NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

I defeated Destroyman Yesterday! :D He was so much easier than Shinobu!

I then went searching for the lolikov balls and T-shirts! ^___^ I have a far few now! It is more fun on foot and i still enjoy the little jobs you have to do!

I then got to Holly Summers and died! I haven't tried again yet! :)

Just finished it!

Now I want that artwork from true ending credits as a wallpaper!

The last cutscenes were really amazing and funny.

After the pain and suffering of the fight against Shinobu, Destroyman was 'destroyed' first time.. and I have it saved before the Rank#6 battle..

Things are going well and I'm enjoying it :heh:

Heh, it was exactly the same for me. Shinobu still got me 1 or 2 times I think, when I tried again, but after some patience, I finally got her. Seems she is as much bothered by pillars as I am ;).

"]Glad I didn't have to kill her though!

:D I want her on my wallpaper!

Holly Summers was a bit annoying, but not that hard, took me 3 attempts I think. The cutscene at the end though, was the first time I thought "well that looks probably better in the bloody version..", so I'm going to check the comparison video of that one.

Destroyman was a joke, as in easy but funny as well :indeed:. His level was a mild challenge, was a bit worried for my health there, but got through it nevertheless. Destroyman itself, took some chunks out of my health while I was figuring out his pattern,

"]then I found out there was no need to learn his pattern, as you could simply stand behind the desk.. I feel a bit like a cheat now though ;). And I also wonder if you could damage / kill him by dropping that thing on him. Beat him at first attempt, so didn't get the chance to try it.

Anyway, then it was Letz Shake's turn.. Slightly disappointing level and fight ;).

"]And I really wanted to fight him.. He looked like a genuine maniac..

Then I thought it was enough for that day, and I played some Fire Emblem: Path of radiance.

Anyway, then it was Letz Shake's turn.. Slightly disappointing level and fight ;).

Yeah. That reminded me of that infamous Super Paper Mario chapter. Pointless.

Completed it today, (11 hours) and didn't really think much of this game. Can't understand why it has been rated so highly. Only thing I really enjoyed were the boss battles, which were all great, apart from the final one, which didn't have that wow-factor and was easy to defeat.

Anywhoo (as Travis would say), anybody know where I can download some of the tunes from this game? Pretty good stuff audio-wise.

Just finished the game with both endings, bloody loved it,

Ok some explain to me here, what was the whole "con" thing about with Slivia? I kinda get that she set it up so Travis could prepare for the fight with the person who killed his parents, but what ranks 10 to 2? Were they real assassins that Slivia tricked/paid to play along with the fake UAA Ranking thing or were they like Travis and being conned by Slivia too?

I loved the motorbike part of the level, could have been better but was a nice change. Just wish you could have used your beam katana while on he bike that would have been awesome

I enjoyed it, i went into it with the MK-II cuz i wanted to see the fake ending first (wish i had know that could just pick between them :heh:), was a bit hard but got it on my 3rd go once i got used to her patterns.

I was actually expecting Slivia to be the Rank 1 fight, i had a feeling the ending might play on clichés and thought that might have been it, so was a nice twist for it to be the person who killed his parents and his sister.

Loved how the game becomes so self aware in the cut scene too....even referencing "Duke Nukem Forever" was bloody awesome. But what the hell did Jeane say in the fast-forward bit, I couldn't keep up :heh:

I assume though that she was like his half-sister that his father had with another women and walked out on and that's why she killed Travis' parents? Is that right?

OK with the "fake" ending, how can SUDA51 expect to say that the "beam katana" was from anime like Gundam and not Star Wars? There's small Star Wars nods throughout the game then at the end and big nod towards Darth Vader and then the credit roll from the ending is lifted right from Star Wars, haha bloody awesome though...had me grinning anyway.

I was wondering what could happen in the real ending and was nice to have another fight, and I was just thinking too... hey what the hell happened to that Henry guy from before?

His fight was good too i thought, took a hell of a lot of hits too, took me 3 tries cuz i kept messing up and taking hits i should have dodged easily :heh:

Though the ending moment.... WHO THE HELL WON....I know they kinda imply they kill each other, but still i'd like to see that for sure instead of freeze frame before the moment.

