NEurope

Dragonball Z kicks some serious ass. In my spare time, I'm going to watch the original dragonball series as it was never shown on cartoon network.

Dragonball > Z in everyway.

meh i watched a couple naruto episodes and i didn´t like it very much found it kinda predictble and not very much fun :hmm:

What part did you find predictable? :hmm:

I love it. Some episodes can drag. The Gaara climax frustrated the hell out of me. Otherwise I don't see what's not to like.

What part did you find predictable? :hmm:

I love it. Some episodes can drag. The Gaara climax frustrated the hell out of me. Otherwise I don't see what's not to like.

The parts when you know something is going to happen? or when he´s going to say something stupid.

Also the fillers, i read the fillers wont end til next year and there have been fillers seen last year.

I just find this show overall seriously overrated and boring

The parts when you know something is going to happen? or when he´s going to say something stupid.

Also the fillers, i read the fillers wont end til next year and there have been fillers seen last year.

I just find this show overall seriously overrated and boring

The good out weighs the bad IMO. I can't predict what happens most of the time, I must be thick. :wtf:

I'm not trying to say everyone should love it. I just think thats silly reasoning. :)

What's nice about anime is that there's so much of it, thus usually something for everyone to love and hate.

Nah, Dragonball Z was seriously a great deal better. I watched the original japanese subs of Dragonball before they were censored by fucking Toonami and they're fucking boss, but DBZ is still a huuuuge deal better...

DBZ is, or used to be pretty much my greatest obsession (I even learnt to play all the themes on guitar). There really should be a thread just for it.

I can't believe toonami butchered the movies so fucking badly.

I didnt find Dragonball too appealing, i LOVED dragonball z. I found Dragonball GT very average but the ending was sweet.

I think the reason I didnt like Dragonball is the fact of knowing that everythings gonna be alright as I had seen Z and GT, why didnt they bother bringing them out in order?

Also, GT and the original dragonball were very childish, I was 12 when I watched them and therefore had no idea that I could get dubs of the uncut versions, but they absolutely sucked. Dragonball Z was the best series.

In my opinion it all comes together to tell the story of SonGoku's life, so it's all necessary and enjoyable, even if GT was a little crap.

It's funny, I've never stumbled accross any Naruto yaoi. Are you sure you weren't just searching for it? :heh:

Really? I suppose it just must be the forum i'm on, i think its the biggest Naruto forum in the world but the amount of yaoi fanclubs on it is immenese, though Sasuke in Neverland is pretty good.

I think i'm going to try to see if HMV have Neon Genesis Evangelion, i think they have the Platium edition but the Braehead store has really crap anime section.

Anyone here that has the Slayers series? One of the best anime i´ve seen

DRAAAAAAGON SLAAAAVE!

Damn HMV only had The End of Evagelion and the Rebirth one. Still I got G.I.T.S. 2, for £10 they had Stand Alone Complex for £40 but i've seen it cheaper.

It seems ep 204 is going to be the end of the fillers. There is going to be a new opening, its changing to Thursdays instead of Wensday. Alot of people think that they will be one episode to send Naruto off and 3/4 of Kakashi Gaiden which will end on 209 which is when the new season starts. We hope...

The latest Naruto filler story was actually quite good.

...what? ^^;

I found everything after Frieza really painful, even in the original Japanese. It just became a joke after that, it really was nothing but 2 generic twats staring at one another and going 'Grrrr!'.

Dragonball and early Z had interesting fights, plots and every character wasn't some Super fucking Saiyan ****.

Anyone remember Yamcha, Tien or Launch?

I have recently got into the Naruto series. I started buying the US dvds but they are taking too long to come out so I have started youtubing the episodes. I am currently on episode 43 and im loving it!

Can someone tell me when I will start to hit all of the filler episodes?

Nah, Dragonball Z was seriously a great deal better. I watched the original japanese subs of Dragonball before they were censored by fucking Toonami and they're fucking boss, but DBZ is still a huuuuge deal better...

DBZ is, or used to be pretty much my greatest obsession (I even learnt to play all the themes on guitar). There really should be a thread just for it.

I can't believe toonami butchered the movies so fucking badly.

I remember the days I would run home from school to watch this. I was so hooked on DBZ it was unimmaginable. DBZ is infinitely better than DB and GT.

I loved it when Goku turned Super saiyan for the first time. The memories.

The music was fucking amazing too.

Damm I love Dragonball Z. One of my GREAT passions.

I have recently got into the Naruto series. I started buying the US dvds but they are taking too long to come out so I have started youtubing the episodes. I am currently on episode 43 and im loving it!

Can someone tell me when I will start to hit all of the filler episodes?

Episode 137 (right after the ZOMG bit) is where the fillers really kick off.

I can't understand for the life of me people who watch shows on Youtube, how on earth can you stand that terrible quality? When you run out of English dubs (in 3 episodes time, it's only dubbed up to 46 and the subs are up to 196) you can't possibly plan to watch the subbed version on Youtube, you won't even be able to read the subtitles o_o

Episode 137 (right after the ZOMG bit) is where the fillers really kick off.

