N-Europe

Free Refills

Ice9

It really annoys me the lack of places in this country that give free refills. Does anyone know any places that do?

I know Pizza hut obviously do, as they advertise it, but Subway do as well (you are allowed to help yourself to the fountain, but you are officially allowed, its not just if nobody sees!).

As Subway don't advertise their free refills, does anyone know of anywhere else that allows refills but doesn't advertise it?

I don't really understand the big complaint. It's as if you expect refils to be standard.

They are standard in the States.

I've never ever heard of refills being done around here though. Not that I mind. I don't go out to eat anyway.

[Rant]The free refill thing really annoys me, because i work at Subway´s and every night i´m working there is always someone stealing soda or buying one glas of soda and then coming back every half-hour to get some more and of course the people that come 15 minutes before closing, buy one glas of soda and just stay there until there have been 40 minutes since it closed, or we kick them out [Rant over]

:).............:( places that offer free refills are usually expensive compared to other places you could go..so your not exactly saving any money unless you bring in a bucket inconspicously(sp?) :p

Well I'm afraid this isn't Fatland and stuff doesn't come so cheap.

You may want to rethink this..or put some hope into our resident **** Jamie Oliver.

:).............:( places that offer free refills are usually expensive compared to other places you could go..so your not exactly saving any money unless you bring in a bucket inconspicously(sp?) :p

You may want to rethink this..or put some hope into our resident **** Jamie Oliver.

Well it's not nearly as bad. :heh:

I also thought of doing the bucket thing...Maybe we should go to America n just do that.

Well I'm afraid this isn't Fatland and stuff doesn't come so cheap.

Saw on the news today that producers of school uniforms have had to introduce 52" blazers due to high demand.... for primary school kids. That is just ridiculous sizes for kids to be and part of the problem is this growing trend for American style excessive portions and refills. I don't like Jamie Oliver much but he does have a point about heathy eating for kids. I don't like soft drinks a huge amount anyway, they just give me flatulence.

Going to America this summer was like stepping into paradise. I remember I went to TGI Friday's (in Norway) this summer too, and when the waitress asked if we wanted refills, we all paused and hesitated, but then she said, "They're free, guys", and we scrambled to give her our glasses.

Apparently the guidelines of what is considered clinically obese has changed making nearly half of all kids and 15% more adults clinically obese.

We haven't grown overnight, they just reclassified the fatties.

Personally the only diet I think that works is going Vegetarian. it forces you to cut off the fat, to ensure you get a decent meal and it's low in lots of nasty stuff.

Apparently the guidelines of what is considered clinically obese has changed making nearly half of all kids and 15% more adults clinically obese.

We haven't grown overnight, they just reclassified the fatties.

Yeah, the same can be said for poverty, if you reclassify what it is you can actually Make Poverty History.

Sorry to veer offtopic, but it's loosely related.

Anyone tried Sprite 3G? The reviewers canned it as a rip at £1.19 seeing as it had less caffeine than Red Bull at 99p.

I liked the new coke energy drink Relentless, half a litre, fruit flavoured and vaguely tasty.

QUITE HYPOCRITICAL saying you shouldn't drink bare sugary drinks, then I admit to drinking energy drinks.