NEurope

Pic

Holy Shite!!

th_costume.gif#cooliris

Best part of the show, along with this:

Chiyochichi.PNG

Hello Everyone!

Edit: I know you're there Ninja Azul unidade 0!!

Yes it amazing, only seen the first film & first TV series now watching the 2nd series. :D

im on the second gig too, got volume 3 and 4 for 7 quid each last week, i love the GITS films too, the second ones very very different but amazing to just watch and it makes you think and your brain will hate you if you see it!

What were you left wondering about? Maybe I can answer your Evangelion-related questions.

Please ask away, it'd give me something to do. Plus it's always nice to help people understand such a brilliant show.

All these years on I'm still learning new things about Evangelion. I've basically given up trying to find the answers myself, instead I obsessively read the musings and discoveries of others. I guess you could say I'm lazy, but I'm not wasting time on groundless theories this way. Saying that, I very much doubt all of Evangelion's mysteries will be uncovered.

As far as remaining questions about a series go, I'm currently reading into the Tenchi Muyo OVA which, for a simple harem comedy on the suface, has been so expansively developed and planned out it's almost terrifying.

It was pretty much eps 25 and 26 i didnt get and

why was asuka with senji at the end of EoE. I thought she died in eva 02 and also why was shinji trying to kill her.

Thoughts please.

It was pretty much eps 25 and 26 i didnt get and

why was asuka with senji at the end of EoE. I thought she died in eva 02 and also why was shinji trying to kill her.

Thoughts please.

As far as I can see, the very ending of the show is open to many different ideas. Firstly, did Asuka really die? After the Eva series jumped on her, we saw what looked like a destroyed arm (note, Asuka's arm in a bandage at the end) - but we never saw the entry plug destroyed. More likely though, since everyone had already turned into LCL and merged into one giant soul before Shinji finally made up his damn mind, Asuka was bought back as an "Eve" to rekindle humanity. I don't remember Shinji trying to kill Asuka, but to be fair I haven't watched it for a while.

And as for 25 and 26, EoE is actually a replacement for those episodes. After the fans were unsatisfied with that ending (which was supposed to be Rei and Ikari Gendo starting Human Instrumentality and an inner struggle in Shinji's mind to accept it and himself) - Anno made EoE. IIRC he recieved death threats (which you actually see pictures of in the movie) and some people think that's why he left the ending of the movie so confusing - typical crazy fans ruining the series. I've also read a theory that episodes 25 and 26 could circle around what happens in Shinji's mind during EoE.

I have to ask

Is shinji actually gay. There is a lot of stuff the proves he isnt but saying you love a guy doesnt exactly make you straight. A lot of people say he is and a lot say isnt. Personally I dont think he is so if someone could clear it up please.

It confused me to no end during the movie.

Well he jerked off over Asuka at some point. Maybe he is sexually frustrated/ confused. But then again that guy was like an angel or something anyway.

I know i was just wondering if anyone had any proof of some sort.

Wow! I just found a song called 'Forces' from an Anime called 'Berserk/er'. It's so amazing!

That is all...

Wow! I just found a song called 'Forces' from an Anime called 'Berserk/er'. It's so amazing!

That is all...

PRAISE THE LORD!! I found a Berserker fan!

LOL! i'm going to start watching it from now on (will download episodes tomorrow night). What a song though :P

That's some seriously good anime. Too bad it's not finished. The manga goes on, but the anime just stoped at some point. There were rumours of a Season 2 coming a few years ago but was apparently vapour.

Signs in to the azumanga gang and brighs required proof:

http://azumangarollinrollindaioh.ytmnd.com/

http://tomowins.ytmnd.com/

http://azumangaspinme.ytmnd.com/

Hello Everyone!

Edit: I know you're there Ninja Azul unidade 0!!

I was not here. Lole owned.

http://azumangomg.ytmnd.com/

(That's actual original japanese voice acting there.)

The following post contains huge spoilers relative to Neon Genesis Evangelion.

With that said, let us begin.

It was pretty much eps 25 and 26 i didnt get

Episodes 25 and 26 of the TV series are basically identical to The End of Evangelion in what is actually happening. These episodes occur as introspective pieces concentrating on several characters but eventually shift primarily to Shinji. It was done this way because the remaining budget was not enough to realise their original plans for episode 25 (of which there are echos in the episode mentioned below).

The resemblance to the first half of The End of Evangelion, AIR, is especially evident by the hints given throughout the episodes. Misato shot dead slumped against a wall, Ritsuko floating face down with a gunshot in her back, the JSSDF invading NERV HQ, Asuka nestled away within Eva-02's entry plug and finally Gendo arriving to collect Rei telling her "it is time".

These are all scenes that occur in The End of Evangelion. Although the series ends on a seemingly happier note, it's still Shinji rejecting a false world and deciding he wants to continue existing in reality. The congratulations he receives at the end show he's matured enough to make the right choice.

If it's the movie ending you're confused by, let's try to rectify that with some answers.

why was asuka with senji at the end of EoE. I thought she died in eva 02

It was said during the breakdown stages of Complementation that all human beings that had been Complemented could return to human form if they had the will to, since the entire thing was renounced by Shinji.

