N-Europe

Wii Sales Figures

realsubzero

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The percentage is how many people has voted that console will win the next gen war. It appears after you click your choice.

Also: Yeah, Sony have cocked up. Nintendo have nearly 2 million Wiis out worldwide for the respective area's launches, whereas Sony seem to have 260,000 PS3s out for two of the areas combined. This is pretty weak. I mean, it's Sony we're talking about here.

I'm sure Microsoft had more systems ready for launch, didn't they?

don't think they did and even if they did look how many have gone back faulty done the year.

the nexgenwars figures seem odd, Wii is winning by miles, I would have expected it to be closer than this.

don't think they did and even if they did look how many have gone back faulty done the year.

the nexgenwars figures seem odd, Wii is winning by miles, I would have expected it to be closer than this.

Nintendo did have more Wii stock than Sony had PS3 stock. Also im now convinced that Nintendo did ship more than 400,000 units to the US and Canada on launch day. 600,000 seems much more believable right now.

Nintendo did have more Wii stock than Sony had PS3 stock. Also im now convinced that Nintendo did ship more than 400,000 units to the US and Canada on launch day. 600,000 seems much more believable right now.

sorry i didnt explain myself properly then, wot you says makes sense yeah. wot I actually meant is when you can click on it and it shows precentage vote of what people think will win console wars Wii at 53%, PS3 at 17.9% and 360 at 29.1% guessing these have been voted for at some point?!

Firstly the site is merely guessing. These are not official numbers.

Secondly, The Wii was able to manufacure a large number of units firstly, because they were prepared for an xmas 06 launch, and secondly, its cheap hardware to manufacture that is also very old.

The PS3 had to manufacture many new components. Also they were forced to rush out to compete.

This is just how business works, and there is nothing "disgraceful" about it.

Firstly the site is merely guessing. These are not official numbers.

Secondly, The Wii was able to manufacure a large number of units firstly, because they were prepared for an xmas 06 launch, and secondly, its cheap hardware to manufacture that is also very old.

The PS3 had to manufacture many new components. Also they were forced to rush out to compete.

That's no excuse. As a consumer I don't care if they have a harder time manufacturing it as long as they do it, and do it right.

Those Wii figures are gonna shoot up in Dec.

I believe it was Reggie that said that Sony's problems are they're own fault...or something along those lines.

Sony have had years to sort most stuff out y'know. They're just getting too cocky.

Lets not forget PS2s teething problems either, and PSPs :heh: Of course, they weren't to do with Sony's own fault for not testing products properly ey? :indeed:

Sony have had years to sort most stuff out y'know. They're just getting too cocky.

just like nintendo did after NES and SNES? maybe not tho, don't think they were as arrogant tho. i don't think Sony will become the first company to be market leader to lead for 3 generations....

just like nintendo did after NES and SNES? maybe not tho, don't think they were as arrogant tho. i don't think Sony will become the first company to be market leader to lead for 3 generations....

Nintendo were moreso, it happens to them all. Microsoft will take this round, and will fall again in another 2 gens.

With all these quotes of figures flying around it is important to remember that as right now Sony would be able to sell as many consoles as it could make as far as the ps3 goes, any comparison of launch numbers are quite literally just a measure of which manufacturer could make the most units.

In six months time i will be suprises if the situation looks anything like it does now.

(I really do hope that the wii destroys the ps3, not much would make me happier than to see sony go out of business and have to pay for all the lies they have told and all the merciless sueings they have dished out, sony is such an immoral company i wouldn't put anything past them)

699,464! Lets watch it tip over the 700,000 mark! lol.

Hmm...so if the site isn't real time...I mean I doubt it has a connection to every single retailer in America....I wonder why I updates so often...maybe some lil kid is sitting there editing it manually every 5 mins lol!

Edit: I'm refering to that next gen wars site by the way.

Amazon.com top sellers list for Wii:

1. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz—Sega

2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess—Nintendo

3. Rayman Raving Rabbids—Ubisoft

4. Red Steel—Ubisoft

5. Trauma Center: Second Opinion—Atlus USA

6. Madden NFL 07—EA

7. Excite Truck—Nintendo

8. Call of Duty 3—Activision

9. Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam—Activision

10. Need for Speed Carbon—EA

I think Sony was arrogant with PS2, but they've been so ridiculously over arroagnt with the PS3 it's almost unreal. The blu-ray thing could be a huge downfall for them. After Beta, mini disc and UMD you'd think they'd have leaned lol

I think Sony was arrogant with PS2, but they've been so ridiculously over arroagnt with the PS3 it's almost unreal. The blu-ray thing could be a huge downfall for them. After Beta, mini disc and UMD you'd think they'd have leaned lol

yeah true, I think blu-ray is the betamax of the market, they should have struck the alleged deal with HD DVD producers instead, 2 formats cannot and will not exist at the same time.

yeah true, I think blu-ray is the betamax of the market, they should have struck the alleged deal with HD DVD producers instead, 2 formats cannot and will not exist at the same time.

Very true, all this about talk of 'consumer choice' is nonsense. People want to be able to walk into a shop and buy an HD DVD player/recorder without fear that it won't be able to play certain disks or that it might not see all releases on that format. I think we'll soon see which format is the most popular as within 6-12 months one format will have a far larger catalogue of releases, and I'm betting on HD DVD.

Very true, all this about talk of 'consumer choice' is nonsense. People want to be able to walk into a shop and buy an HD DVD player/recorder without fear that it won't be able to play certain disks or that it might not see all releases on that format. I think we'll soon see which format is the most popular as within 6-12 months one format will have a far larger catalogue of releases, and I'm betting on HD DVD.

I bet on HD DVD too just because anyone can tell that a HD DVD player is gonna work with there HDTV just because of the name... where as Blu-ray could confuse some.

I bet on HD DVD too just because anyone can tell that a HD DVD player is gonna work with there HDTV just because of the name... where as Blu-ray could confuse some.

Exactly what i believe!

Everything you hear about is HD this or HD that, so most people who do not really know about technology already know about HD and as you say they will be sure that it works with their tv