N-Europe

annoying words or phrases!

mcj metroid

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When someone (most probably a girl) interjects like every 3 words in a sentence.

It's straight out of the OC and all them frickin american teenage sitcoms and annys the HELL outta me!

the wost part is, i do it all the time. annoys the fuck out of me too!

Guest Stefkov

I hate it when people use the word 'literally' when they say something.

Plus when Rio Ferdinand scored that goal a long while ago, he went to celebrate, and started doing that finger thing, and saying Brrap. He needed a slap.

How about "cheers"? Its commonly used as a substitute for "thank you" now, particularly in countries like Australia where every second person says cheers instead of thank you. What happened to the time when cheers was said as part of toasting to a particular occasion/moment?

That sick thing is a load of bollocks (and i don't mean then dogs bollocks), why would anyone wanna associate sick with good?!

In the same way as bad and wicked. To quote some song from the end of 51st state 'Everything good is bad, and everything bad is good'

You know what really amuses me though? When people try and claim originations of words, like how skaters or grungers were using words first, then their words were stolen by chavs or vice versa. Silly people.

How about "cheers"? Its commonly used as a substitute for "thank you" now, particularly in countries like Australia where every second person says cheers instead of thank you. What happened to the time when cheers was said as part of toasting to a particular occasion/moment?

Everyone seemed to find it amusing when I said that in America. I say cheers most of the time, not thanks.

Nothing wrong with cheers, to me it just seems like a friendlier thank you!

Common chavs (some of my friends are kind of chavs, but they arent as over the top as some. Im sure they are doing it to fit in.) :

You bump into someone and say "sorry" and then they say "you should be..."

Argh! thats why i said sorry in the first place!

Surely what they mean to say is "you will be", if they're aiming to sound threatening rather then idiotic.

^ yeah i guess

Ive never heard of the brrrrat thing.

ite bleds

I like the word 'touche' (sp!) I use it when someone insults you or does something against you and you get them back "touche!"

Has anyone ever thought that the word 'yes' is rarely used now? Its always 'yeah' now because people cant be bothered to close their mouth to make the 's' sound.

^ yeah i guess

Ive never heard of the brrrrat thing.

ite bleds

I like the word 'touche' (sp!) I use it when someone insults you or does something against you and you get them back "touche!"

Has anyone ever thought that the word 'yes' is rarely used now? Its always 'yeah' now because people cant be bothered to close their mouth to make the 's' sound.

I don't think its because people can't be bothered to make the s sound, well for me it isn't! As far as I'm concerned "yeah" and "yep" and the like are just more casual, they just sound better in normal conversion.