NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

You start the game with sweet (Easy) and Mild (Medium). After finishing the game you unlock bitter (Hard).

But when you start a new game after completing it once you start with all your upgrades and stash. Currently breezing through the Hard mode. Shinobu was still a challenge but I took her on the second try, and I'm sure the 2ranked boss is gonna kick my ass as he/she/it was the hardest boss IMO.

Why is it that the final boss never lives up to expectations?

You'd be surprised, the effect in the PAL version really ties in well with the whole old school / 8-Bit thing. Anyway, it definitely doesn't make or break the game either way. The story and addictive game play is intact in both versions, and that's what counts in my book.

Agreed! The pixel thing really fit the retro aspect of the game and the blood fit the hyper-violent aspect. Both are good IMO.

Anyway, thsi game is amazing! The encounter with Dr Peace is just one of the funniest gaming moment I ever had. I really want to see what's next.

You'd be surprised, the effect in the PAL version really ties in well with the whole old school / 8-Bit thing.

Couldn't agree more!

Yes, scroll down this thread, and you'll see that I wasn't going to buy this game on these terms, but well...

I found a copy after all, and I must admid that the lack of blood doesn't bother me one bit (Har har! geddit, geddit? ... *sigh*), even though I've seen the uncensored version many times over. I'd still prefer the blood, but the pixels do have a more... powerful feel to it. Like RedShell said, it suits the game very well.

I was a fool when I said I wasn't going to buy this game. A fool indeed.

I found a copy after all, and I must admid that the lack of blood doesn't bother me one bit (Har har! geddit, geddit? ... *sigh*)

Nope. No I don't.

Why is it that the final boss never lives up to expectations?

The final boss was good. And the things that lead up to the final boss was hilarious.

Couldn't agree more!

I found a copy after all, and I must admid that the lack of blood doesn't bother me one bit

I won the PAL version. And when playing it it doesn't bother me at all. Still an awesome game. But in the cut scenes / boss deaths etc, the lack of blood is really disappointing. Gonna make a good Blood vs no blood movie later ;)

I loved how dark mode was in black&white and bloody RED.

So before I pick the game up tomorrow in town, just wondering does the lack of blood really take much away from the game? Might just get the American version with the Freeloader and Brawl next week if I can find a good price.

I want the blood, so US version for me (but ive got smash to play fr ages yet and MK ranks a bit above)

Im worried about this still though cause reviews are generally poor.

Well just had a good play session after getting home, love it, the lack of blood i'm not finding too bad cuz i'm havin a good time playing.

Only thing i don't like much is the city map, so bland and unappealing, and what's with the "pop ups" surely they could have done much better with the Wii, the city looks like its from an N64 game. (incidently, spotted an N64 on the self next to the fridge in Travis' room)

But the main part of the game just rocks so much, love Travis' attitude, voice acting is awesome, love the "super" modes, especially the one for 3 grasshoppers and Travis looks like he goes Super Saijan, haha.

Reminds me so much of Killer 7 too (kinda want to reply that now too).

Started on Mild difficulty, wasn't finding it too hard until i got to the 3rd Assassin, Shinobu, she killed me like 5 times i think, man i loved it when i killed her.

Question, what is that music vid you can play on the TV, man I didn't expect that and it was oddly cool too, is it a real band and is there more vids to unlock? I ust bought the first vid from the video shop but Travis just watches it and learns a new wrestle move without showing me anything :heh:

I've also decked him out in some new clothes, switched to the "Ninja Killer" t-shirt, bought the black sunglasses, black jacket, black jeans and white belt (guess what my fav colour is)

Can't wait to play more, but i'm going to visit a cousin for the weekend....but he has a Wii too, guess i'll just bring the game with and show it off, haha

I loved how dark mode was in black&white and bloody RED.

That's awesome! It looks so stylish when that happens.

I've had this game for ages and I just have to ask...is there a way to make up for the trading cards you DIDN'T take during the boss battles? I missed two "legendary wrestler" ones and I can't find them since I've already beaten the game and I've already begun collecting the "second" round of cards (the behind-the-scenes cards).

It just makes me wonder why they bothered filling up the game with the "legendary wrestler" cards in the first place. What purpose do these cards serve in particular? They're boring.

It isn't the lack of blood that affects me, but the lack of sawing people in half.

Question, what is that music vid you can play on the TV, man I didn't expect that and it was oddly cool too, is it a real band and is there more vids to unlock?

There are more vidoes to unlock, but they only teach you wrestling moves.

You will unlock some additional tv fun tough :)

The music video is by Genki rockets. And look at this wikipedia info :

Genki Rockets (元気ロケッツ, Genki Rockets?) is a hybrid band made up of unnamed musical artists. The face of the group is a fictional character named Lumi, an 18-year old girl who was born in space on September 11 2037 and has never been to Earth. Lumi's voice is synthesized by taking samples from several different female singers.

Wow... awesome. I really like the song :)

So before I pick the game up tomorrow in town, just wondering does the lack of blood really take much away from the game? .

