N-Europe

Your Favourite Cast of Characters!

The3rdChildren

This one is real simple. Just list off a few of your favourite casts of characters in a movie, show, game, comic or whatever and then say why you like them.

I'll go first.

DragonBall Z, created by Akira Toriyama has one of the most unique and likeable casts of any story I have ever seen/read. From the offensive Mr. Popo and Guldo who can freeze time by holding his breath to the Saiyans who can transform into giant monkeys because of their tails it all just screams unique creativity. Toriyama creates the best characters by far.

People shit on DBZ's drawn-out battles, but what is undeniable is the great cast.

---

So anyone else got a cast of characters they particularly like?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffy season 7 cast, gotta love em.

2 sexy chicks, 1 slayer, 1 comedian, 1 moderately hot red head and the biggest geek in the universe.

Brilliant.

Moderate? she's gorgeous!

I'm going to go with Firefly. Everyone in it is just sublime. Joss Whedon is a brilliant character writer.

Cowboy Bebop is great, all space bounty hunters and jazzy hands kung-fu.

You got Jet, Jet Black, ex-cop with a bionic arm. Big. Braw. A real hard man, except when he's not cooking or cleaning or generally looking after the rest of the gang. I like that mix. he also has a collection of bonsai trees.

Then there's Faye Valentine, easily the sexiest gambling addict this side of Jupiter, a trickster with a troubled, distant past she cannot remember.

Then there's Ed, full name Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, pre-pubescent computer prodigy and an endless source of quirky wisdom ("If you see a stranger: follow him!") Ed is also a girl. Constructed her own computer from scratch, and coded her own OS, which seems to be based on fish.

And there's Ein. He's a Welsh corgi, an experimental breed of "data dog" blessed with super intelligence and mad PC skillz thanks to a chip implant.

Oh, and there's Spike Spiegel. But I don't like him. He's a whiny little bitch.

The Simpsons, being an obvious one, because, well, it wouldn't be the most popular show ever made without a great range of characters.

For films...

Pulp Fiction (A God-fearing badass muthafucker, an passive, drug taking, atheist mobster; an over-confident bitch, hot-headed boxer, 'The Wolf', to name a few),

Reservior Dogs (Two psychos, one a cool, another loud with a short temper; a hard but level-headed gangster, a cop, and a bunch of other gangsters),

American Beauty (A man in a mid-life crisis, bitch of a wife, vengeful teenage daughter, her slutty friend, a creepy, perverted neighbor; and a fag hating col. who takes his position too seriously),

The lesser known Glengarry Glen Ross (All scum of the earth real estate agants, one similar to 'Gil' from The Simpsons)

Also, Knights of the Old Republic. They're annoying, but still OK. Theres Carth (suspicious sod), Bastilla (hard-up bitch), HK...(Awesome killing machine), Jolee (Sam L. Jackson meets Morgan Freeman), etc. etc.

Only one enemy can win that award

Freeza_Mugshot.jpg

The Freeza/Namek saga has always been my favourite

It was a nice arc, but Freeza sucks in every way compared to the black hole of insanity that is Kid Buu.

image.jpg

Look at him, so evil and mentally deranged. I wanna hug him.

Chrono Trigger, first and foremost....It's just, you love them...and you can't stop!! Every single character from that game was so well balanced, you'd swear they were real people...

Then Scrubs, Dragonball Z, Stargate SG-1 (C'mon, everyone loves Teal'c!! :p) Final Fantasy 7...which kinda sounds cliche, but yeah, the characters we're part of what made the game so damn awesome...

Also; yeah, Kid Buu does kinda kick Friezas ass...the best "bad" guys were undoubtedly Nappa and Vegita...or the whole of the Android Cast (including Cell...)