NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

I am deciding to import this, as I think it will be be worth putting in the Freeloader to gain the viewing superiority. I was put off by the comparisons.

Hopefully the few spoilers I've seen and heard about won't kill it for me.

Can anyone give me word on the controls: Is there enough variety in what you do to keep busy or does it get repetitive and mashy? The game looks really good and I'd just like to hear what the core-gameplay is like.

Cheers.

I am deciding to import this, as I think it will be be worth putting in the Freeloader to gain the viewing superiority. I was put off by the comparisons.

Hopefully the few spoilers I've seen and heard about won't kill it for me.

Can anyone give me word on the controls: Is there enough variety in what you do to keep busy or does it get repetitive and mashy? The game looks really good and I'd just like to hear what the core-gameplay is like.

Cheers.

yeah, its bashy and kinda repetative in places, but theres enough staratergy (dont get surrounded etc) to break it up. plus, its really all about the boss fights, which i loved. all challenging and different. im a big fan of this game, its very old school cool.

Hey guys, thought i'd post this here, while on holidays in the Philippines I got some more of my custom t-shirts made up (hand made with air-brush paint).

And I got one of Travis done so thought i should show it off here :)

The Front

travisfront.jpg

The Back

travisback.jpg

And all it cost was the equivelent of about 15 euro : peace:

Aww dude. That's just awesome. Kudos to you and your T-Shirts. All I got is one with Link holding the TriForce from Alttp and Mario and Peach one saying "I scored with the Princess".

Damn you >_<

Cool shirt. Tell you the truth I kind of wish some of the t-shirts you can wear in-game were real. I want some of them.

Still sorely tempted to get this. It really looks like fun, and my type of game. What puts me off is so many diverse opinions on the game. People seem really divided on it. I think if it was a bit cheaper I might have bought it by now. It's a pity there's no Wii demos available so I could give it a try.

Ah well.

Still sorely tempted to get this. It really looks like fun, and my type of game. What puts me off is so many diverse opinions on the game. People seem really divided on it. I think if it was a bit cheaper I might have bought it by now. It's a pity there's no Wii demos available so I could give it a try.

Ah well.

The American version is 30$, around 20€ or 15£, without ports. That's if you have Freeloader or that Zelda trick.

^ Which site are you looking at? Play-asia?

I'll buy it for $30 - please.

i've decided to break this out again and try and start playing. I think i forgot about it after i killed Sinobu and then couldn't be bothered to do the jobs to get the money to do the next assassination.

Finally put my hands in my pockets for this game and got it off Play. It turned up the other day. I'd been pretty unsure about buying it, simply because I've read so many disparate opinions across the net. Just done the second boss.

So far, I am absolutely loving it!

It's clearly a love it or hate it game, one for the older gamer I reckon, who has an acute sense of self deprecation as a gamer and good sense of satire. But put aside the in-jokes and clever pokes at gaming culture, and you have a classic old school reaction/timing based arcade beat 'em up with some very satisfying controls. It's completely stupid (much like the "gamer" lead character, Travis) and great fun for it. It's a perfect fit for the Wii.

Any day I would rather have a game like this instead of the umpteen FPS games that you get on the other consoles. Really glad I took the gamble on it now. Excellent! :)

So far, I am absolutely loving it!

It's clearly a love it or hate it game, one for the older gamer I reckon, who has an acute sense of self deprecation as a gamer and good sense of satire. But put aside the in-jokes and clever pokes at gaming culture, and you have a classic old school reaction/timing based arcade beat 'em up with some very satisfying controls. It's completely stupid (much like the "gamer" lead character, Travis) and great fun for it. It's a perfect fit for the Wii.

Any day I would rather have a game like this instead of the umpteen FPS games that you get on the other consoles. Really glad I took the gamble on it now. Excellent! :)

I was abit surprised like you seem to be about how good the game is. I'm truly a non-fighter kind of girl when it comes to games and would much rather be playing mario or eledees, but this game is actually pretty witty.

The only thing that it reminds me of (I think I mentioned this to coolness bears at some point) is gta, but wii version, I got up to 8th place I think on assassins and then got bored. But I'm sure I'll pick it up again soon.

It's certainly easy to get bored in it, because Travis's life is so drab between the big fights. It's all about the chores he does to earn the money to compete, and that indeed can be testing on the patience! However, the overall humour and sense of fun in the battles make it well worth your time imho.

It's one of those Shenmue type games - I loved the Shenmue games, but had to put up with everyone telling me how boring they were. It was heartbreaking for me, but I guess that's just how some gamers are - it has to be constantly in your face or they don't care. I think that's the point they were trying to make here with Travis.

Excellent game. We need more of this on Wii.

Yeah, the city just lacked any kind of charm at all. I think I got to about 6th and then gave up on it. Combat was fun, it was all in good humour, but I just got bored of it unfortunately.

I picked this up this week for 17 pounds on Amazon. Up to the 8th and really enjoyng this. I like the controls and finishing moves with the sword and wrestling moves feel really satisfying. VGChartz are estimating 320,000 sales to date. I hope it keeps selling, I would love a sequel to be made with Motion plus as well. :yay:

This is a bargain £14.99 at game at the moment...I traded in Pro Evo 08 for it as I will be getting FIFA soon and got paid 1p for my troubles...

Major bump. I didn't want to create a new thread, especially when this was already established.

I bought this game a few days ago. Only just got around to playing it.

I've just finished the first section. Wow, this is fucking awesome. I'm getting the same sort of buzz that I had when I was playing Killer 7.

Travis is soooo cool. "Do it with me, just once!"

Yeah, the humour in this is awesome. Just wait until you face off against Letz Shake. Best part of the game :D

Is it just me, or is Heavenly Star reeeeally addictive? I played the video on the tv in Travis's living room, and I was just like...this is pretty awesome.

Can't wait to play more of this tonight.

I'm gonna pick this up again in the January sales. Have a hankering to play it again. Don't remember many of the bosses but that army, one legged woman one was a right pain in the backside to get done. Took me ages. As did Jean. Enjoyed the boss who was the woman wielding the baseball bat and she'd hunker down and either pretend to cry or actually and then nail you if you tried to attack when she was pretending.

Is it just me, or is Heavenly Star reeeeally addictive? I played the video on the tv in Travis's living room, and I was just like...this is pretty awesome.

Can't wait to play more of this tonight.

I've the mp3, I love it that much... i was gutted to find out the singer is a virtual person :(

Their second song ain't half bad either, "Breeze"