a symbol for anybody on your map, and nothing happening when you call them?

That's exactly it.

I think the games broken, I'll give it a bit more play, but if I'm forced to start again from scratch I'm sticking it on Ebay.

I thought the last three were fairly mediocre games, mostly due to the fact that everything in the whole game felt like it had been done much better elsewhere. You lot reckon I should bother getting this?

This is *much* better than the others, Really good stuff on show here you really should check out. It's awesome :)

That's exactly it.

I think the games broken, I'll give it a bit more play, but if I'm forced to start again from scratch I'm sticking it on Ebay.

Hmm, weird.

Only thing I can think of is to check GameFAQs for the last mission you remember doing and see how your supposed to progress from there? (That is, if there is an FAQ for that particular point, they'll be in infancy for now I guess). If you do find out what was supposed to happen and it hasn't, then at least you'll know that it's a bug rather than you having missed something somewhere.

How do you join a ranked game? Going into the ranked option on the phone just creates a new one. I don't want to be the host.

Oh, and Car Jack City doesn't seem to work - I got a car. It told me to go to a dropoff point. It didn't tell me where one it. I finally found an arrow in an alleyway but it didn't do anything.

Hmm, weird.

Only thing I can think of is to check GameFAQs for the last mission you remember doing and see how your supposed to progress from there? (That is, if there is an FAQ for that particular point, they'll be in infancy for now I guess). If you do find out what was supposed to happen and it hasn't, then at least you'll know that it's a bug rather than you having missed something somewhere.

I think it's pretty safe to say it's a bug/glitch/whatever you want to call it..

Games like this are always full of them.

How do you join a ranked game? Going into the ranked option on the phone just creates a new one. I don't want to be the host.

Oh, and Car Jack City doesn't seem to work - I got a car. It told me to go to a dropoff point. It didn't tell me where one it. I finally found an arrow in an alleyway but it didn't do anything.

Ditto.

"User error"

I believe the term you are looking for is "PEBCAC" I'm clever because I changed "keyboard" to "controller" since it's console only. =)

just played on-line and its full of tweens who's volcabulary is a plethora of swears and low grade insults in high pitched voices....

You expected any different?

GTA always has and always will be THE most over rated game series in the history of videogames....bar the first two. So scrap the always has! All the 3d ones!

This getting perfect scores and over taking games like Ocarina is a complete insult to class!

I am now one of you, I couldn't resist temptation...plus I wanted to wait until it was cheaper but that didn't help so I traded some games in and made it a little better. Reading up all the tiny details that are in the game jsut made me wanted it more, I couldn't wait.

Plus I got 500 points and the gamer pics when I bought it w00t