N-Europe

what's the most profound thing to ever happen to you?

ultrajamie

Watching Devendra Banhart play live at Reading a few years ago. Shit festival, shit stage, fucking incredible performance. Back when Devendra played gigs with just him and a guitar, with another guy playing steel guitar on a few songs. After about 20 minutes I went into a trance and didn't click out of it until at least the next day.

Well the original title was "profund" so that may have confused people :heh: I had to make a slight adjustment :laughing:

Personally I would have to go with Leeds 2003, I just had such an amazing time, the whole experience was happy, there was no downside (maybe the toilets...) it was just an amazing Summer altogether.

Totally unrelated but loving your avatar Weeyellowbloke! Curious Orange rocks, With Richard Not Judy was so under rated!

Anyways, the most profound thing to happen to me was being with some of my best mates watching Faithless at Creamfields, was the best feeling ever, being with people you love surrounded by thousands of people, all happy, all dancing, was awesome :yay:

Realising that from the moment we are born, were actually dying already.

It might sound a little morbid, but it just is the truth.

My gf said that when I turn 21 I will begin to die. I was like in extras chris martin style. "Are you having a laugh!"

My gf said that when I turn 21 I will begin to die. I was like in extras chris martin style. "Are you having a laugh!"

I heard that one too, but I thought it reffered to the fact that untill like your early twenties your becoming stronger, smarter, etc. But after your early twenties it goes downhill. After that you start becoming middle-aged.

Realising that from the moment we are born, were actually dying already.

It might sound a little morbid, but it just is the truth.

To be honest, you do it while you're in the womb. Your cells dying are a natural process in your body for it do develop properly. If this was not the case, you wouldnt have seperate fingers and your limbs would probably be fused to your sides. As I remember your spinal cord wouldnt form properly either.

But for me the most profound thing that has happened (recently because I find life quite profound generally) was realising that I was actually ready to marry someone. Not just thinking about marrying them or what it would be like but being totally emotionally and spiritually prepared to go the distance with a person. I realised this about 3 weeks ago and we broke up about a month and a half ago. Wasn't a happy day.... still isn't.