N-Europe

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Aussie

The control of the vehicles gets better as you get more parts :)

I've managed to make the USS Enterprise...with some artistic license of course else it wouldnt be able to fly

It's not even that, because on many challenges you're forced to use a particular vehicle. Pushing the ice cube on Banjo Land is a perfect example of a challenge that was not at all thought through. It's just shockingly bad.

I've already slapped lots of engines on, better grip wheels, etc, and it seems that faster vehicles have next to no control. Even with a less fast and weightier vehicle, merely brushing against an object can cause a dead stop or even a 360 degree rotation!

They really bent BK over with this game. Poor things.

It's not even that, because on many challenges you're forced to use a particular vehicle. Pushing the ice cube on Banjo Land is a perfect example of a challenge that was not at all thought through. It's just shockingly bad.

I thought that vehicle was too good for the challenge.

Edit: Also, is it just me or do the challenges feel a lot more varied than what the reviews suggested? Sure, there's not a massive amount of different types of challenges (then again, you can say that about virtually every game), but each challenge feels suitably different.

Anyway. This was the main game that swayed me over to the 360, even before the vehicles and stuff was announced. And so far I'm very pleased with the game.

Edit: Also, is it just me or do the challenges feel a lot more varied than what the reviews suggested? Sure, there's not a massive amount of different types of challenges (then again, you can say that about virtually every game), but each challenge feels suitably different.

Anyway. This was the main game that swayed me over to the 360, even before the vehicles and stuff was announced. And so far I'm very pleased with the game.

I agree. While they do have some similarity, its very different...just like Mario Galaxy, Banjo Kazooie etc

The way I see it is Microsoft/Rare decided not to pay people off for the reviews and so they're not being given good ones

Most of the challenges really are the same. Every single challenge is against the clock for a start, which is utterly terrible and makes you always feel rushed. Then nearly every challenge is either a race or a 'reach so many different targets and do something to them'.

And seriously at the pushing the ice cube? I managed to make it look easy on one of my turns, but so often the thing would slip away, and the whole thing felt terrible.

I can't see why vehicles were chosen for this game - it means you can always fly in a level, rendering exploration kinda pointless. In the first BK you could fly anyway after reaching certain points/rooms (and only on certain levels, to make it less easy), as well as swim, as well as get running shoes that made you fast for races. Furthermore, having to (this one confuses me deeply) pick up your jiggies after winning them, only to drive them to a bank in the middle is ridiculous. Why do we have to to transport our own jiggies to actually get them, after picking them up? This was annoying when one of the jiggy vendors was divided by a stretch of water from the jiggy bank, so I had to carry them since the vehicle would sink. This wasn't far into the game and I had done most of the jiggies possible up to that point, and still didn't have a water crosser for the main town.

Every jiggy is a cakewalk, and can be worked out instantly. I still do not know what Rare were thinking when making this game.

I agree. While they do have some similarity, its very different...just like Mario Galaxy

Galaxy is the same game at heart really, while this isn't. The only difference between Galaxy and older games is that you can walk all over a planet without falling off. Apart from that it's quite similar to the Sunshine backpackless levels.

I like how they pick up on items having no weight and vehicles being top-heavy and snagging on everything. This is true, and practically ruins the driving experience (as the environment is usualy littered with little animals and bits here and there, that when snagging can completely screw up your forward direction and mess you up when racing against the clock). Nice to see how they also noted the pointless jiggy transferring process, too.

It's good to see a fairer review rather than 7-8, as it's really not deserving. If Rare do make another BK game hopefully they will take on board the criticism as well as the fact that the XBL arcade BK will dwarf this in sales and hopefully not come up with something that is a piece of crap.

Im still loving this!

I spent a fair bit of time getting all the notes around Showdown Town and finding all the caught Jinjos and replacing them with Minjos. One of them took me about 20 mins to find but I finally seen him pottering around near the back wall next to the Banjoland dock.

I have enjoyed all the levels apart from the Terror...whatever its called. That level is very confusing and far too big for my liking. Alot of the time I havent a clue what section im in!

Having scored over 75 Jiggies I can now go fight the final boss but I want to upgrade my Trolley to the max before I set off to give Gruntilda a beating for the last time :)

EDIT: Big thanks to Cube for answering the combo question over on the achievement website! I was wondering what the hell you had to do to get that one.

Get the laser and shoot Grunty with it before you head off to fight her for the last time.

