NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

Yay just completed GTA, just under 20hours. Towards the end, I was taking taxi's everywhere and only concentrating on the story missions.

I enjoyed it, but the missions are just to similar to each other. Heres hoping the next GTA will blow this one away. And get out of the city, I likes SA, because there was loads of woodland areas.

________

HERBALAIRE VAPORIZER REVIEW

Edited by fex

Getting slightly bored of this game already. I still don't understand all the hype surrounding GTA as a franchise. I'm not that far in the game, does it get better later on?

Anyone else get the feeling that the talk radio stations are really short compared to GTA3 or Vice City? I used to love just driving around listening to Chatterbox on GTA3 but I've only been playing for like 8 hours and I've heard all the talk radio stations loop round at least like 5 times.

A bit crap when you consider Chatterbox FM was like 3.5 hours long

Getting slightly bored of this game already. I still don't understand all the hype surrounding GTA as a franchise. I'm not that far in the game, does it get better later on?

First 10 hours - Over-long, dull tutorial section.

Middle Missions - Loads of fantastic missions.

Later Missions - Rather dull.

I'm pretty bored of it as well. I did the "Three Leaf Clover" mission and that was easy and pretty uneventful. This has the best city, SA had the best missions, VC was the most entertaining in terms of story and script.

Stuck on the last mission but I'm bored of the game..

I was very disapointed with Intergrity 2.0, your right the chatshows were way too short and I always look forward to them.

To be honest though im definately not convinced GTAIV deserves a 10/10, more of an 8/10 for me.

Brucie alone makes this game a 10. Genetically different, baby. Hes such an amazing character that sometimes I wish I was him.

Brucie alone makes this game a 10. Genetically different, baby. Hes such an amazing character that sometimes I wish I was him.

Yeah the conversations between him and Niko are priceless. The other support characters are a drag by comparison

As much as I love this game, I can't help but feel most reviewers barely played the game in order to have the 'first reviews', hence it ending up being (IMO) rather overscored.

anyone know where i can find an infernus?

anyone????

With difficulty! You can wait until you've done missions for one of the characters, and he gives you one (look after it, mine randomly disapeared from one of my parking spaces :mad: )

The other way is to start a race (I remember one of the ones in Dukes is against Inferuses (Inferni?!)) and then head over to the start, shoot the driver and steal the car. Or when you are close to the race you may see some driving about too because of how the game loads cars.

To be honest though, Comet is better, its just as fast, but small enough to fit between lanes of traffic and turns better.

If you keep the first one you get from Bernie loads spawn while you are driving it. Find on, steal it, then push it with the original back to your parking space. I did this with 3 of my safehouses so I have one at each :p

Well I've only just racked up 20 hours today after a 2 hour session. Just done the missions where;

Michelle turns out to be a snitch called Karen what a bitch and had to rescue Roman from a warehouse

For me the game is still getting better and better everytime I play it!

Completed the main story today in 28 hours. I'm a bit sad the main missions are over :(

Has anybody had any trouble contacting the lovemeet girlfriends? I only just found out about the perks, and I sent in a message to the two that you can actually date, but about 2 ingame weeks have gone past with no reply. When I go to contact them again, the option is blanked out. All the rest I at least get a negative reply email, but LawChick and Sobohoe seem to just be ignoring me :(

I want the wanted level perk damnit!

Has anybody had any trouble contacting the lovemeet girlfriends? I only just found out about the perks, and I sent in a message to the two that you can actually date, but about 2 ingame weeks have gone past with no reply. When I go to contact them again, the option is blanked out. All the rest I at least get a negative reply email, but LawChick and Sobohoe seem to just be ignoring me :(

I want the wanted level perk damnit!

How far are you in the game? I've got a feeling that the option to date people from lovemeet might be unlocked after you do a mission where you need to contact someone via lovemeet.

How far are you in the game? I've got a feeling that the option to date people from lovemeet might be unlocked after you do a mission where you need to contact someone via lovemeet.

I've completed the story.

No, its shit, over hyped and over here.

Tried playing twice today, got two disc read errors after 5 minutes. Not looking good.

No, its shit, over hyped and over here.

jeez...its not shit...

Its funny how this hugely hyped games get battered weeks after they come out. It happened with Halo 3, as if the hype isn't enough anyway the reviews come out giving them 10's and then the intial eurphoria means everyone is loving it then it dies down and people are like its just more of the same, its shit, it gets boring fast.... I guess this is what is going to no happen with this big budgeted mass marketed gaming behmoths...good thing or bad thing, you decide...

I dont think its shit but its definatley not as fun as the old gtas. Im probably going to trade my copy in tomorrow

Best gta yet in my opinion. Taking my time with it has made me actually appreciate it rather than trying to fly through it. I think people seem to play a lot of titles for the achievement points rather than actually enjoying everything. Shame for them I say. I‘ve just rescued roman and it's great fun to sink a few hours into.

To be fair I wasn't that hyped for it and at no point did I love it. Essentially it adds nothing new to the formula.

I've got to de-hype myself for MGS4 though. :(

So I got the achievment for taking a taxi from one island to another.. I can now see why that earns you an achivement... the first 4 taxi's I tried got stuck (for good) in traffic.. the fifth somehow ended up alongside a building from where it was unable to move.. finally the sixth took me where I wanted to go

So I got the achievment for taking a taxi from one island to another.. I can now see why that earns you an achivement... the first 4 taxi's I tried got stuck (for good) in traffic.. the fifth somehow ended up alongside a building from where it was unable to move.. finally the sixth took me where I wanted to go

That was quite a fun achievement. It is a lot easier if you don't press X to speed him up otherwise, like you experianced the taxi's get stuck or end up upside down. That happened to me once and the driver got out, pulled me out and beat me up for some reason.

Currently completing all the races on the first island until i can be bothered to do more missions.

I remember enjoying San Andreas more than this. This game is great, but I think it being so overhyped ruined it for me. My expectations were too high. Great game, 9/10 :)