N-Europe

That's it, latest screenshots of The Godfather: Blackhand Edition, are they kidding?

Social

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resident Evil 4 was a game in development for around two years towards the end of the GC's life.

This is a game that's been in development for what, a few months? But more importantly hasn't even been released yet. Wait for the game to come out, then bitch and whine all you like.

Resident Evil 4 was a game in development for around two years towards the end of the GC's life.

This is a game that's been in development for what, a few months? But more importantly hasn't even been released yet. Wait for the game to come out, then bitch and whine all you like.

The games out 23rd March 2007 in Europe, surely it's nearly gold now? So not alot more will be done with the graphics.

Although, you don't know how old those screenshots are do we? (or have i missed something) they could be at the start of development.

Gamespot seem to like it, and there right harsh gits.

...you wouldn't do an ugly girl just because she gives a fun experience.

Well yes actually, I probably would! I'm not too fussy when it comes down to it! Haha!

...and if it's good fun, then why the hell not?! Ha ha

I have no shame!

The games out 23rd March 2007 in Europe, surely it's nearly gold now? So not alot more will be done with the graphics.

Good point. They're probably not going to get any better than what we've seen.

But it's odd to judge a game so harshly when you haven't experienced it for yourself.

why don't we have a separate forum about the graphics of Wii? then the rest of us who don't care or are fed will be happier as the Wii forum will not be full of this crap.

Hey I'm normally with the people that don't care. But this was one step too far

It's not much of an improvement over this!

n64-goldeneye.jpg

I know :hmm:

..I don't really care about big flashy graphics (not that it wouldn't be nice) but unfortunately I expect my opinion isn't shared with your average Joe.. but even so, why should the games have to look that bad.. Resident Evil 4 looks amazing :love:

It's not much of an improvement over this!

n64-goldeneye.jpg

Heres the difference: consistency.

Look, for example, the Tie area in the Godfather screenshots - looks quite detailed (minus the jaggies), while other stuff is just plain ugly.

GoldenEye, on the other hand, keeps a consistant style, and puts what polygons is has to good use.

Thats the difference (to me, anyway) beween bad graphics and old graphics - and why bad graphics detract in gameplay. The consistency of the graphics just make the worst parts stand out - If it's all the same, you don't really notice the low-poly graphics, and can focus better on the gameplay.

1. Hey, let's use super low res blurry textures to increase the fun!

2. It's a shame our modeler went on a vacation cause all he left us were mega crappy low polygon models, oh well, let's use them anyway and fire him afterwards!

3. Hey, I got an idea to increase framerate with 40%, let's not use any lighting in the game, just fullbright, that will make out crappy models and textures even better!

4. Let's use the basic wall texture that came with our Quake 2 engine for this level. Don't forget to turn on fullbright and turn off shaders for that awesome oldskool N64 look!

5. WOW, we actually managed to use a 3D background instead of a 2D one, but the texture artist must have used his webcam when he created this texture!

Hilarious! :laughing:

And I completely agree those visuals fail on both an artistic and technical level, in fact they just fail 100%!

To be honest though I really couldn't care less, as I didn't buy a Wii for this generic 3rd party crap in the first place.

Now this stuff on the other hand...

saywowac0.jpg

Wow! :wink:

Well Nintendo has kinda proved that customers dont really care about graphics. At least not those who buy the Wii.

There's a big difference between bad graphics and fugly graphics. I couldn't care less if a game has bad graphics if the gameplay is good, but these graphics are so inappropriate they're fugly. It gets in the game's way, like it did in Far Cry.

It's funny when people say "could be done on Gamecube" because well...yeah...every single Wii game that ever comes out in the Wii's lifetime could graphically be done very closely on Gamecube pretty much. The extra power isn't enough for monumental upgrades, so any Wii game that comes out even if impressive could probably be done on Gamecube only cutting down on minimal things.

Anyone who really is still utterly disappointed with the visuals of Wii games, despite knowing in advance it's only roughly one and a half times better than the Gamecube, should probably just sell their system now if it's that big a deal.

There's a big difference between a slight improvement, and what we see here, which obviously isn't an improvement at all.

Hilarious! :laughing:

And I completely agree those visuals fail on both an artistic and technical level, in fact they just fail 100%!

To be honest though I really couldn't care less, as I didn't buy a Wii for this generic 3rd party crap in the first place.

Now this stuff on the other hand...

saywowac0.jpg

Wow! :wink:

Some truly gourgeous non-photorealistc stills in your compilation of pics. Think how good a Wind Waker-esque, Cel-shaded Zelda game could look on the Wii.:heh:

Shying away from the fact that the graphics are poor, here are a few interesting tidbits about how the game will play from Ngamer issue 8:

• Reloading a shotgun is initiated by tiliting the nunchuck up and mimicking the 'pump' of the action
  • You can use the remote an nunchuck as arms, to slam enemies into walls by pushing towards the TV screen
  • You can nut foes by whipping the contollers up towards your head
  • You can use the controllers as pistols(reloading by flicking it towards you, like opening and closing a chamber.
  • and you can disable other hoods by aiming the nunchuck at their knees

The interactivity involved as you rise through the ranks trying to impress Don Corleone apparently makes the game 'much more than the sum of its parts' and Ngamer end their preview by saying ' this scores big points for taking the template from the other formats and making it uniquely Wii'.

They also say that due to the inclusion of Wii controls, a game that would otherwise have been much the same, turns out to be really rather fun. The aiming in The Godfather is apaprently 'one of the standouts'. 'Being able to wield the controllers as guns and pop caps in the enemy knees works brilliantly'.The voice acting - although missing Al Pacino - is also said to be 'top quality'.

To me , its sounds like EA have actually put quite a bit of though into this and have implemented the Wii controls well. Graphics aren't the 'be all and end all' ya know.

To me , its sounds like EA have actually put quite a bit of though into this and have implemented the Wii controls well. Graphics aren't the 'be all and end all' ya know.

Hopefully the implimention is actually better than it is in the video that shows off the controls.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!