N-Europe

Wii games that might not be all that!

mcj metroid

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everything from Ubisoft, EA and THQ and that Tony Hawks game.

AAA titles for the win.

To be honest, I've got incredible faith in Ubisoft concerning the Wii. They've really shown to puit some times in it. Okay, the ports might not be worth a look (GT Pro series can't be that good, can it?), but Red Steel as well as Rayman: Raving Rabbids have both shown that Ubi is certainly trying to be the number one developer on the console. They believe in Wii like EA believes in PS3 (with thirty titles in development...). EA is another topic, though, because EA games can be average to mediocore, but they're never réally bad. THQ, I don't trust the guys to be honest. But they're showing some nice games and it's not looking up to be bad. Personally, I have faith that every developers at least will try to innovate. The innovation will keep going as long as developers can think of original ideas before other developers. If that's over, Wii will become a normal, settled-in console with defined controls for every genre. Like it all the others now.

On topic, though: I wouldn't give my hand for films converted into games - no Cars, Barnyard or Open Season for me. I don't really have enough faith in Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Touched! really dissapointed me, being short and all). I think Disaster: Day of Crisis and Project H.A.M.M.E.R. will be great games in their own way.

Why is everyone saying (except solitanze) that Red Steel will flop? It's a mature game and got 90% in n-gamer. I think its gunna be a big seller!

On the other hand I think the crappy imported games from ubisoft will flop.

What are we classing as a 'flop'? Not selling much, or a bad review?

Both really. But we can be assured in regards to sales Twilight Princess will sell the most. I reckon this game is capable of being the greatest selling Zelda game in the series to date. Ocarina of Time didn't do that well with sales, it only sold about 8 million copies.

I think Fire Emblem might not work out well. It'll sell decently because of its quality and the fact that it's a Nintendo title, but come on, they can do better than the VC setup.

Even if the Wiimote can't do the exact precision of selecting areas, you can use it for global positioning of the cursor and then finetune with the D-pad...

Jasper I was just parodying a fanboy..

THQ make some shitty games, but kids love them so they'll sell through the roof

EA you're right are never bad (except n-gage, mobile phone and GBA games)

and Ubisoft are showing a lot of new ideas as you mention.. personally I think Rayman is more mini game fun than anything (in a crowded market place)

I'm out of the loop with these developpers.. but I've played Burnouts, Broken Sword, SSX and the Sims in my day.

They are a contribution that will sell but afaic they're a game that is not all that to me anymore.

Console eco system.. got to have one to have the other I suppose.

I think Fire Emblem might not work out well. It'll sell decently because of its quality and the fact that it's a Nintendo title, but come on, they can do better than the VC setup.

Even if the Wiimote can't do the exact precision of selecting areas, you can use it for global positioning of the cursor and then finetune with the D-pad...

If Fire Emblem is anything liek the Gamecube one it'll be ace! But please Nintendo, if you're listening - release it in a year or so when you've managed to put in proper cutscenes and not just reams of text!

If Fire Emblem is anything liek the Gamecube one it'll be ace! But please Nintendo, if you're listening - release it in a year or so when you've managed to put in proper cutscenes and not just reams of text!

I don't know man, Fire Emblem has always been in text, and I wouldn't want to risk having awful american voice acting in the cut-scenes. And Fire Emblem, as long as it retains exactly the same system, will always be a great game.

I reckon red steel will be good, and I reckon call of duty will surprise us. FarCry will be crap, unfortunatly.

It just has all the tellings of a lasy port, with minimal time spent working on the controls. Add this to the fact that we haven't seen any videos (to my knowledge). I've just got a bad feeling about it. Who knows I may be wrong. I never picked it up on the XBox so i'd love it if this were good.

I know, Path of Radiance was great (I don't have it but I know someone who does), but it's kind of lame Nintendo needs the VC controller for it. No motion sensing is used, and even the D-pad + 1 + 2 should already be enough for Fire Emblem.

But the gaùe is only early in development and probably they had to find a way to control the demo, even though their control sheme is not finished yet. I bet they're including the motion-sensing soon enough. That's what the guys over at IGn think, and I can't say they don't make a point...

I think from a review stand point, Wii Sports will flop, it will just be too simple to the verteran game journalists, expect scores of around 6/10, [REFER to MATTs Comments in his IGN blog] but from a non gamer stand point and people that just want short bursts of fun, to the public, it will be a success.

Red Steel won't flop as a game, but will be heavily penalised by veteran gamers that will prefer traditional control over the new control scheme, but again, the masses will enjoy.

Necro Nesisa will FLOP guaranteed...

Well, then this is ALSO from a review stand point. It was extremely fun and because of the multiplayer it will last alot longer than most other games. Out of the 4 games I've played on the Wii, Wii sports is proably the one I found funniest (because of the multiplayer). And that is competing against Trauma Center, Wario Ware and Zelda.

But single player it won't stand a chance against Zelda, Trauma and Wario :smile:

mario party will be miles better if they got rid of the board game system.i played every game and its crap in every game

Awww, i love the board system. It's what makes mario party that bit more special. Makes it more competitive. :)

Hmm, this is really difficult. I have to say Zelda, purely because it could be the greatest game ever made, yet many of us will find reasons to not like it. "it doesn't live up to the years of hype" or something or other.

Awww, i love the board system. It's what makes mario party that bit more special. Makes it more competitive. :)

Hmm, this is really difficult. I have to say Zelda, purely because it could be the greatest game ever made, yet many of us will find reasons to not like it. "it doesn't live up to the years of hype" or something or other.

I think Zelda will be one of the fwe games to ever live up to this level of hype. One thing I'm pretty sure of!

I think Zelda will be one of the few games to ever live up to this level of hype. One thing I'm pretty sure of!

I agree with Zech on this. Many will spoil the game for themselves purely by entering topics and such when the game is released while others will probably just nit pick about stupid things.

Red Steel, Just your average first-person shooter with control problems. Sword play is gimmicky

Why do you consider the sword play gimmicky? Am I to assume from this that no game could ever have sword play in the whole of the Wii's life, because it's gimmicky?

EDIT: Mind you, I also don't have complete confidence in Red Steel yet. I want to wait for more reviews, especially online, and of course until I play it myself.

Red Steel, Just your average first-person shooter with control problems. Sword play is gimmicky and multiplayer seems outdated with no online, LAN or anything special. Could have been good, but it seems to have been rushed out for launch.

Have you never played a shoot em up multiplayer?? it's pretty difficult to be rubbish.

Awesome: Timesplitters 2 & 3, Red Faction 1 & 2, XIII, Goldeneye (and most other Bonds too from what I've played) etc.

Pants: Turok: Evolution, Metroid Prime 2 (which isn't even a shoot-'em-up)

Have you never played a shoot em up multiplayer?? it's pretty difficult to be rubbish.

Awesome: Timesplitters 2 & 3, Red Faction 1 & 2, XIII, Goldeneye (and most other Bonds too from what I've played) etc.

The World Is Not Enough was the best Bond Game EA made, but it was only ok as it had too many bugs and too few levels, especially multiplayer. No bond game has surpassed Goldeneye although there were a few things I didn't like about Goldeneye, most multiplayer levels were crap, the same reload animation even for a freaking Rocket Launcher, the dead men disappeared WAY TOO QUICKLY, I like it when they remain there on the floor for longer like in Perfect Dark for example where you can throw knives and shoot multiple arrows through their head, penis etc but it was still annoying in PD how after a certain number were shot, it'd disappear.