NEurope

There are some things I love to see in the original Japanese. The perfect example is "nakama" in One Piece. Also I love to see the moves like "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu" rather than "Shadow Clone technique". But "Keikaku"?? Why :wtf: It's almost like the fansub group was trying to join in some kind of cool fad, and made the dumbest choice ever.

Is nakama crew or friends?

Or a kind of mixture of the two we don't have a word for?

From what I have gathered, 'nakama' is like best/close friends. But rather than translate it, just try to get a good understanding of whaqt it conveys imo as it seems to cover both plural and singular use.

There are some things I love to see in the original Japanese. The perfect example is "nakama" in One Piece. Also I love to see the moves like "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu" rather than "Shadow Clone technique". But "Keikaku"?? Why :wtf: It's almost like the fansub group was trying to join in some kind of cool fad, and made the dumbest choice ever.

Yeah i like the japanese version, i'd rather they stuck a wee note at the top rather than use english for a while then change it to japanese version...

I didn't know there was 5 FMA OVAs. I think one of them is a recap of the entire series. 1 of them is pretty good, through the eyes of a State Alchemist. It's not entirely that but it's good when it is.

A second season would be so nice.

I didn't know there was 5 FMA OVAs. I think one of them is a recap of the entire series. 1 of them is pretty good, through the eyes of a State Alchemist. It's not entirely that but it's good when it is.

Which reminds me, I still haven't watched the FMA movie yet. Shame on me! XD

Which reminds me, I still haven't watched the FMA movie yet. Shame on me! XD

FMA movie finishes the anime story. Manga story is on a different arc and still on going, though it feels as if it is coming to a close.

Kids OVA

Chibi Party OVA

State Alchemist OVA

One where some Homunculi talk about events in anime

No idea what the last one is actually.

Only seen the first 3 actually though. Might give the Chibi Party and State Alchemist one a watch again. Follow up would be godly, but I want OVAs made from the manga, would be awesome to see all the new stuff animated.

Kids OVA

Chibi Party OVA

State Alchemist OVA

One where some Homunculi talk about events in anime

No idea what the last one is actually.

Only seen the first 3 actually though. Might give the Chibi Party and State Alchemist one a watch again. Follow up would be godly, but I want OVAs made from the manga, would be awesome to see all the new stuff animated.

The last one is a Live action one. They just take a massive statue of Al an go on a mini journey with it.

Is the manga still going? I think I'm gonna start reading that.

Ah so it is.

Yea the manga is still going on in Japan just, since it comes out monthly it only has 83 chapters, but each chapter is really long, 30-40 pages or so. You should really read it.

Ah so it is.

Yea the manga is still going on in Japan just, since it comes out monthly it only has 83 chapters, but each chapter is really long, 30-40 pages or so. You should really read it.

I just checked wiki and it confirmed what you said. I tried to read the first chapter just now but the scrolling and having to click through pages isn't something I want to do. I think I'll continue buying this one. I need a manga that passes my Death Note collection on my wall, even if there's no room.

From what I have gathered, 'nakama' is like best/close friends. But rather than translate it, just try to get a good understanding of whaqt it conveys imo as it seems to cover both plural and singular use.
Nakama is kind of a mixture of crew and friends, like you said. I think good translations would be "comrade" or "companion". Someone you work with and trust, like teammates in a war or something. If Luffy had just shouted to Nami at arlong park "we are FRIEEENDS" or "CREWMAAATES!" it wouldn't really have had the same feel to me.

I just checked wiki and it confirmed what you said. I tried to read the first chapter just now but the scrolling and having to click through pages isn't something I want to do. I think I'll continue buying this one. I need a manga that passes my Death Note collection on my wall, even if there's no room.

The manga I read I just download so I just need to click to the next page. I buy the FMA manga though, much better having the actual volumes in person. Just a pain to wait for the new volume to come out.

Soul eater manga is EPIC! Can't wait for the anime to catch up to what I just read! Well up there with bleach, naruto and claymore. Battle angel alita has gone slightly off the boil for me but hopefully it will start making sense again. *just got up to date on a bunch of manga*

I am so tempted to read the Soul Manga! ^______^

But I'm not sure whether I want to! I think I want the anime to suprise and excite me so I'm holding off! :) (for now :heh:)

I am so tempted to read the Soul Manga! ^______^

But I'm not sure whether I want to! I think I want the anime to suprise and excite me so I'm holding off! :) (for now :heh:)

Tried that, and thanks to a friend of mine, failed at it. But just makes me so much more hyped for the anime though. Don't think I will be reading anymore of the manga though anytime soon.

I started reading the Soul Eater manga recently, been getting in 5 chapters a day, just finished chapter 30... I must say, I am thoroughly enjoying it!

haruhi2tl3.th.jpg

Bad news for Suzumiya Haruhi fans.

No 2nd series of the "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" because it has been canceled. :sad:

A new KyoAni anime is rumour to be called "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

Hint:The new series is rumour to be about Vol 4: "The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi" were Kyon is trap in a alternate universe without Haruhi Suzumiya.

No 2nd series of the "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" because it has been canceled. :sad:

WTF

Dont say things like that.

Finally some sort of news on Haruhi. Wonder when we'll get a date for when it's going to start.

I'd heard about that a while back. 'Tis a bit of a shame.

But at least there's still some more stuff from the Haruhi universe popping around, so it isn't all bad...

Well it was never going to called 'The Melancholy of Haruhi : Season 2' or anything though because it's called different names for each volume of manga/light novel.

There is no point in living any more....i'm going to throw myself off the nearest bridge.

Been watching Hell Girl for a while now and it's pretty good. Might consider taking a look at the second series.

Soul Eater manga is great.

The Anime is really only building up for now, it will get a lot better ^^

BTW: I can't see one thing, each chapter in the Manga is equal to one episode in the Anime, there are 48 chapters, the first one (0), is equal to 3 episodes in the Anime.

With that said, how the hell are they able to make the anime in 51 episodes, if the manga isn't finished and its alreeady in 48 chapters?

Edit: Also, what's hapenning in the translation? Chapter 48 isn't out for 11 days