N-Europe

Stocka

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Lord of the Rings or Twilight? He's right about LotR, though to be fair I haven't read or seen Twilight.

Lord of the Rings. The book is vastly better than the films.

I have no desire to know anything about Twilight, let alone see/read it.

Let's just say that at the A-Level English Dinner, where intellectual conversation flowed, when the girl-who-lives-with-me listed the Twilight series amongst great modern literature, everyone started laughing.

But we were a bit tipsy on RED WINE (Col-by GAGA!) Yeah oh.

A Daniel Hercter (?) suit, belt, 2 ties, a fancy white shirt, adress/pointy shoes, from Slaters.

£256

Pics please!

I love men's suits...on men of course. My brother has one which was tailor made for him (on Saville Row of course :P) and it has electric blue silk lining, just amazing.

Had a shop for holiday stuff today in Cambridge. Yay for mums and credit cards!

3 t-shirts, including some sailor type thing specifically meant for a themed night out...but I love it.

Pair of white skinnies

Striped Blue/white shirt

Grey/Green cardigan hoody thing.

Pics please!

I love men's suits...on men of course. My brother has one which was tailor made for him (on Saville Row of course :P) and it has electric blue silk lining, just amazing.

It's being adjusted as we speak. :) I'm collecting it on Thursday.

Lord of the Rings. The book is vastly better than the films.

Not for me - I find the books far, far too slow and clunky - they're weighed down with too much information. The films, on the other hand, are very nicely "balanced".

Not for me - I find the books far, far too slow and clunky - they're weighed down with too much information. The films, on the other hand, are very nicely "balanced".

The films make bizarre changes to the book's story. Understandably for time, yet still unforgivable, Tom Bombadil. The weird love story with Aragorn and Arwen, utter shit. The whole Mouth of Sauron, which is only in the extended version of the third film, was awful. The Elves turning up at Helms Deep at the end of the second film, yeah, way to undermine the book.

Although I agree the book starts off slow (the whole bit in right at the beginning in the mist, well I skipped that the first time I read it), by the time they get to Rivendale you air flying and by that point it is just long, but in a good way. I enjoyed it so much more on my second read and the films really don't compare.