Yui Ikari:

"Don't worry. All living things have the ability to return to their original form... and the heart to go on living."

It is widely accepted that Asuka died in Eva-02. This is why Maya Ibuki goes absolutely insane when the replica spears impale the Eva. That computer was monitoring more than Eva-02's armour, the pilot's lifesigns would have been displayed somewhere as well. Asuka's synch with the Eva was of such a high level at this time that she would have been torn to pieces by the replica spears just as Eva-02 was. She died bravely at that point.

It is known that during Complementation the souls of all human beings will be collected into one. This is the entire aim of the Instrumentality Project, to compliment mankind in an artificial act of evolution bringing all souls together into one singular, perfect god-like being.

Well, SEELE's plan anyway. Gendo has other ideas, but that's not for today's discussion.

But despite dying, Asuka is clearly alive at the end of the movie on the beach. Because of this it is widely assumed her soul was somehow included in Complementation It's not clearly known or stated why, but it's a given her soul became one with everyone elses as she was back alive on the beach at the end and had created bandages to correspond with the wounds she knows herself to have suffered before death.

Wait? Created bandages? This all goes back to a quote from Kaworu/Adam (below) that states it is our hearts that create our appearance, and Yui confirms that everyone still has the heart to go on living.

Kaworu/Adam:

For it is the hearts of people that create their appearance.

Similar to how Shinji's ego created his plug suit when he lost his ego border and was absorbed into Eva-01 (animation error coverup), it's assumed Asuka's bandages were created in the same way. They are entirely non-fuctional as she was suffering from no apparent injury as her hand moves quite functionally at her command (more on this soon).

Asuka is one of the first to return because when she died her will to live was so strong, and so she comes back. It's assumed by some she does not come back right away and Shinji had been alone for enough time to construct the graves you see in the opening shots of the final act of the movie. One of these graves has Misato's cross on it, as Shinji believes her to be dead.

It's unknown if Misato and Ritsuko, who died before Third Impact began as well, can also return. But since the ghostly Rei aparitions appeared before their demise similar to everyone else who was Complimented, the general feeling is they probably can.

It's also thought by some that the reason Asuka can return is that anyone who died around the time of Third Impact had their soul included in Complementation anyway, which if true would mean Misato and Ritsuko would eventually return if they had the will to do so. This theory seems better than the one above, since Asuka had no aparition before her death but is clearly back alive afterwards.

Alternative but uncreated endings to the movie saw Asuka return and kick her grave down proclaiming to Shinji "There's no way I'll let you kill me!". This broken grave is actually shown in the movie among the others. Another ending saw Shinji laying on the beach holding onto someone's hand. He has a brief monologue about how he'll continue to exist and the shot zooms out to show no body is attached to the arm at all. Creepy.

why was shinji trying to kill her.

Shinji wasn't trying to kill Asuka. During Complementation he had choked a cold illusion of Asuka in Misato's apartment when she outright rejected him. This Asuka hung limp in Shinji's grasp and did not react to him choking her.

Once Shinji rejected this unreal world where all hearts and souls had become one, he needed to confirm it was over, to confirm the existence of another separate entity. This is why is choked Asuka, to confirm she was real and that she would react. She did react, and in an unexpected way. Her bandaged, yet functional arm, reached up to caress his cheek.

I believe it is at this point everything overwhelms Shinji and he breaks. It isn't known what his tears are for, but I suppose they're just symbollic of everything that had just happened catching up with him. Plus the tears now show the world is with pain again, and that AT Fields have returned.

Soryu Asuka Langley

How disgusting.

There are so many thoughts on what this final line can mean. Is the thought of having her heart and mind shared with all humanity disgusting to Asuka, or the thought of Shinji crying when she finally showed him some affection? Maybe the fact she could even show someone like Shinji affection? It's unknown.

My personal theory is the line bypasses everything that has happened throughout Complementation, jumping back to the hospital scene where Shinji masturbates over her exposed breasts. She is aware of this and simply responds with her feelings on the matter, that it was a disgusting act.

Perhaps in a way their actions (choking, cheek caress) show they were both trying to see if the other one was indeed real?

As far as I can see, the very ending of the show is open to many different ideas. Firstly, did Asuka really die? After the Eva series jumped on her, we saw what looked like a destroyed arm (note, Asuka's arm in a bandage at the end) - but we never saw the entry plug destroyed. More likely though, since everyone had already turned into LCL and merged into one giant soul before Shinji finally made up his damn mind, Asuka was bought back as an "Eve" to rekindle humanity. I don't remember Shinji trying to kill Asuka, but to be fair I haven't watched it for a while.

And as for 25 and 26, EoE is actually a replacement for those episodes. After the fans were unsatisfied with that ending (which was supposed to be Rei and Ikari Gendo starting Human Instrumentality and an inner struggle in Shinji's mind to accept it and himself) - Anno made EoE. IIRC he recieved death threats (which you actually see pictures of in the movie) and some people think that's why he left the ending of the movie so confusing - typical crazy fans ruining the series. I've also read a theory that episodes 25 and 26 could circle around what happens in Shinji's mind during EoE.

