NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

Crap just realised i missed a trading card (#20), can you reply levels to find stuff you missed?
I'm missing one too, can't remember which number though. :hmm:

Hopefully you can still pick them up on the second play through.

Anyway, I'm just about to take on Assassin number 2. Been spending quite a lot of time exploring the city / doing missions / powering up Travis. Got all of the Lovikov balls and hidden cash now, not sure about t-shirts though. And I also purchased the final beam katana / parts. Expensive, but man that thing rocks!...

Love the stylish moves Travis does with this sword, sooo damn cool. Unfortunately though, showing off seems to leave you more open to counter attacks, but the fact it retains energy so well makes up for it. Means you can basically take out every enemy on screen with continual charge attacks. :awesome:

Made a couple of NMH Miis yesterday too, uploaded them to the Contest Channel.

Here are the codes if anyone wants to check em' out:

Travis:

4629-6432-2018

Sylvia:

2734-6539-7098

I'm sure Travis would be up for a bit of Wii Sports Baseball. :laughing:

Is it me or does this game have far too many jaggies?

Its a 'rough' looking game to be honest. It seems to be for an artist reason, rather than a technical one.

OK just finished Rank 4......

OK where the hell did that little arcade game come from? Talk about unexpected, man that was fracking awesome as frack

Completed this last night. Mild difficulty, 17 hours dead on.

I found the final few boss fights a bit too easy though with the help of the kick ass Tsubaki Mk-III. Only Bad Girl managed to kill me once, and that was just because I got caught by her fake crying / instant kill move.

:heh:

Loved the ending(s), was laughing for a seriously long time after the scene where Travis gets jumped while taking a dump! :laughing: Absolute genius.

Looking forward to bitter difficulty now, but gonna blast through it on sweet mode first though to see what that's like and to pick up the card I missed.

I'm rather shocked. I have seen...adverts for this game!

On the telly! In hours of daylight! I mean...they actually advertised this game.

Thank buggery for that.

I'm torn over what to do. I really can't be arsed importing, but I want the 'best' version of this game. Is the blood really that much of an issue anymore? Hmm.

On the telly! In hours of daylight! I mean...they actually advertised this game.

Thank buggery for that.

I'm torn over what to do. I really can't be arsed importing, but I want the 'best' version of this game. Is the blood really that much of an issue anymore? Hmm.

I really don't mind not having the blood. But if I'd play the bloody version I probably wouldn't be able to go back to the censored version.

I'm not being much of a help, am I?

If/When I get this I'll buy the import version. Because I'm worth it.

Thank buggery for that.

I don't find the lack of blood a main issue....just for cut scenes at the end of boss battles, it would have been nice. And also there's a special mode you can go into where things go black and white, in the US version the blood is still red, which looks so stylish, but of course we don't get that.

But other than that, during the main game the lack of blood is a non-issue for me, as the game is just awesome

Oh and what channel you see the ad on, whats it like?

Trust me, after a few minutes playing the PAL version you'll have forgotten all about the blood. It's purely cosmetic after all, and has absolutely no impact on everything else that makes the game so great.

Seriously, no one should avoid this game over such a trivial thing.

Oh and what channel you see the ad on, whats it like?

I've just finished my second play through. Only took around 3 hours, sweet mode sure is easy! :hehe:

Made me think though that this would be quite a cool game to speed run.

Anyway, now it's time for bitter mode! :awesome:

hhhmmm...that add is actually not half bad....and prolly a good thing they show nothing of the city sections in it.

Although i've found the city sections are more fun on foot, easier to get caught up looking for treasure, balls and dumpsters on foot than on the bike

Trust me, after a few minutes playing the PAL version you'll have forgotten all about the blood. It's purely cosmetic after all, and has absolutely no impact on everything else that makes the game so great.

Seriously, no one should avoid this game over such a trivial thing.

Hear him! Hear him!

He couldn't hit the nail more on the head. I originally wasn't going to buy this because of the blood, but couldn't be bothered to import this. I bought the PAL-version, and while you pay special notice to the lack of blood the first minutes, it's something you forget about once you start playing.

So you shouldn't let this game slip buy just because of the lack of blood in the PAL-version. This game deserves better than that.

