N-Europe

Prince of Persia Movie! Disney!

Retro_Link

rules_game-logo.jpg

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/767/767122p1.html

Disney Heading to Persia

Prince may rule summer '08.

US, February 23, 2007 - Pirates of the Caribbean producer Jerry Bruckheimer snagged the movie rights to Ubisoft's hit game Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time a few years back. The film version has been in development at Walt Disney Pictures, with the game's creator Jordan Mechner having penned a script at one point with screenwriter John August supervising it and serving as an executive producer.

With the Mouse House now hungry for franchises, JimHillMedia.com is reporting that Disney and Bruckheimer Films are "now gearing up to put a Prince of Persia movie into production. Because it's thought that a film based on this hugely popular series of Ubisoft Entertainment games (Which -- in theory -- will be Disney's big action-adventure release for the Summer of 2008) could then lead to a new hit series of movies for the studio."

Although not always a reliable source of information on upcoming films, IMDB.com is listing nineteen year-old Aussie actor Charlie Clausen as playing the titular prince.

This has the potential to be fantastic!!

Seems a very fitting follow up franchise for Disney and Bruckheimer, as it has the same sort of themes to it as a Pirates of the Caribbean movie; the locations (that aren't at sea), costumes, sword fighting etc... so they should really be able to produce something great!

There's every chance of a trilogy aswell (though it might not follow the story of the games)!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope they go SoT style and drop the gore driven Warrior Within.
I'd imagine they will!

Firstly it's based on Sand of Time (not that that would really have anything to do with it!),

but Secondly, they will be going after the same audience as Pirates of the Caribbean, so I'd expect that level of fighting/violence.

I think this film will be more action and less comedy focused than Pirates, but it will be great to see what they do!