I'm a little bit behind you (61 Jiggies). I've loved every level so far (Jiggosium isn't that interesting, but the challenges make up for that). 90%+ of the time in the levels (while not doing challenges) has still been in the trolley.

I've only got 20 notes left in Showdown Town...I have absolutely no idea where they could be.

I've only got 20 notes left in Showdown Town...I have absolutely no idea where they could be.

The last 20 I needed were in the little beach huts just on the shoreline across from Klungos Arcade. If its not them then check in the water as there are quite a few underneath his arcade aswell.

Can you tell me where the junk robot is? I have found the rocket and the panel but havent a clue where the robot is.

EDIT: It doesnt matter ive matter just found it!

The last 20 I needed were in the little beach huts just on the shoreline across from Klungos Arcade.

Those were the ones. Thanks! I can't believe I missed them.

I just made a cool tank that has a bike escape pod thing hidden inside.

It seems like a Marmite game.

I didn't really enjoy it (too much customisation getting in the way of gameplay, and it feels like you need to unfairly unbalance the game to get each jiggy) and know others who feel similar. Pity 'cos i've been a big fan the previous BK games.

But then i know people who absolutely love it. These are the people who appreciate the customisation part, enjoy building & trying out different vehicles, and aren't too bothered about "just get on with the gameplay" like me.

So the pattern seems to be:

- If you enjoy customisation, spending a lot of time building new vehicles with new parts and trying them out, you'll love it.

- If you're not bothered with messing about in the vehicle editor and would prefer more of a focus on balanced gameplay, you won't.

It seems like a Marmite game.

I didn't really enjoy it (too much customisation getting in the way of gameplay, and it feels like you need to unfairly unbalance the game to get each jiggy) and know others who feel similar. Pity 'cos i've been a big fan the previous BK games.

But then i know people who absolutely love it. These are the people who appreciate the customisation part, enjoy building & trying out different vehicles, and aren't too bothered about "just get on with the gameplay" like me.

So the pattern seems to be:

- If you enjoy customisation, spending a lot of time building new vehicles with new parts and trying them out, you'll love it.

- If you're not bothered with messing about in the vehicle editor and would prefer more of a focus on balanced gameplay, you won't.

I prefer a focus on balanced gameplay and I love this so your theory is flawed :p

I have no right to have an opinion on this game as I don't even have a 360 never mind the new Banjo Kazooie.. but the original is one of my favourite games ever so I watched the Game Trailers review with a lot of interest, knowing that the game wasn't going to be classic Banjo..

The review almost made me sick! I really REALLY do not like the look of this one bit and don't have any desire to play it at all :hmm: ..I know I haven't played it, so I can't judge it for myself, but I couldn't pick up on one thing from watching the review that I liked the look of :sad:

It's a hell of a lot different when you are actually playing it though :smile: I went into the game pretty open-mindedly, expecting references to the old games with a few of the old mechanics but mostly an entirely new experience and I wasn't dissapointed, still loving it.

And yes I adore the original BK... was one of the first games I bought for the N64, but games companies change sometimes and so do their franchise's so depending on your stance you may love it or hate it but it's definitely a decent game Imo.

Guest Stefkov

After playing this for a while my opinion of it it still the same as before.

But making the vehicles is suprisingly fun. Making some phallic car made of just engines, fuel tanks and wheels is awesome fun. Speedy thing aswell.

Ive just beaten the game! The last boss fight took me 3 attempts as I kept getting owned off Gruntys final form. I was about to give in but then I remembered I had a laser back in the workshop. I quickly attached this to my vehicle and then gave her a beating while getting the T.T trophy in the process :heh:

The ending is short but it still made me LOL. Oh, look for a few refrences of other Rare games in the ending. I wonder if any of them are in development? :smile:

I too am loving this

Ijust dont see the complaints...I mean if you go in expecting a Banjo Platformer then yeah, disappointment but other than that

Because even if you go in expecting a good game that's not a platformer it still sucks. Practically every review has picked up on the points that pretty much make it pitifully average, but I guess you just don't see it. It's a generic attempt at a third game with all the charm sucked out, and repetitious gameplay that is in itself cumbersome.

Also I find it weird that you say that you can't be disappointed unless you go in expecting a 'Banjo platformer'. If they didn't want people to think it would be similar to the other games they wouldn't have made it a Banjo Kazooie game. In fact, they shouldn't have.