Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Valentine's day

Whizkid

Guest Stefkov

I hate Valentines day. Just another day for shops to cash in money.

Another pointless holiday created to please people who lack knowledge. (no offence if you like it)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try not to acknowledge Valentines Day. Not because I'm a bitter, loveless social recluse, oh no.

Ten years ago on the 14th February a guy driving to see his girlfriend to give her a late Valentines gift hit and killed my 5 year old cat Davey.

Never really liked the holiday after that.

:red: Bastard..

Valentines Day is an excuse for girls to get what they want out of men. I swear, it's like they expect you to plan things and spend money on them, since when was it "make your boyfriend poor day" eh?!

It's never equal. Sure they might buy you a card and a present if you're lucky, but you have to do that as well as buy the meal and what ever else.

Have been with my g/f for a few years now though and we're not that bothered about it anymore, so i'll probably get away with just a meal. Still puts me out £40 probably though, damn restaurants exploiting the day!

I love girls and their selective sexism. What you said Jav is just another example of it.

Excellent point. In a moment of current world evaluation, i'd say girls have it pretty good, maybe even better than guys. Thought they'll never admit it. when a girl gets hired over a man just so the company can say, look we're not sexist, that right there is sexist to men, but they can never agree that thats the way they saw the situation. I say all interviews should be under an anonomous name, done behind a screen and through a voice varying box.

But i digress :p

This'll be my first proper Valentines Day. :D I've been with my girlfriend for over 3 months now. :) We're not planning anything too big. It's to early in the relationship to do anything huge tbh. Although I am going to get her something really nice. :) It's her birthday two days before too, so I'm getting her something nice for her birthday too, lol! :)

Still haven't decided what to do. Having managed to avoid a situation in which I was with anyone on valentines day (last year I split up with my girlfriend 2 weeks before, year before I got with someone a week after it), I approach this year in between being with someone and not being with someone. Complicated isn't the word. However, I loathe the day as a poor excuse for present buying, considering that there shouldn't just be one day a year when you can show affection.

I'll probabily just end up giving her one of my old cuddly toys she's become attatched to. A small yellow dog called Benji that sits on my dashboard, he falls off when I accelerate or turn too quickly, and also makes my car stand out in a car park from miles away from his bright-yellowness. If I'm going to give a gift, I might as well give something that means something. Not just the standard chocolates, flowers, card or underwear. Thought that counts, eh?

Girls presents to guys always suck even though they expect you to put in so much effort and thought.

I'm single this year, and my last relationship ended just after V-day last year. So I'll spend it thinking, "man last year I was gettin some, how depressing". Then I'll remember that I'm happier anyway :D

did that sound convincing?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!