N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, im going through the Ghibli stage. Got Yamadas, Totoro, Spirted, Kiki and Howl's. Got Mononoke and Fireflies on the way. What next? Thinking maybe Only Yesterday or Laputa. Opinions?

Oh and my friend has Earthsea so I've seen that.

I recommend Porco Rosso! :yay: I really enjoyed this film and it's one of my favourites!

Though I haven't seen Mononoke yet. :heh:

Soul Eater is beautiful and although I don't really get what is going on! I rarely do when watching anime! :p

Right, im going through the Ghibli stage. Got Yamadas, Totoro, Spirted, Kiki and Howl's. Got Mononoke and Fireflies on the way. What next? Thinking maybe Only Yesterday or Laputa. Opinions?

The only two Ghibli films I own are Howl's and Pom Poko.

I do recommend you get Pom Poko. It's a great film and very funny.

ONLY YESTERDAY!

Easily my favorite Ghibli and one of my favorite films ever.

ONLY YESTERDAY!

Easily my favorite Ghibli and one of my favorite films ever.

I think I shall go with that. 1) because it was my initial desire and 2) you are mr bananagrabber and thus your opinions are valid

I feel ashamed that the only movie from Studio Ghibli that I saw was The Cat Returns. I liked it! Anyone here saw it?

I haven't. From what I gather its the most childish (as so to speak) Ghibli but I'd still like to. At this rate I'll have the entire collection in the next few weeks ^_^

Pretty much everyone here loved that series :heh: if you go back through the thread to around the time the series aired in Japan you'll see we were all raving over it too.

No.

I know, old and late, but you guys who are about to watch/are watching Gurren Lagann: You are doing the right thing.

I watched the first episode of Haruhi and I just didn't get it. It just seemed ridiculous and in a bad way.

I really should watch NGE though, I mean I've seen Rah-Xephon which was a mind fuck and since it was heavily influenced by NGE, it makes little sense it not watching it.

I watched the first episode of Haruhi and I just didn't get it. It just seemed ridiculous and in a bad way.

The first episode has nothing to do with the rest, for one thing it comes in at 8th episode on real timeline, and second it's...

...a movie made with a handheld video camera by the characters

As far as i remember.

E: Beaten by half an hour :V

I remember downloading the first haurhi ep, like 6 times always thinking I was downloading the wrong thing XD

Haha!! Same here! I had to download it again and I thought it was a troll from the subbers or something. I downloaded a 16:9 good quality video but I was watching a 4:3 crappy and grainy completely non-sense video.

When Calza said that about the 1st episode I completely ignored the Mikuru "episode". Now it makes sense if you didn't like it, Calza.

Just got upto date with the Soul Eater manga as Mahou-X seem to have gotten their asses in gear.

All I can say is.. fucking finally, the plot now has a direction! But something happend in the last chapter I'm really not happy with..

Dont give into the insanity Soul =(

Just got upto date with the Soul Eater manga as Mahou-X seem to have gotten their asses in gear.

All I can say is.. fucking finally, the plot now has a direction! But something happend in the last chapter I'm really not happy with..

Dont give into the insanity Soul =(

ehehehe

I'm glad you like the plot, i love it, but do you feel that after seeing kishin, he's just gone like to no where? i love stein going crazy and soul too...all to do with black blood, and i want to find out about the stag/deer thing that star saw!!

ehehehe
I'm glad you like the plot, i love it, but do you feel that after seeing kishin, he's just gone like to no where? i love stein going crazy and soul too...all to do with black blood, and i want to find out about the stag/deer thing that star saw!!

Yeah I agree, but I cant believe it took this long to get anywhere. Even once Kishin was revived, there was still little to the plot other than a typical Shonen title which saw you chase around this evil entity, but the insanity convention is an absolutely brilliant idea. I have a feeling its affected Black Star too, as it was suprising that he's been out dueling without Tsubaki (so he's been fighting with just his fists, but for what purpose?).

All I can say is, I hope Shinigami sama has indeed got a sinister past like suggested with the demon tools.

I don't understand how people can not realise what is going on in the first episode of Haruhi... the grainy film texture, the random people in the background, Kyon's sarcastic narrative, the crappy special effects. And then to top it all off there's the fact that the OP, the ED and the last few seconds of the episode all look completely different. It's clear they're making some kind of film and that it's not really an indication of the rest of the series....

No.
What are you saying "No" so bluntly to? Firstly, I said "most people", which you can't rebuke with an individual "No", unless you've completed some kind of survey first. Secondly, you weren't even here back then, so I'm not likely referring to you, am I?

What are you saying "No" so bluntly to? Firstly, I said "most people", which you can't rebuke with an individual "No", unless you've completed some kind of survey first. Secondly, you weren't even here back then, so I'm not likely referring to you, am I?

I just realised that as well. Sorry.

No probs :)

So I've just started 4 new anime at once. I'm supposed to be revising so that's probably not the best idea. Beck, Kurenai, Mushishi and Clannad. Man I'm getting so confused. Clannad is the typical visual novel type anime throwing five new characters at you every episode, Mushishi is awesome, Kurenai is... bizarre, and the English speaking people in Beck creep me out, but it's cool. Starting 4 shows at once is a bad idea though, I'm getting mixed up as to which thing happened which series.

Lol kurenai 7.

Woman: I suppose he [your guardian] does have many good points but being a lolicon could be a problem.

10 year old girl: Lolicon?

Woman: That means he loves you.

Also I swear to god if one more show uses the "talking behind back, sneezing" scene transition I will find the writers and murder them in their sleep.

BECK is an awesome series, I enjoyed every episode of it to the fullest. As for the other three animes you're watching, I have not yet seen them but I will commence in watching them so I can prevent you from getting confused of which thing happened in what anime. :)