NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

Just noticed there's been next to no chatter about the expansion pack being released today for GTA IV. I, personally, am not going to be getting it right away, though it does add a lot of features to the game, I can't justify spending 1600 MS points on it just yet.

You can't justify spending £13 for 20 hours of gameplay? How in hell did you ever justify buying Guitar Hero?

You can't justify spending £13 for 20 hours of gameplay? How in hell did you ever justify buying Guitar Hero?

If you knew how long I've spent playing GH2/3/RB1/2 you'd know I'd have my monies worth :heh:

I was looking for how much this added to the game yesterday but sorta forgot half way through researching it. Is it really 20 hours? Impressive stuff.

Yeh, it adds about another 10 or so hours to the main gameplay. For 1600 MS Points, that's not bad. In fact it's pretty good. Shame I no longer have GTA IV otherwise I'd probably give this a download.

Major flaw of large scale DLC like this: the agonizing wait while it downloads.

10-15 is the likely figure.

A guy over on xbox.com has finished the main story, he said it took 6-7 hours to complete which included watching all the cutscenes.

I'm planning on getting this DLC over the weekend, give it a good bash when i have some proper time to play on it. £13 for 10+ hours of extra gameplay, could be worth it eventually i think.

Been playing this for a few hours, loving the story so far, lovin how it merges in with Niko, and the radio updates fit in around stuff Niko was doing at the same time, quite cool.

I've done a few missions, but the online has peaked my interest again, new game modes are a nice change, the chopper vs chopper (bike vs helicopter) mode is well fun, and being that ur chopper is invincible, u can do some quite funny chases xD Also lovin the game of tag, wer one bike is the leader, u hav to kill him and u become leader, its fun fun fun. :)

Anyone up for some online co-op on the new missions?

*also lovin the single player races, the added baseball bat on the bike is fun, if not a bit tricky at first :/

Just played for about an hour and a half. Feels really different! Just gotta finish it before Thursday :D.

played a bit more, iv totaled about 6 hours play time so far, iv been doing story missions, with the odd side mission, just did a few of the gang wars missions (thers 25 in total) and some races (12 in total), and met a secret character, not sure how many theyve included in the add-on though.

I have to say, this is the best DLC iv played so far, i can see this lasting me a fair few hours, with the added multiplayer content, this could of been sold as a "GTA IV : Stories" title or sumthing, like they did with gta 3 and vice city. Lovin it :)

Took me 6 hours to get to 48% :( I'll download the rest tomorrow and play it on Thursday then.

do you have background downloading turned on? It'll download whilst u sleep that way! :P

I'm still not sure how this works. You play as this new guy right, so does that mean you dont have the friend abilities (Packie car bomb etc) that Niko has access to?

Should hopefully be playing it tomo.

You have access to some abilities and you can call on your 'buddies' for help too.

You have new buddies, which can give you backup "you role as a biker gang" , weapons "wich deliver to your home or cloest to you" and backup "which means they come to your aid, no matter wher you are"...

This is the best DLC to date

4 hours in 19.70%. Done all the races, you can do any of them again to get the 69 dismount achievement. As for the story I think its better than main story.

4 hours in 19.70%. Done all the races, you can do any of them again to get the 69 dismount achievement. As for the story I think its better than main story.

Worddddd.

This is a gud piece of DLC, the best.

IM ON A BOAT BITCH EVERYONE TAKE A LOOK AT ME IM ON A BOAT!

Worddddd.

This is a gud piece of DLC, the best.

IM ON A BOAT BITCH EVERYONE TAKE A LOOK AT ME IM ON A BOAT!

Ah, someone else found The Lonely Island I see? :awesome: :D

woo finished it, the last few missions are goooood, took like 7 - 8 hours to do the story, iv gotta do some side missions now wooop.

Absolutely loving this so far! Not a fan of the grainy look they've given the graphics but love everything else! The characters are great and I love how from the get go you've got a huge rivalry going. I thought the main story was far too long but the fact that I know this is only 10 hours or so long means i love it even more :D

Absolutely loving this so far! Not a fan of the grainy look they've given the graphics but love everything else! The characters are great and I love how from the get go you've got a huge rivalry going. I thought the main story was far too long but the fact that I know this is only 10 hours or so long means i love it even more :D

Yeah I hated the grain effect too. Start > Video Settings > Noise Effect > Off is your friend!

Just done one of the Niko crossover missions. Now I want to replay the original game to refresh my memory of that stuff, see if it's consistant :p