I can't understand for the life of me people who watch shows on Youtube, how on earth can you stand that terrible quality? When you run out of English dubs (in 3 episodes time, it's only dubbed up to 46 and the subs are up to 196) you can't possibly plan to watch the subbed version on Youtube, you won't even be able to read the subtitles o_o

Thanks for that Shorty.

I doubt I will watch the subs, shame how im nearly out of episodes as I was looking forward to watch Gaara ( sp?) Vs Rock Lee.

It's nice to see DragonBall Z is so appreciated around here. One of the things about anime fans that pisses me off is their constantly shifting loyalty between every new series to be released.

A person will start out watching anime with something like Pokemon or DragonBall Z and progress onto other shows which are considered better and eventually climb onboard the "I hate DBZ" train with all the other anime fans. Once on, they will all ramble on about it being nothing more than two guys trying to yell louder than each other - but it really isn't, for the most part.

Shitty misconceptions aside, show some RESPECT for a classic.

Besides... what more could you honestly want from a cartoon? Violence, death, yelling, comedy, cliffhanger ending almost every episode? DBZ is a cartoon for men. Girls can stick to Sailor Moon and Inuyasha.

[edit] If you want a PROPER thing to hate about DBZ, it's the fact that in the Japanese version none of the characters can say a sentence without choking at least once. Fact.

It's nice to see DragonBall Z is so appreciated around here. One of the things about anime fans that pisses me off is their constantly shifting loyalty between every new series to be released.

A person will start out watching anime with something like Pokemon or DragonBall Z and progress onto other shows which are considered better and eventually climb onboard the "I hate DBZ" train with all the other anime fans. Once on, they will all ramble on about it being nothing more than two guys trying to yell louder than each other - but it really isn't, for the most part. Shitty misconceptions aside, show some RESPECT for a classic.

Well Said!

DBZ will always be a classic, it was the first anime I ever watched and I still love it to this day. Sure, it has its flaws just like everything but it is still awesome to watch.

Although I havent watched much anime, but to this day I still think that the Gohan/Goku Kamehameha scene in the cell games is simply amazing. Also the one they do in one of the movie ( cant remember which one it is ) with Goten is awesome aswell.

I do have to admit though that Im enjoying Naruto more than I did with DBZ when it was this many episodes in.

I do have to admit though that Im enjoying Naruto more than I did with DBZ when it was this many episodes in.

Naruto, in my opinion, is the new DragonBall Z. Super powerful dudes kick each other's asses, except Naruto tries to have better character development and an ongoing plot as opposed to Akira Toriyama's story seeming as if it's constantly trying to find an end.

You might say Naruto is DBZ, but done right. I personally don't believe that last sentence is true, as my rose-tinting of DBZ over the years had left me with nothing but denial of any shortcomings in the series, despite knowing there are many. Still, it's nice to have a new figthing story to watch/read with as many, if not more, likeable characters as DragonBall/Z had.

It's rumoured throughout drawing the manga, Toriyama tried to end the story midway. The DragonBall story was originally supposed to end when Gohan defeated Cell and became the new defender of Earth, with SonGoku dead. Unfortunately the series was so popular, that he felt compelled to continue it, which is why the Buu saga seems to try and have some fun with Great Saiyaman, the moronic bad guy Majin Buu and Gotenks. I guess he figured that if he had to do it, he'd do it for fun.

I'm glad he did, the Buu saga of the anime had some lovely artwork and it introduces some of my favourite characters into the series.

Jesus, I can't believe I wrote half of that.

DBZ isn't that bad, but it's far from classic imo. And it isn't the anime that got me into anime :p

I suppose I dislike DBZ as it got rid of most of the best characters imo, and I really don't like the Saiyans. But it's not trying to be anything more than it is, which is good.

EDIT- A lot of what I said is directed at the anime, I enjoyed all of the manga pretty much.

I finally got through the anime I was watching and out the other side and now I'm watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

It's rofltastic.

I finally got through the anime I was watching and out the other side and now I'm watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

It's rofltastic.

wee :) its a great anime Shorty. It gets better and better.

Dragon Ball is the anime of my life in terms of memories. When it started airing here in 1996 or 1997 i was still a kid and it just penetrated the minds of every kid and adult in town. And i mean EVERYONE knew what dragon ball was, everything was flooded with dragon ball merchandise. A complete craze, and eventually news started to pop in saying that dragon ball was to blame when kids atacked each other. Kinda like when someone accused Pokémon from being too violent because a kid jumped from a 3 store high window, thinking he was butterfree.

I watched the French version, wich did not came from america, but i think it was heavily butchered anyway. And it was in horrific bad portuguese dubbing. I remember seeing in the news, kids asking for autographs to Songoku's portuguese voice actor. Insane times.

Drangon Ball (non-Z) still offered me the most magic, as i was a kid back then, and everything seems magic. Altough i think Z is overall better.

QFT. I hate those otakus whose "my favorite anime" change everyday, according to what they are actually seeing. That's why you can't trust online anime ranks.

The latest Naruto filler story was actually quite good.

...what? ^^;

I'm still on 178. I have been slacking of a bit. Have to catch up to the actual episodes.

I love Full Metal Alchemist!

I've watched 6 whole episodes and it's the best thing ever! Can't wait to see how the story pans out - I can't really tell what the main goal of it all will be.