Dosn't really take anything away from the gameplay and overall fun. But the bloody version is better. No more sawing people in half as Hellfire said. you won't even see Travis holding half a lady.

I've had this game for ages and I just have to ask...is there a way to make up for the trading cards you DIDN'T take during the boss battles?

When playing on your completed file it looks like you can collect the cards you missed previously. I'm not so sure though. Dosn't look like I'm missing any so far. I have unlocked some really cool travis art, to bad I can't transfer it to my pc.

]

Me too. I have to bought this game one day since I borrow it from a friend.

I also love the little easter egg in the the names of techniques learned by the drunken guy. Each one fits an assassin of Killer 7 (I only can't see why Garcian is associated with "three"...:confused: ).

Play.com order posted on Wednesday night.. and the post has been and gone today with still no sign of it, meaning I have to wait until Monday at least :hmm:

This better not happen with PES 2008 too..

But in the cut scenes / boss deaths etc, the lack of blood is really disappointing. Gonna make a good Blood vs no blood movie later ;)

Dosn't really take anything away from the gameplay and overall fun. But the bloody version is better. No more sawing people in half as Hellfire said. you won't even see Travis holding half a lady.

Yeah but all of the original cut scenes can be seen online anyway, and like you say it has no effect on the game play, which is identical in both versions.

How's the blood vs no blood vid coming along though, would be cool if you could get a side by side comparison that's really well synced up.

Started on Mild difficulty, wasn't finding it too hard until i got to the 3rd Assassin, Shinobu, she killed me like 5 times i think, man i loved it when i killed her.
Yep, Shinobu was very annoying.

I beat Destroyman last night, another tricky one. His spark move had a habit of just catching me as I tried to dodge it!

:shakehead I found it really difficult to make him dizzy too for the wrestling moves.

Really liked the level leading up to him though, the part on the train was very cool indeed.

The funny thing is, this game actually reminds me more of Zelda than Killer 7. :heh:

The treasure chests, the life gauge expansion after every boss battle, Z-locking on to targets, the way Travis charges up the low beam attack, calling for your bike with a mobile...

Seems to take a lot of inspiration from OOT.

Play.com order posted on Wednesday night.. and the post has been and gone today with still no sign of it, meaning I have to wait until Monday at least :hmm:

Same ere Nando.

At least you know you're not alone.

How's the blood vs no blood vid coming along though, would be cool if you could get a side by side comparison that's really well synced up.

I haven't been home lately >_<. Gonna try making the video on Sunday.

I will Compare some cutscens. Some bosses, basic killing and DARK mode.

I buy A LOT from play.com but If I wanted anything quickly I would NEVER buy from them. I ordered my pro evo from game for this very reason!!

I've decided on getting the US version of this; I want to buy UK games, and I'm sure the lack of blood isn't a big problem, but by all accounts the OTT gore version IS better and that is good enough for me. And the US version only cost £25!!

Me too. I have to bought this game one day since I borrow it from a friend.

I also love the little easter egg in the the names of techniques learned by the drunken guy. Each one fits an assassin of Killer 7 (I only can't see why Garcian is associated with "three"...:confused: ).

Garcian had a third eye that opened? When you open the safe in that school, the third eye starts to open, as it starts bleeding.

Then, on the rooftop above that hotel, you shoot a younger version of him in his third eye.

I think that's it.

I fucking love this game, I'm now ranked fifth.

I was dissappointed that there was no boss fight for rank five, but that was outweighed by the totally awesome introduction of this "Sir Henry Motherfucker". I wonder who he is. There's an actual story starting to develop somehow.

I totally loved Holly Summers too, she had a really sad ending cutscene. I like how Travis actually had emotions in that one, and not acted like a dick for a change (a totally cool dick though).

I fucking love this game, I'm now ranked fifth.

I was dissappointed that there was no boss fight for rank five, but that was outweighed by the totally awesome introduction of this "Sir Henry Motherfucker". I wonder who he is. There's an actual story starting to develop somehow.

I totally loved Holly Summers too, she had a really sad ending cutscene. I like how Travis actually had emotions in that one, and not acted like a dick for a change (a totally cool dick though).

Henry is actually Travis' long-lost "twin" brother. If you remember correctly Henry said "Your memory serves you well" and was about to reveal to him who he really was until Travis started calling him names. I still don't get why Henry wants to kill Travis though.

Finished the game today. Fun game that pretty much sticks twos up at video games and stories in generals. It's a game that loves to make fun! :D

So i am now rank 5 and although the game is pretty cool the combat to me gets pretty boring as its all the same shit, the story is completely bonkers and i loved the herny mother fucker part hahaha i can tell after completing this i have no reason to keep it, i suppose it will be a good game to trade in for mario kart.

Lastly one question those free battles with the one hit kills is there any point in completing them as they are starting to get extremley annoying.

And as for the bosses after an attempt or 2 you learn the pattern and understand when to hit and when you cant shinobu was the most challenging up to this point so far.

What exactly is the difference between the EU and US versions of this game?

Is it just gore? Any vids showing the difference?

I need to decide which one to get, price is a non-issue as i can get both versions for £25 each.