NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

Btw, when the chopper your chasing goes under the bridge, dont bother and turn straight away towards the open water. Keeps you much closer to the target.

Btw, when the chopper your chasing goes under the bridge, dont bother and turn straight away towards the open water. Keeps you much closer to the target.

yeah I do that and get all the way until we are about to turn back to the land and jacob takes his first shot and misses, often by next to nothing like it looks like it touches.

Me and my mate had our first online game last night, we were on free mode. It was epic, deffinitely the most fun I've had with the game so far! Tbh, GTAIV was made for multiplayer.

yeah I do that and get all the way until we are about to turn back to the land and jacob takes his first shot and misses, often by next to nothing like it looks like it touches.

Dunno what to say then. It's just something that happens or it doesn't. Theres no trick to it afaik, just try and stay roughly the same height and don't rock about too much.

I thought it was fixed that he'd hit on the third time tbh.

I thought it was fixed that he'd hit on the third time tbh.

I always fail after he misses the first time...

OK I've just completed the game...

... on both endings, (where Roman or Kate die). And I've saved the endings on different files, but does it matter which one I continue with to try and get 100%?

Mine hit the second or third time of jacob shooting at the other helicopter. I can remember a first one definatly missing.

OK I've just completed the game...

... on both endings, (where Roman or Kate die). And I've saved the endings on different files, but does it matter which one I continue with to try and get 100%?

Personally id carry on with the one where Kate dies as that way you can keep using Romans taxis if you need them. Dont think Kate gives you anything.

wtf.. just when i got the game i did some havok and ran from the police with 6 stars for 5 minutes and 15 seconds.. just found out theres an achivement for doing it for 5 minutes.. that i didnt get... grrrrrrr

I always fail after he misses the first time...

Don't think you're getting close enough then. He only shoots when its roughly lined up and close. Sounds to me like your not getting there fast enough and he doesn't have time to shoot any more than once.

wtf.. just when i got the game i did some havok and ran from the police with 6 stars for 5 minutes and 15 seconds.. just found out theres an achivement for doing it for 5 minutes.. that i didnt get... grrrrrrr

I got it by getting a chopper before opening up Alderney and just flying over. Nobody does anything to you!

rather oddly went back to do the paper trail mission and it didn't happen like before after the 1st shot the continued whereas every other time I did it, I found the mission ended...first 2 shots missed then 3rd shot hit like a charm.

Just started this again aiming for the <30hr achievement, and to see what happens when you make certain different choices. Noticed some things in tutorial I forgot about or never paid attention to before :heh: like RB for handbrake (I always used A) and pressing down on the D-Pad to speed up phone conversations. And I'm using the taxi to get everywhere...

Anyone know the fastest way to get Little Jacob to start supplying me with guns?

I ought to get back into this now, need to finish the bank raid mission i keep failing on because somehow i can't quite perfect a grenade throw and keep blowing myself up.

I've not played it in weeks. Might try to get back into it at some point.

I've been watching jayseven play this and he's getting through it in such a strange order.

He

unlocked all 3 islands and killed Francis

long before he even

got the apartment in algonquin

That said with the way I'm trying to get through it now, in under 30 hours, it's looking a bit more like that for me too.

I've been playing a ton of multiplayer this week which is something I havn't really done. Loving playing Hangmans Noose...

Also another thing how does the rockstar zombie thing work? Is it if you kill a rockstar employee? or is it viral as in if you kill someone who has killed someone who killed a rockstar employee etc... either way I can now dress in the yellow pants and zombie get up!

I'm really starting to hate it. I just can't see why this game is getting 10's every where. I might even just sell it.

I'm finding every mission to be utterly boring and when I die more than once in a mission it becomes even more tedious. I've never understood the facination with GTA and now I've actually played one I understand it even less.

I'm really starting to hate it. I just can't see why this game is getting 10's every where. I might even just sell it.

I'm finding every mission to be utterly boring and when I die more than once in a mission it becomes even more tedious. I've never understood the facination with GTA and now I've actually played one I understand it even less.

Perhaps you're just taking such a negative approach that you can't possibly enjoy it? Have you tried just driving around for a bit? Ignore the missions, grab a fast car and evade the police for a bit? Get a helicopter? An NRG 900 motorbike? The multiplayer is great fun too.

Also if you're getting killed during the missions make friends with Jacob, then you can buy body armour from him, most on-foot missions have body armour and health hidden around (which respawns in time). Take cover a lot and use the right stick to aim for the head, pull the trigger for a moment and release, so you only fire one or two bullets (like you would in counter strike or rainbow six) so that the accuracy stays on. I often just use the pistol and kill people in one shot.

Seriously you'll have to approach the game more optimistically, remember it's a sandbox-type title and just try to have fun. Otherwise yep, you're probably right- this isn't for you- you should sell it now while you can still get a decent price for it.

I stopped playing it about a week after it came out. Its too similar to SA and VC but it lacks the charm.

Also I think its much easier than the other ones. I died once, on the Three Leaf Clover mission and that was because the idiot Niko kept trying to melee a swat guy instead of shooting so I lost most my health.

I can appreciate people liking the sandbox aspect but after jumping around Crackdown, GTA becomes pretty mundane and a lot more tedious.

Perhaps you're just taking such a negative approach that you can't possibly enjoy it? Have you tried just driving around for a bit? Ignore the missions, grab a fast car and evade the police for a bit? Get a helicopter? An NRG 900 motorbike? The multiplayer is great fun too.

Also if you're getting killed during the missions make friends with Jacob, then you can buy body armour from him, most on-foot missions have body armour and health hidden around (which respawns in time). Take cover a lot and use the right stick to aim for the head, pull the trigger for a moment and release, so you only fire one or two bullets (like you would in counter strike or rainbow six) so that the accuracy stays on. I often just use the pistol and kill people in one shot.

Seriously you'll have to approach the game more optimistically, remember it's a sandbox-type title and just try to have fun. Otherwise yep, you're probably right- this isn't for you- you should sell it now while you can still get a decent price for it.

Possibly. My main concern with it is, what exactly is there to do in the game? There's not exactly a great deal, with Roman asking you to go drink with him, which is fun the first time as you see the effect, after that it's just like everything else.

Crackdown was a laugh because I played it co-op and got achievements messing around. There doesn't seem to be any of that in this game. I'm just going to leave it for a couple of months I think, maybe go back to it eventually.

I can appreciate people liking the sandbox aspect but after jumping around Crackdown, GTA becomes pretty mundane and a lot more tedious.

I was really expecting to feel like this too but there was so much more to do in GTA that I never really noticed it at all. Although the jumping around and climbing was very frustrating at times.

I was really expecting to feel like this too but there was so much more to do in GTA that I never really noticed it at all. Although the jumping around and climbing was very frustrating at times.

Yeah, I can understand why people like it but I didn't really find the things that interesting to do without any kind of motivation. Also after the absolute chaos and rampant destructive fun of Crackdown, I don't really find GTAIV that fun, if the story was good I could immerse myself in its strong basing in reality but I thought the story was incredibly dull.

Have you tried just driving around for a bit? Ignore the missions, grab a fast car and evade the police for a bit? Get a helicopter? An NRG 900 motorbike?

These I did in GTA3 and I loved it back then. It just had that different feeling to it, less like when I ran over a person I was actually running over someone so I could just enjoy evading the police.

In GTA4 I just can't be bothered going back to it now. It was such a hyped game for me, I couldn't wait to actually own a gta game and do what I did on 3. But the cars controls are meant to be more realistic and other stuff in the game puts me off going back and doing what I want to do.

I guess I should try, but I can't be bothered turning on any of my consoles recently.