Anyhoo, we all know what the differences are visually, but what of the gameplay-changes? Suda51 claimed that the Pixel-version plays better and smoother than the Blood-version. I even read that Rising Star fixed some bugs in the boss-battles.

Can anyone with the two version at hand comment on that? Is there a difference besides the blood?

That's a good advert! :D

I'm pleased to see this game is being advertised it deserves to get lots of sales!

Anyhoo, we all know what the differences are visually, but what of the gameplay-changes? Suda51 claimed that the Pixel-version plays better and smoother than the Blood-version. I even read that Rising Star fixed some bugs in the boss-battles.

Can anyone with the two version at hand comment on that? Is there a difference besides the blood?

I think i read somewhere that the US version doesn't have the Genki Rockets music video on Travis' TV

This is crap compared to GTA, it tries hard to outdo it but fails in every department.

joke

Got this game (now still Fire Emblem to buy), and I'm loving it (well like I though I would ;)). Travis is such an asshole though :D. Not a problem in general (obviously), but I wish he (well, I) didn't have to kill the third boss (Shinobi was it or something?) She's sexy and stylish, heh. Anyone know where I can find some artwork of her? Anyway, I'm getting my arse kicked by her at the moment. I didn't have any problems with the first 2 bosses, but with her I keep walking into pillars or walls at which point she nails me with her multiple hitting moves, which usually kills me instantly (looks very cool though).. I think I'm going to do the tutorial some more, I still haven't got all the techniques under control I guess. Can't do those free fights too. I agree, the overworld could use some polish, but I'm really not that bothered with it. After boss 2, it's obvious you'll unlock plenty stuff to do. Love jumping off that ramp at the beach by the way :D. Shortcut to your motel basically ;).

Anyway, I'll do the tutorial again later like I said, and make some other attempts at beating the third boss.

..Shinobu has just beaten me for a 5th time :hmm:

I have gotten her down to practically the end of her life on 3 occasions but I keep messing up a dodge at the vital stage and she does her multiple attack on me which finishes me even though I have loads of life left..

I have been enjoying the game, though this fight is starting to anger me.. I just want to get past it now!

EDIT: ..ok.. it's 8 times now, and I'm becoming furious :hmm: I am going to try it once more now..

She was on her last legs and I was on full health (so survived one of her big attacks..) but she got me with another one..

I'm going to enjoy putting the final nail in her coffin :mad:

EDIT 2: ..and with that, Rank#8 is mine..

What frustrated me most was the fact that it really wasn't a difficult fight (just one where you had to be patient) but she managed to keep killing me the exact same way every time and I either dodged at the wrong time or dodged into a post :hmm:

..thankfully I can move on now :yay:

This is crap compared to GTA, it tries hard to outdo it but fails in every department.

I don't think it's even remotely fair to compare those two. The only similarity between those two games is an open world that can be traveled with a vehicle, and that's about it. The city even has a different function. In NMH, it's more of an elaborate menu, whereas it's much more significant in GTA. It are two completely different games, and at no point Suda51 tried to "outdo GTA".

It's like comparing Mario Kart to Gran Turismo. Both great games, both completely different.

Why compare this to GTA? Just because you have a little freeroaming. It's not even the same style of game.

After the pain and suffering of the fight against Shinobu, Destroyman was 'destroyed' first time.. and I have it saved before the Rank#6 battle..

Things are going well and I'm enjoying it :heh:

joke

Do you just like to stir things? How about actually discussing a game rather than provoking reactions with 'jokes' every goddamned day?

Rank#5 and still enjoying it.. getting towards 8 hours now but it will be off until tomorrow night as I have other things to do :heh:

Super Paper Mario was the last game I completed just before starting this and, to be honest, there isn't really any contest as to which one I have been having more fun with..

Super Travis Touchdown...

I have read through a lot of peoples views and all I can say is told you so about the blood! Knew it wouldnt bother people. I acutally havn't picked this up yet as just got my PS3 so have too much to play as it is...will get it at some point as I do really love the look of it.

It doesn't "bother" people, per say. It's just a small "meh, I wish it had it" sort of feeling.