N-Europe

GTA IV

AshMat

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres multiplayer, apparently.

Co-op would be fairly insane. GTA's are usually huge and Crackdown solved the co-op issue where enemies only spawned on player 1's side of the game.

I'm right in thinking that the animation is far from final, right?

This game suits gameplay trailers much more than just showing off that it looks nowhere near as good as most other games on the system...

What's wrong with the animation? And no it's final pretty much.

This game looks great, check the bit towards the start where the chopper is flying over the sea.

Or where the fire fighters are running from the exploding car.

Seriously, the little sudtle effects are whats going to make this game extremely pretty.

those gifs are beautiful.

all in all the trailer left me feeling half stoked and half bummed out. it was well put together and the russian rap music went well with it and was getting me pumped but it just looked like the next step up from san andreas, not really anything revoloutionary and 'next gen' like weve been promised.. ive got high hopes for this game, i dont want this to turn into another assasins creed.

What's wrong with the animation?

It's rather jerky.

GTA has been about gameplay more than graphics...why do Rockstar just show us that the game doesn't look anywhere near as good as other games on the system, and not how it plays?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently this is the date to release according to CVG

A specific release date of April 25, 2008 has been given for Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV.

The industry trade publication says it has learned from "sources close the to game's publisher" that the game will miss Easter next year and go on sale in the final week of Take-Two's (Rockstar parent company) second financial quarter - or the last week of April '08.

April 25, 2008, obviously, is a Friday, the traditional release day for games here in the UK.

Take-Two has previously said GTA IV would release between February '08 and April '08.

Earlier today the company revealed that further exclusive episodic content - in addition to previously confirmed content - will be released for GTA IV on Xbox 360, somewhere between November 1, 2008 and October 31, 2009.

• 1 month later...