Pretty much spot on, except everyone else who was Complimented can return just like Shinji and Asuka did.

Is shinji actually gay. There is a lot of stuff the proves he isnt but saying you love a guy doesnt exactly make you straight. A lot of people say he is and a lot say isnt. Personally I dont think he is so if someone could clear it up please. It confused me to no end during the movie.

Shinji was at a very messed up point and was unsure of his feelings on Kaworu as any of us are. The fact it is Kaworu/Adam who appears to embrace Eva-01 and Compliment Shinji is proof enough that Shinji had an emotional attachment to Kaworu, and that he did love him as he claimed. Similar figures of emotional attachment appeared to the bridge crew when they were Complimented. Whether there was a sexual interest is unknown, but the masturbation scene with Asuka as well as a number of other situtations in the series seem to prove, to me at least, Shinji was attracted to females.

It doesn't matter either way, Shinji is still a very interesting character. Even more so because of this conflicting sexuality stuff.

Is everything somewhat cleared up now?

It's still all theoretical though, you have to study every line, especially the director's cuts, put them all together and see what logical explanation is supported by everything (Asuka's bandages are the most prominent thing to draw logical theories from) - and that's what most people follow. Nobody knows for sure, except perhaps Hideaki Anno. Maybe not even him.

It's still all theoretical though, you have to study every line, especially the director's cuts, put them all together and see what logical explanation is supported by everything (Asuka's bandages are the most prominent thing to draw logical theories from) - and that's what most people follow. Nobody knows for sure, except perhaps Hideaki Anno. Maybe not even him.

A bit like the matrix, when they started making things up, altho they didnt have a stupid ass kid making unnecessary lines just to make a shity reference to an animation short.

no way am i comparing the quality, lets not turn this into a matrix discussion

With Evangelion I firmly believe there is only one answer to each question, and these answers have either been substantially proven by fans, amassed from various sources or remain unknown to all but Hideaki Anno. Fans try to ween these answers from evidence they find in the series to prove their theory beyond deniability, but the absolute truth of everything may never be known.

It's entirely possible there is no answer for some questions, in which case that is still the absolute true answer. Wow, this absolute truth stuff is crazy.

There's a truth for every person, but there's only one truth that is Anno's truth. That truth is the absolute truth of the Evangelion anime in my honest opinion. It's a shame that view conflicts directly with Anno's view that people should form their own opinion what happened in Evangelion.

Tell me, Anno. TELL ME THE ANSWERS, YOU BASTARD!

Similar to how Shinji's ego created his plug suit when he lost his ego border and was absorbed into Eva-01 (animation error coverup), it's assumed Asuka's bandages were created in the same way. They are entirely non-fuctional as she was suffering from no apparent injury as her hand moves quite functionally at her command (more on this soon).

I think you'r wrong on this one, or am i the one mistaken? Shinji is naked when he gets back to the world and when he is absorbed into EVA-01 he lefts his suit behing because the suit is not part of him, obviously.

Evangelion will continue to be milked like there's no tomorrow, so maybe one day we'll get some official stuff that answers some questions, like the Red Cross Book.

I think you'r wrong on this one, or am i the one mistaken? Shinji is naked when he gets back to the world and when he is absorbed into EVA-01 he lefts his suit behing because the suit is not part of him, obviously.

Interesting point. What follow are some scattered thoughts on the matter - it's really late.

The entire sequence is here for reference, handily.

In the anime, Shinji isn't even wearing his plug suit when he is absorbed into Eva-01. There was an animation error whereby his plug suit was drawn to be floating in the LCL rather than the clothes he was actually wearing.

They rectified this by saying that Shinji's ego created the suit within the plug, which can be considered a canon explanation for it being there seeing as it was actually given as a reason (despite it actually being an error in the art department of GAiNAX). Apparently from this we can derive that our self image/ego can somehow create materials and clothing?

Ego is the only explanation I can offer to explain Asuka's bandages and her plug suit on the beach, it's highly unlikely they were able to find a plug suit after the Third Impact so I'm simply assuming she reformed in them, not to mention Shinji clearly returned in clothes after bidding Yui farewell.

Regardless of that, the fact given that in the Eva universe your ego can create clothes and materials seems to be reason enough to link that to Asuka's plugsuit/bandages. I guess Shinji was simply naked inside the Eva throughout his hallucinations and that's why he reforms without anything on. Then again he was naked in parts of Third Impact too, especially the later parts before he returns.

But everyone who is complimented leaves their clothes behind, so how would there even be sufficient materials in the soul brew or whatever they're all swimming around in as one to create clothes when they return? They'd be literally creating garments out of nothing. AUGH. MY HEAD IS BURNING!

I'm done thinking about this. It's probably another one of Evangelion's crazy errors/mysteries there for fans to mull over for centuries. Well, not this guy!

[edit]

Who am I kidding? Of course I'm going to keep thinking about it...