Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Tearjerkers

welsh_gamer

I found it hard not to jump up and yell YES GO ON JACK, KILL THE FUCKERS!

You know he's going to kick some arse. Jack Bauer never says die. But, just that moment, you see the softer side of him.

LOL ye. I think I cried the first time I saw that, but now I think how stupid I was. My friend shouts Wilson, everytime she see's a FedEx van go by :D Most Tom Hanks films are tearjerkers now I think about it. I vaguely remember getting emotional in The Terminal, and my mum cried once at the end of Turner and Hooch.

Hahaha. That's class.

Seriously though, it's nothing to be laughed at! It's a completely soul destroying moment. Honest. :red:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Castaway:
When he loses Wilson. Seriously, any actor that can make you cry over a volleyball is one hell of an actor. Tom Hanks is amazing.

The ending where he's at the crossroads and it just cuts. Such a bleak but incredible ending.

That made me upset when I first saw it. but now it makes me laugh as it reminds me of a Daffy Duck episode. "They can't play without you, Spalding." Quality.

Alright, I think I'm ready to do this.

Towards the end, when Jack is about to "trade himself" for Kim (I think). And then jack breaks down, I found it hard not to cry at that.

Do you mean when Nina tells him that Kim's body was found in the water, and he crashes his car into the warehouse? (ie below in response to Retro)

Lord Of The Rings:
When Faramir dies...:(

Also when you see the ship sailing at the end, and you realise that it really is the end.

Did I miss something there?

I found it hard not to jump up and yell YES GO ON JACK, KILL THE FUCKERS!

That was such a powerful moment, and the last thing I expected. Jack storming into the warehouse and killing the Drazens and all their henchmen still stands as one of my favourite TV moments.

Do you mean when Nina tells him that Kim's body was found in the water, and he crashes his car into the warehouse? (ie below in response to Retro)

[/Quote]

I think it's that bit. I'm watching them on DVD at the moment, and I'm coming up to that bit, so I'll know what I mean.

Did I miss something there?

[/Quote]

Lmao, I didn't spot my mistake. I meant Boromir. Cheers for pointing it out.

When Kirk dies in Generations, and then Picard buries him, and gently places his badge on the final resting place of the original & definitive captain of the USS Enterprise. And then the camera starts to pan accompanied with a suitably sweeping soundtrack. Gets me every time.

Rocky III when Mickey dies, and Rocky tells him that they'll stop fighting and take the time to do whatever Mickey wants. It sort of make you realise that Rocky was the only thing in his life that was ever any good.

Trite example, perhaps.

The Snowman!!! When he melts at the end :( after all the fun they have had during the night..sniff..

Ooooh, how I could I forget about that one. And then, wondering if perhaps it was all a dream, he checks his pocket. And sure enough, there it is. And then the music starts.

Bambi. Hits me like a brick wall everytime.

The Killing Fields was also quite sad, and the final scene almost jerked a tear from me (in an uplifting way).

And as sad as it may sound (and even though I don't like the show anymore), the Season 2 finale of Lost gets me when...

Desmond is contemplating suicide and is about to read the book that he always intended would be the last in his life, when a note slips out saying how much that Penelope girl loved him; and then the realisation that he wasted a good part of his life and missed a huge opportunity to be with the woman he loves, and then his sheer outburst afterwards, when he hears the sound of John crying...

But I never really cried at any of these because I'm so damn macho, but they all almost did.

Do I really have to explain this one? Anyone who's seen it knows why.

I think I've seen that one, there's one episode I'm thinking of, but I'm not sure if it is "My Screw Up"...

All 'tear-jerkers' I know of have been mentioned, except for:

Sniper Wolf's dying minutes.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!