N-Europe

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capcom has finally confirmed persistent rumours that Okami is coming to Nintendo Wii, telling a London audience this week that the game will arrive on our screens in spring 2008.

Celebrated on PS2 for its absorbing puzzle and action adventure mechanics, gripping narrative inspired by Japanese folklore and beautiful watercolour visuals, its rebirth on Wii has been much hyped.

The game also lends itself rather well to the potential of Nintendo's Wiimote for control. Amaterasu's Celestial Brush - a paintbrush used in combat and for solving puzzles - is a perfect fit for the Wiimote, and so it proves, while combat will also include various "motion-controlled physical attacks".

www.eurogamer.net

Bah I went and bought the PS2 version earlier this year as well. I still haven't played it though :(

Yeah same here. I could just sell my PS2 and buy it on Wii, cus it's the only reason I bought it. I'm not really into PS2, but I like the look of Okami. Might as well get it for a console I actually want to play.

Ready for Dawn?

After yesterday's leak gaping hole from the Capcom press event in London, it seemed like all the nifty surprises had been ruined. But wait, one more!

As reported by Eurogamer, Capcom announced at their London media briefing that their critical darling Okami would be making its way onto Wii in Spring 2008. Also worth noting: Quartermann totally called it.

For those uninitiated to the game, the former PlayStation 2-exclusive title was often compared to Zelda for its combination of action, platforming and puzzles, and saw the hero Amaterasu painting brush strokes on the screen for combat and puzzles. Seems like an obvious fit for Wii, doesn't it? There will also be motion-controlled attacks.

We have a man on the floor of the London event, so as soon as the embargo lifts, you'll hear all the details from him.

yeah ready for dawn bit of look around reveals;

errr...nothing...who are they?!

Ready at Dawn;

Ready at Dawn is a video game developer located in Santa Ana, California and is comprised some of the former members of Naughty Dog and Blizzard Entertainment. Formed in 2003, they have recently released their first title, Daxter, (to critical acclaim) for the PlayStation Portable. It is able to connect to the PS2 game Jak X: Combat Racing.

Ready at Dawn is currently working on their second PSP title, God of War: Chains of Olympus for the PSP

so abit of pedigree there...

yeah ready for dawn bit of look around reveals;

errr...nothing...who are they?!

Ready for Dawn: God of War PSP.

Alot of Japanese devs are outsourcing now:

SEGA

-ALIEN FPS (360/PS3) Gearbox Software

-ALIEN RPG (360/PS3) Obsidian Entertainment

-Condemned 2: Bloodshot (360/PS3) Monolith Productions

-Happy Tree Friends False Alarm (XBLA) Mondo Media

-Iron Man (360/DS/PS2/PS3/PSP/Wii) Secret Level

-Golden Axe: Beast Riders (360/PS3) Secret Level

-NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii) Sonic Team USA

-Samba de Amigo (Wii) Gearbox Software

-Sega Rally Revo (360/PS3) Sega Racing Studio

-Sega Rally Revo (PSP) Bugbear

-Sega Superstars Tennis (360/DS/PS2/PS3/Wii) Sumo Digital

-Sega Vintage Series (XBLA) Backbone Entertainment

-Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP) Backbone Entertainment

-Sonic RPG (DS) Bioware

-Sonic Rush Adventure (DS) Sonic Team USA

-The Club (360/PS3) Bizarre Creations

-The Golden Compass (360/PS2/PS3/PSP/Wii) Shiny Entertainment

-The Golden Compass (DS) A2M Entertainment

-Universe at War: Earth Assault (360) Petroglyph Studio

-Viking: Battle for Asgard (360/PS3) The Creative Assembly

-Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 (360/PSP) Sports Interactive

Konami

-Contra 4 (DS) Wayforward Technologies

-Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2 (360) Konami Digital Entertainment America

-Diary Girl (DS) ???

-GoPets: Vacation Island (DS) 1st Playable Productions

-Hellboy: Science of Evil (360/PS3/PSP) Krome Studios

-Konami Chess Battle (PSP) Leviathan Games

-New International Track & Field (DS) Sumo Digital

-Silent Hill V (360/PS3) The Collective

-Silent Hill Origins (PSP) Climax Studios

Capcom

-Bionic Commando (360/PS3) GRIN

-Commando 3 (PSN/XBLA) Backbone Entertainment

-Harvey Birdman: Attourney at Law (PS2/PSP/Wii) High Voltage Software

-MotoGP '07 (PS2) Milestone S.r.l.

-Okami (Wii) Ready at Dawn Studios

-Rocketmen: Axis of Evil (PSN/XBLA) A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. Games

-Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix (PSN/XBLA) Backbone Entertainment

-Talisman (PSN/XBLA) Big Rooster

Awesome news! Not to say: "awesome Shi-!!!"

Anyway, maybe this game will have now the true credit that deserves, but i'm still kind of sad.... it's a port. I'd prefer a sequel a lot more. Although... there's no more Clover Studios for Capcom... :(

Hmmm I have it for the PS2 and it is brilliant.. Ill pick it up for the Wii also.. love the humor in it.. som old geezer is making a long long speech and when he is finished Okami is sleeping on the ground.. ha ha.. a little stab at "long winded speeches in games perhaps"?

And the art in the game is simply amazing.. i think its the most beautifull game i ever played..

Okami is a great game...But two ports/remakes in two years by the same company...Is that a good thing?

well hopefully the logic is that it will fund new exciting projects...this starts to fall down and become a problem if they instead pump the money into other consoles projects...