Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who haven't seen Darker than Black, there's a second season coming aswell.

Which after watching the first season you'll agree that it was going to definitely be made. I don't want to hype it up too much but I thought it was pretty damn good.

I watched it for a while, then only did every now and then... such an inconsistant show, but when it was good, it was really fucking good. The piano one was stunning, as was the final episode, if I remember correctly

The anime of Elfen Lied didn't make a lot of sense in certain places, however the manga differed slightly up to about chapter 60 where it completely went off in a different direction because the anime had caught up.

Wow. This was a lot better, it was all explained i.e the diclonius and their powers etc. Another quite sad ending which made me feel like I should cry which was weird. Need something else to read/ watch now >_<

Haruhi: Endless Eight = ...bizarre. And yet strangely compelling.

Ok i've gotten back into my regular anime watching habbits.

Started watching Naruto two days ago and i'm up around episode 42 of 200somthing,

so its going to take a while. I didn't realise how kick ass the series was though ^_^

Just so you know...

Naruto 1-135: Awesome

Naruto 136-220: Painful, avoid at all costs

Shorty: Darker than Black, Baccano, Eden of the East, Mushishi, Xam'd are all my recommendations. None of those are the moemoe stuff. All damn good shows.
I started Mushishi and couldn't enjoy it, I did like Xam'd though, reminded me a lot of Eureka Seven. Eden of the East I have also started. All those should be on my list.

I started Mushishi and couldn't enjoy it, I did like Xam'd though, reminded me a lot of Eureka Seven. Eden of the East I have also started. All those should be on my list.

Ah, I just looked at your completed list so I missed them. Bones did Eureka 7 and Xam'd so it's a given it'd remind you of it.

Bones are also doing Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 for this season, I'm not sure if you want to be getting a new episode every week but after the first episode it's looking good.

I'll also recommend Planetes, it's not an exciting anime but with it based in space I enjoyed it. Samurai Champloo is something different aswell.

This is the 1st time I'm actualy looking forward to a Pokemon movie in 8 years. Movie 12 is out on Friday in japan. Its only because I'm hyped up for heart gold and soul silver, but it should be interesting.

Endless summer: And they did it again!! And I heard they will keep going up to 31th August (it's probably BS).

Sorry but I found this to be pretty spot on to the situation in question:

1247419042842.jpg

She went through this 15513 times already. She has all the right to be bored.

Just a quick recommendation to those who liked TTGL; watch Needless.

TTGL season 2: Needless

I don't know, only if you're in for the random fanservice and manliness. I have not seen it but I heard there's no decent plot or anything. With that said, that OP and ED are justification enough if you have time for that.

Been watching K-ON at last. Up to episode 6. Suddenly want to learn Guitar.

Do like hundreds of K-ON fans and start buying bass guitars for lefties, even though most of them are right-handed, just because Mio is a lefty. I shit you not.

(I'm going to watch this next week or so.)

And don't forget Mio's 560€ (480£) AKG K701 studio grade headphones:

0905010216580792960x720.jpg

Edited by Blue_Ninja0

Endless summer: And they did it again!! And I heard they will keep going up to 31th August (it's probably BS).

I quote a quote from randomanimeblogger.

I did laugh though at this comment I saw on AnimeSuki’s forums: “It takes less time for Goku to summon a spirit bomb than it takes for this arc to end. ”
TTGL season 2: Needless

I don't know, only if you're in for the random fanservice and manliness. I have not seen it but I heard there's no decent plot or anything. With that said, that OP and ED are justification enough if you have time for that.

What the description said in the list, you know that list everyone uses see whats coming out, I didn't think of watching it. But hopefully it's a total GARfest. I think it's good once in a while just to watch something with no plot and has a load of random, stupid things that are awesome. After that then you can go back to your harem shows.

I will post these again in case the dtb fans miss it.

I hope the scans is a joke on what the new series of Darker Than Black will be about.

Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor - Oct 2009

c00523504a4cc679d3803.jpg

chinko2450x337.jpg

Edited by Dante

I would actually buy a lefty bass and play bass that way.