Oh and the little Metal Gear Solid twist was funny, and loved how Henry was like "bet neither you or the player saw that coming"

So does anyone think they'll be a sequel... was bloody weird how Slivia pops in saying "there won't be a sequel" which is followed by a Back to the Future style "To be Continued".... jesus Suda, mess with our heads more why don't ya :heh:

Finally, what is up with the name "Jeane"? It's the name of Travis' cat, the rank 1 assassin/Travis sister, and the name of Slivia's daughter.... did the name have some significant role in the game that i missed or something?

I thought I may have finished this today, but I'm gonna leave it a while.. the fight for Rank#2 is frustrating me due to how long it takes to get her health down..

I was fighting with her there for about 25 minutes, batting the things back to her and hitting her whenever I could but after all that she still killed me so it was such a waste of time.. and I have to do it all again :hmm:

EDIT: I beat her the next time I tried (..but only just.. my health was down to 4% during the final stages of the battle, so one small mistake would have ended me). In a way, it was very thrilling being so close to death and having to fight flawlessly to survive and be victorious.. but if I had lost and had to sit through another half hour of it, I would not have been best pleased. It was a long fight.

The fight with Holly Summers was one of my best though.. not really because of the scenario or situation but the fact that I had a terrible start to the fight and was placed within a single hit of my life (long after I had collected the health pick-up) while she was on about 90%. Somehow, through patience and focus I managed to turn it around and win that fight. It felt SO good, though it did make me wonder how I had managed to lose so much health in the initial stages of the battle..

But what the hell did Jeane say in the fast-forward bit, I couldn't keep up :heh:

...slowed down to correct speed
:smile::

Though the ending moment.... WHO THE HELL WON....I know they kinda imply they kill each other, but still i'd like to see that for sure instead of freeze frame before the moment.

...it's a bit like the end of Rocky III
:heh::

fastfactsneiman2ss1.jpg

I'm just about to face Holly Summers on Bitter. It's been alright so far though, I even destroyed Shinobu without taking a single hit! :awesome:

But Holly's stage was annoying, all those goons with guns! :shakehead

When there's 2 or more of them shooting at you at the same time it gets pretty tricky, I hate how the cowards run away too.

Hoping to finish my Bitter play through by the end of the week, ready for PES 08!

I 'finished' this game this morning (well, I saw the Ending.. but I will go and see the Real Ending in it some time..)

While I enjoyed it, the last 2 Wii games I have finished have been Super Paper Mario and No More Heroes and, to be honest, I have felt a little disappointed in both. Perhaps I set my sights too high, but I just didn't think that either game reached its full potential :hmm:

Don't get me wrong, No More Heroes is a good game but I feel it could have been more..

My copy finally arrived from VGP today and I have spent a little bit of time with it.

This thing is completely insane , and I am loving it (I'm a big fan of Killer 7 so that explains it) , although it is far less polished than K7.

Made myself laugh during the last part of the tutorial because I just wasn't able to kill off the remaining opponents , then I suddenly realised that I had forgotten to charge the Katana *smacks head*.

Also done the first ranking match so I am now ranked 10th and slowly Santa Destroy is opening up , although I am still well behind you guys.

Early signs indicate that I am going to find this a very worthwhile purchase.

I'm at the same point as pig and absolutely loving it - it's got so much style. Love the action, the motion control really add to the experience. Love the retro feel to everything. And I'm sorry for the EU guys but the bloody version is incredible, it has so much style, especially in the balck and white mode!!! Loving this game! And I don't care that it looks like a N64 game!!

...slowed down to correct speed
:smile::

Ah cheers RedShell, that was awesome, kinda makes a little sense what she was saying before hand now too.

...it's a bit like the end of Rocky III :heh::

Ah, didn't think of that...maybe it was intentional?

fastfactsneiman2ss1.jpg

It might look like an N64 game, but that adds to the style.

its got the soul of an N64 game too, just that sense of stupid fun.

I'm currently on my second play though and loving it all so much more. I don't think it looks like an N64 game at all really, maybe in Santa Destroy but not in ranked missions and combat.

I had my first struggle last night.

Faced Shinobu and the first 5 or 6 times I got a serious beating , then strangely on my next attempt I obliterated her without hardly taking a hit.

Then went on to next fight and didn't manage to even get to Destroyman , because the gimps with the beam katanas near the end gave me a serious problem. I just put that down to tiredness as I did hammer this a bit yesterday so I will get back on that a bit later.

