NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

Is it just me, or is Heavenly Star reeeeally addictive? I played the video on the tv in Travis's living room, and I was just like...this is pretty awesome.

Can't wait to play more of this tonight.

Long live Genki Rockets! Can't wait for them to release a new CD or single

I got this yesterday and I managed to squeeze an hour or two of play today. It's a very interesting game, very unique. Oddly I really like the art style, music and the voices. The style just seems to work really well. The fighting gameplay is fun, but pretty basic (this could be because I have it on easy setting and because I'm not very far). The HUD has some nice old school 8bit touches that I like, though the minimap kind of suffers.

So far I have two gripes, firstly I find the shadows a bit too much at times, sometimes it's pretty dark to see stuff. This could be down to the awful tv I was using.

Second is the bike is a bit crap to control, I really don't like the turning and the button use. It just doesn't work for me.

Hopefully I can find the time to complete the game, I definitely think its one of the better Wii games available. But so is Galaxy and I never got round to finishing that.

I haven't played as much of this as I would like, but my placement is finishing soon, so there will be time!

But, I'd like to say that the lack of blood really isn't THAT huge an issue as I originally thought it was going to be. In Killer7, it probably suited it more. In this game, it's fine the way it is. Actually, looks awesome the way it is.

I just hope it doesn't get repetitive. So far, there hasn't been as huge an emphasis on the story as there was in Killer7, and that helped stop the game becoming a chore. So far, the action is fun, and I just hope it stays that way.

I played this for about 3 hours earlier. I dunno where the time went, it just flew by.

Really fucking loving it. I thought the combat would feel repetitive by now, but it's really awesome. I've been exploring a little, like collecting those balls to give to that drunk guy.

Completed some jobs, and was told I had enough money to give in the ATM machine. On the way, I stopped at Area51 and got too many new clothes. Which meant I spent another half hour running more jobs to get some money into my pockets.

Also, much love for Holly Summers and...DESTROOOOOOOYMan.

DEEEESTROOOOY BEAM!

I've said it before, but just wait until you face off with Letz Shake.

I nearly had an aneurysm purely due to the weirdness.

Finally caved in. I've just reserved this for collection at my local Curry's store for £9.97.

Done the first 2 bosses & a few side quests. What a class, original game. Still wish they had kept the blood in it though.

Done the first 2 bosses & a few side quests. What a class, original game. Still wish they had kept the blood in it though.

I have blood!!! : peace:

picked this up a few days ago from currys for 9.97 and im lovin it, very unique and alot fo fun to play. Am I wrong or was a sequel for the wii anounced?

picked this up a few days ago from currys for 9.97 and im lovin it, very unique and alot fo fun to play. Am I wrong or was a sequel for the wii anounced?

A Sequel has been announced, yes. Desperate Struggle.

I have blood!!! : peace:

We all have blood.:indeed:

I too have a bloody version of the game though, perks of living in the US I suppose.

I too have a bloody version of the game though, perks of living in the US I suppose.
No, the perks of importing

I have the bloody version too :D

I.. don't :heh: My version is blood free.. but it was still fantastic to play through :smile:

I will definitely go back to play through it again, perhaps even this year.. I feel I went through the game far too quickly first time around :hmm: It was out a week or two before Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 came out so I kinda wanted to get through it before I would dedicate my evenings to late night Pro Evo online..

For that price in Currys, it's unmissable : peace:

I neeeeed to get back into this game. :D

I only ever got up to Holly Summers! Damn her rockets and my lack at any skills. Thing is I normally play on the easiest setting as I fail but I accidently selected the middle difficulty and so it is more challenging to me!

I may give a whirl this weekend! :)

No, the perks of importing

The perks of...Both?

I followed a recent Lets Play of this on Something Awful. Some watchers were convinced to go buy it, others were sad that they sold or never had a Wii. Plus the ending got a lot of "WTF" from people. They also seem to think everything needs a logical explanation. So there are page long discussions of theories on wheter Travis is crazy or, soandso imagined it.

No More Cel-Shading Heroes!

From GameFaqs:

So a friend and I are working to port the models from No More Heroes into GarrysMod (a modification of HL2 that allows you to import source compatible models and pose them to your liking - or create things with the various props and tools that are available) and we ran across a stunning discovery: The models actually look really REALLY nice without the cell shading.

badgirlnoneditbf2.jpg

Now, don't get me wrong - the cell shading is part of the experience that makes NMH look so awesome and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I was outright amazed when he sent me the beta of BadGirl for initial testing. It really makes me wonder what the game would've looked like if the cell shading had been skipped completely (as all this is, is a model port without applying the cell shading filter as a specular or normal map). So, I figured that I'd just drop off this promo image here of the beta port as an example of what we're working with, and if any other characters make it to the beta stage of the porting process, I'll be sure to leave more screenshots (we're currently planning on BadGirl, Sylvia (not sure which version we're porting though) and Travis for sure - as it all depends on how long it takes to get these ports working).

NOTE: for those wondering, yes this image was edited in Photoshop - but the textures on the model were NOT modified whatsoever. This is only a "lighting and color tone" rework, nothing more (read: I don't have the time NOR skill to create a realistic looking fake for something like this, so please don't even go there).

I've said it before, but just wait until you face off with Letz Shake.

I nearly had an aneurysm purely due to the weirdness.

I've had a bit of time, so just got up to this point...what the fuck.

The Boss Fight That Never Was...

Seriously, Henry? I'm guessing he's the Number One Assassin? Or, the French Chick's Old Boyfriend?

I've had a bit of time, so just got up to this point...what the fuck.

The Boss Fight That Never Was...

Seriously, Henry? I'm guessing he's the Number One Assassin? Or, the French Chick's Old Boyfriend?

Guess again.

Well, I was only predicting. I don't actually want to know the actual information! :heh:

Gonna play some more of this in just a bit. Can't wait, pumped. Love this game.

Well, I was only predicting. I don't actually want to know the actual information! :heh:

Gonna play some more of this in just a bit. Can't wait, pumped. Love this game.

Which is why I said guess again as opposed to saying how close you were or weren't.

Wish I'd never traded this in:(

Which is why I said guess again as opposed to saying how close you were or weren't.

Wish I'd never traded this in:(

Ah yes, I knew that. *looks shifty*

Get eet back. It's a quality game. 15 quid from Game is all it cost me!