NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

1600 points?! For one of two DLCs...

That's a lot.

Well judging by IGNs preview, 1600 points is a bargain. They could release this as a full game apparantly.

I'm not going base any decision on IGN. They gave IV a 10 which I don't think it deserved.

Tbh It sounds like it has some stuff that should have been in the original. Variety in mission being the main one. It sounds fun, although I hate that GTA doesn't have recharging health, but I found IV so monotonous that I can't be bothered with it. Especially after completing Saints Row 2.

I'm glad I sold the game rather than waiting to see what the DLC is like. It sounds like it's going even further from what. I think I'll have to check out Saints Row 2 - from what I've heard that game is actually based on having fun.

I've never owned a GTA game and neither do I want one. Really don't care about it. Sandbox games in general need to improve gameplay wise I think. Most of the time it's essentially one big level that you've seen the majority of so in story mode it would be better to have more variation.

I've never owned a GTA game and neither do I want one. Really don't care about it. Sandbox games in general need to improve gameplay wise I think. Most of the time it's essentially one big level that you've seen the majority of so in story mode it would be better to have more variation.

If you haven't owned a GTA game it doesn't really give you much leeway to comment on GTA gameplay, if you don't like that kind of game, that's fine, but that doesn't mean GTA should change so you do like it, it's already ridiculously popular, for example, there are no changes in the world that would make me play the majority of sports games, but I don't they should change since clearly some idiot loves buying the same football game year in year out with just better graphics and different names above people's heads, so it remains profitable

That's a very limited way to look at it. What you have with GTA is the deepest, finely nuanced and well designed gameworld of all time. It's an artistic triumph that pushed the boundaries of what gaming is capable of in so many areas.

Still, you've not played it. You weren't to know:heh:

Re: the price.

My first reaction was a bit of a coffee spitting knee jerk you WHAT? kind of situation

I've thought about it some more though and with that kind of content (new plot, new cast, new radio stations, new missions) what we have here is NOT comparable to your standard DLC offerings. Instead, I'm considering it comparable to the expansion sets associated with Blizzard games (for a popular example) where the main game was released then six months later you got a new cmapaign, a few new units or characters and a new set of maps for half the price.

Arcade releases are generally just arcade games and small content releases but we shouldn't consider that it's only capability. This is bigger and more elaborate than anything anyone has ever released on the platform and i think the price will just be a reflection of that.

The reviews have said pretty much the same thing as Dan Dare, that it will revolutionize the way we look at DLC. I'm interested to see how it turns out myself.

I've played a lot of the game! I completed the bank mission (first time if it matters) and thought it was quite good, but after I learned that was the trademark level. I didn't think it was that great.

Obviously the game looks amazing and is technically amazing but in terms of fun and gameplay I didn't think it was all there.

I've played a lot of the game! I completed the bank mission (first time if it matters) and thought it was quite good, but after I learned that was the trademark level. I didn't think it was that great.

Obviously the game looks amazing and is technically amazing but in terms of fun and gameplay I didn't think it was all there.

I agree. The game has no flow.

People told me to keep playing it until the bank job. I did and was completely underwhelmed. Nico is an awful character devoid of any charm.

The game is too easy and the missions are incredibly boring.

Try Saints Row 2. It never for one iota takes itself seriously and is a blast.

Yeah. To me, it seems more comparable to the kind of expansion packs you get for PC games. I'm thinking: Tiberian Sun Firestorm, which added a whole new set of campaigns, new units, new maps, new rules.

Yeah I may try out Saints Row 2 when I use the code Choze gave me for the 3 month trial with LoveFilm. Legend.

hum, i relly liked the bank job, and thought niko was a great character. had some depth. i did enjoy the game, though it suffers the same problem all sandbox games do, freedom is an illusuion and missions are repetative.

hum, i relly liked the bank job, and thought niko was a great character. had some depth. i did enjoy the game, though it suffers the same problem all sandbox games do, freedom is an illusuion and missions are repetative.

GTA was great up until the bank job, then it was the repetitive "find x, kill/kidnap x" style missions afterwards. And they didn't take too long to do either. Still, it was a great game with a great story to it.

I am looking forward to this DLC, to see a new side of Liberty City as the creators have mentioned already.

If you haven't owned a GTA game it doesn't really give you much leeway to comment on GTA gameplay, if you don't like that kind of game, that's fine, but that doesn't mean GTA should change so you do like it, it's already ridiculously popular, for example, there are no changes in the world that would make me play the majority of sports games, but I don't they should change since clearly some idiot loves buying the same football game year in year out with just better graphics and different names above people's heads, so it remains profitable

The media are just as bad with GTA.

Chicago Tribune: Is 'Grand Theft Auto IV' the greatest writing of the century?

There are no changes in the world that would make me play the majority of sports games, but I don't they should change since clearly some idiot loves buying the same football game year in year out with just better graphics and different names above people's heads, so it remains profitable

sry, just have to point out how wrong this whole statement is. Clearly you needa play some sports games if thats what you think of them. Theyve gone through some changes, trusttt meh.

sry, just have to point out how wrong this whole statement is. Clearly you needa play some sports games if thats what you think of them. Theyve gone through some changes, trusttt meh.

im split down the middle between you and road.

on the one hand, i agree that more is changed in a game then just the graphics and player rosters, i know controles are refined, new elements are added in, but i still dont think its different enough from the previous years offering to warrent a £40 price tag. then again, i dont enjoy sports games.

Well that's why you don't pay £40 for them. For Fifa I think what I'll do is buy a new one every 2 years.

I love the fact that this expansion is supposedly so long - 15 hours according to the Eurogamer review. I spent £35 on Dead Space and just finished it in 10 hours, and while I'll probably play through it at least once more I'm sure the asides that comes with a playthrough of GTA will make that a roughly equal playtime for half the money. Can't wait for this to come out.

Just noticed there's been next to no chatter about the expansion pack being released today for GTA IV. I, personally, am not going to be getting it right away, though it does add a lot of features to the game, I can't justify spending 1600 MS points on it just yet.

Do you plan on picking this up? If so - you might be interested to know that it comes out today, at 10am GMT. Which means it's probably out now, depending on when you read this.

Leave your impressions here - and yes, I do care, as I'm basing whether or not I purchase this on what everyone else has to say about it :heh:

Release Date: Tuesday 17th February 2009

Platform: Exclusive to Xbox 360 :awesome:

Price: 1600 MS Points

Doh, god damn it, sorry guys, I actually didn't see this thread bumped on my New Posts button. I just made a separate thread for it unintentionally. Feel free to either let it be or merge it, mods. : peace:

Just got in from work... 6:30 am :zzz:

Will buy this when I wake up... Will have a lil go before I got to go to work again...

Will be on at the weekend if anyone is up for some online (not sure if they are adding anything to the online :confused: )