I can understand some of the complaints levelled at Santa Destroy but I still seem to find myself wandering those empty souless streets more than is healthy , at least I am finding a fair few t-shirts and balls.

Still loving this experience though.

Shinobu is a pain the first time rond, as for Destroyman, were you playing on Bitter? I had a problem reaching him on Bitter but not on Mild. He's definetly one of the best characters in the game.

And I don't care that it looks like a N64 game!!

If N64 could produce those graphics, I'd happily eat my cat. :wink:

Anyhoo, I'm still ranked 6th. Haven't been able to give it a lot of playtime recently due to my girlfriend being hooked on Guitar Hero 3, and ...errrr 'personal cultural enrichment'. *cough*StarWarsTheExhibition*cough*

Still, I might restart on Bitter. On the Sweet-setting, I found the ranking fights ridiculously easy.

I finished my Bitter play through last night, (well apart from beating [Sir Henry Motherfucker] that is, and he really is one on Bitter! :heh: It takes forever to even make a dent in his energy bar, will have another go today though.

But anyway, I found the remaining cards I was missing, so got them all in the end. :smile:

Ah, didn't think of that...maybe it was intentional?
Yeah I think so, adds a bit more suspense to the whole sequel thing too. :wink:

well, finnished it, all in all a good game. love the style and spirit of the game, felt the lack of blood was only a problem in cutscenses, and very few at that.

deffo one of the best wii games to date, tho not with out flaws. failing a job and having to go all the way back to the job shop seemed so stupid, give us a freakin button!

santa destroy was also dull, the motor bike really makes it hard to explore but being on foot takes ages.

some of the bosses were a bit poo, #3 was pretty annoyin, tho by and large a good bunch. #2s instant kill was cheap.

ok, some one asked why the name was used so much. as i understand, the cat jeane gets its name from an ex love of travis according to the manual any way. this leads me to belive that jeane\#1 used travis to get too his father, outside of the molestation appartment. the kid with silvia is named jeane in memory of the tragic sister. which leads me to belive its travis' kid, though i guess henry may have known jeane, and called her that. from the ending picture, and video before, id say that travis and henry deflect each outhers blows and continue an epic battle. though maybe the whole game is little jeane's day dream to go with the picture

ok, some one asked why the name was used so much. as i understand, the cat jeane gets its name from an ex love of travis according to the manual any way. this leads me to belive that jeane\#1 used travis to get too his father, outside of the molestation appartment. the kid with silvia is named jeane in memory of the tragic sister. which leads me to belive its travis' kid, though i guess henry may have known jeane, and called her that. from the ending picture, and video before, id say that travis and henry deflect each outhers blows and continue an epic battle. though maybe the whole game is little jeane's day dream to go with the picture

That would be one pretty fracked up day dream...and one very disturbed 9 year old (guessing at the age) kid, haha.

Yeah. That reminded me of that infamous Super Paper Mario chapter. Pointless.

Did that 5th ranked fight/non-fight last night as thought WTF was that , seems to be a bit of a cop-out.

Then made the mistake of spunking out cash for the upgraded Katana (which I still can't get used to) afterwards so had to spend ages running around doing various jobs just so I could afford the next fight.

i thought about it and i think #5 is actualy a clever move, you feel as frustrated by it as travis, kinda makes your role in the game feel deeper

Did that 5th ranked fight/non-fight last night as thought WTF was that , seems to be a bit of a cop-out.

Then made the mistake of spunking out cash for the upgraded Katana (which I still can't get used to) afterwards so had to spend ages running around doing various jobs just so I could afford the next fight.

[spoiler=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h3hu_uuqRQ

i thought about it and i think #5 is actualy a clever move, you feel as frustrated by it as travis, kinda makes your role in the game feel deeper

True, very true, but it's stuff like this, the missing boss, the desolate town ect that come across as just a bit lazy, yes I understand their part of the ploy of NMH but it all seems for the sake of a joke at times and it's the gamer whos loosing out.

Did the 4th and 3rd ranked matches last night.

Both were stylish but the 4th ranked boss was IMO the easiest I have faced so far , I never seemed in danger of losing my life at any point.

Really loved the 3rd ranked boss fight (once I had it figured) , a nice change of pace.