It would be fucking awesome because I play guitar right-handed! :D

I'm also not right-handed, I'm cross-dominant like Shigsy. :D

Cross-dominant makes it sound so superior! I thought Miyamoto was lefty only.

Go buy the bass then and post the results on Youtube, I'll imagine you like this meanwhile:

What the description said in the list, you know that list everyone uses see whats coming out, I didn't think of watching it. But hopefully it's a total GARfest. I think it's good once in a while just to watch something with no plot and has a load of random, stupid things that are awesome. After that then you can go back to your harem shows.

Hey that's good. I'm not going to watch K-ON for the plot either. lol

Same goes for Detroit Metal City. But these are very small shows and fast to run through. Don't know how long Needless will be though, but if it indeed proves to be above average, why not? Unfortunately popular opinion seems to put it in a very mediocre class.

And the only harem show I have ever watched was Love Hina, in case you were specifically talking about me.:indeed:

Ep 12 - Endless Eight : 15497th loop

Ep 13 - Endless Eight : 15498th loop

Ep 14 - Endless Eight : 15499th loop

Ep 15 - Endless Eight : 15513th loop

Ep 16 - Endless Eight : 15521th loop

Ep16 contains: rushing the episode into making you believe the loop is going to end then four mins of loop the loop style and a ticking clock in real time.

- NPC's are animated again!

- awesome camera angles here and there

- fabulous insect animation is fabulous (both the butterfly and the cicadas)

- that background shot of the city with the rainbow was just beautiful

- a loop inside a loop! i believe they looped the end scene at the cafe 4 times, a reference to how many times Endless Eight repeated maybe? If so maybe next week we'll see the conclusion (if it ends or not I don't really mind either way)

- the camera rotating with the clock

suzumiya20haruhi2020092z.jpgsuzumiya20haruhi2020092.jpg

Ep16 contains: rushing the episode into making you believe the loop is going to end then four mins of loop the loop style and a ticking clock in real time.

So they're putting loops inside the loop. Might be genius. Can't wait to see it. I better not spoil myself anymore.

I'm playing the Umineko game at the moment... addictive stuff, done episodes 1 and 2 already. I don't currently like it as much as Higurashi, but it's still cool.

The Endless Eight thing isn't bothering me :D it's fun to look out for the interesting changes and the whole thing is reanimated each time, which is impressive. I love the film Groundhog Day so maybe that helps :P

Same here, it's great.

The August issue of Shogakukan's Monthly Sunday GX magazine will confirm on Saturday that the third Black Lagoon anime project will be an original video anime (OVA) project in 2010. Director Sunao Katabuchi will return from the first two Black Lagoon anime projects, along with character designer Masanori Shino and the Madhouse anime studio. Megumi Toyoguchi will reprise her role as the female pirate Revy. The story revolves around a typical Japanese businessman who gets caught up in the escapades of modern-day pirate mercenaries off the Asian shores.

Viz Media will publish the seventh volume of Rei Hiroe's original adventure manga next month. Geneon Entertainment released part of the Black Lagoon anime in North America, but Funimation has since agreed to take over distribution of the anime. Funimation reissued the first anime series and started the DVD release of the Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage series last August.

The first two anime series will be re-issued on Blu-ray Disc in full high-definition. The Blu-ray Discs' original special video supplements will feature the anime adaptations of omake extra manga shorts from the end of the manga's compiled book volumes.

According to Moonphase:

• Endless Eight is going to end next week on the July 23,2009.
  • The reason for six episodes of endless eight was because Kadokawa told Kyoani to make 6 episodes of Endless Eight.
  • Haruhi being 42 episodes instead of 28.

My mate has been telling me to check out FMA for ages so I finally took the plunge.

PHTO0037-1.jpg

The last 2 boxsets are out on Monday so if I enjoy the first 2 then im in for long haul. Its a good job im off work all next week! :D

Thats different from the manga (which is the comic book like state (sort of)). The anime differs, and isn't as great as the manga, which now has an anime being made exactly like the manga. So if you enjoy that, you should check out FMA: Brotherhood (or is it not called that?).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!