NEurope

haruhi2tl3.th.jpg

Bad news for Suzumiya Haruhi fans.

No 2nd series of the "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" because it has been canceled. :sad:

A new KyoAni anime is rumour to be called "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

Hint:The new series is rumour to be about Vol 4: "The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi" were Kyon is trap in a alternate universe without Haruhi Suzumiya.

Wow, this post was made of complete fail.

Masse I have no clue either whats up with the Soul Eater scanlations, I know they are behind as I've seen glimpses of the future and I really wish I hadnt.

Soul Eater manga is great.

The Anime is really only building up for now, it will get a lot better ^^

BTW: I can't see one thing, each chapter in the Manga is equal to one episode in the Anime, there are 48 chapters, the first one (0), is equal to 3 episodes in the Anime.

With that said, how the hell are they able to make the anime in 51 episodes, if the manga isn't finished and its alreeady in 48 chapters?

Edit: Also, what's hapenning in the translation? Chapter 48 isn't out for 11 days

Stuff like the examination and the start of a new day chapters could easily be made into 10 minutes i reckon

Even if that's true, it would make more than 51 episodes, i mean, i don't believe Soul Eater will finish after the Arachno something, we still have to find one more witch, and i believe there will be something like 80/90/100 chapters, if something like Excalibur takes one entire episode, how the hell are they gonna put that many chapters in 51 episodes? Sorry, it simply doesn't work

Edit: Btw, speaking of Manga (i'l use this thread for Anime and Manga), im reading Fairy Tail, its funny, with a character just like Luffy, but still, i don't like the story of: "Taking one mission, then taking another, then taking another, etc.", sometimes it's kinda boring

^ that system is, to me, what made the Devil May Cry anime suck.

Can someone explain Dante's post to me? I started watching Haruhi, in part, to be up to date for the 2nd season and now its canceled?

Anyone didnt notice the rest of my post?

haruhi2tl3.th.jpg

Bad news for Suzumiya Haruhi fans.

No 2nd series of the "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" because it has been canceled. :sad:

A new KyoAni anime is rumour to be called "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

Hint:The new series is rumour to be about Vol 4: "The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi" were Kyon is trap in a alternate universe without Haruhi Suzumiya.

So in short, it's another Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi but it's just a Haruhi, no melancholy? It's another anime with Haruhi in it, but technically not because she's gone missing?

You could've just said that...

I'd read elsewhere is was gonna be based on the light novels. Didn't think much of it.

Yes, basically. I imagine she'll pop up occasionally. :p

The story takes place from December 17 until December 24 a month after the cultural festival. On December 17, everything is normal—the SOS Brigade plans to have a nabe party for Christmas.

But on December 18, Kyon arrives at school to find everything has changed—Haruhi Suzumiya is missing, and Ryoko Asakura is a normal student. Kyon is the only one who notices anything different. Nagato is an ordinary human, and Mikuru does not recognize him. The only clue is a bookmark left by the alien version of Nagato, which leads Kyon on a quest back in time, where he interacts with the storyline from "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", trying to sort out the mystery and return to his own time line. Although Ryoko is not a humanoid interface she is still a psychotic murderer who does not hesitate to stab Kyon to protect Nagato.

Novels names:

vol1: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

vol2: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya

vol3: The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya

vol4: The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi

vol5: The Rashness of Haruhi Suzumiya

vol6: The Disturbance of Haruhi Suzumiya

vol7: The Scheme of Haruhi Suzumiya

vol8: The Anger of Haruhi Suzumiya

vol9: The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya

vol10: The Astonishment of Haruhi Suzumiya

Interesting, the series has such amazing charm and humour and KyoAni did a great adaption, I hope the whole thing gets a series.

I can't believe people actually thought it was cancelled...

Even from the rest of the post and what I said, it just didn't click for people :heh:

As has been said, it was never really cancelled, a second "melancholy" would never really have existed. All the novels had seperate titles and any anime series that appears is likely to be based off of one of each of them. They all have the same characters and exist in the same universe, though.

Dunno if peoples are still watching but

What the hell is happening with sora? is he like a half beast thing like gaara was? or something else =S oh and did that woman steal narutos chakra until she reached the fox or has he gained it all back?

Soooo wait a sec.

The first series is based on the first novel, but the second is based on the 4th(?) that makes... Very little sense.

As for Haruhi herself, she'll not be on much? But her antics were basically one of the key points of the show. Gahhh...

Dunno if peoples are still watching but

What the hell is happening with sora? is he like a half beast thing like gaara was? or something else =S oh and did that woman steal narutos chakra until she reached the fox or has he gained it all back?

Meh it's filler. Expect these questions to go unanswered. And man does the animation quality really dip at times. I mean heck, the faces change shape, and the eye placement is all over the place!

Soooo wait a sec.

The first series is based on the first novel, but the second is based on the 4th(?) that makes... Very little sense.

As for Haruhi herself, she'll not be on much? But her antics were basically one of the key points of the show. Gahhh...

And add to that the fact that half the episodes of the first season aren't even from the first novel, but from several other. I have no idea how they'll be able to continue this.

I thought the Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was obvious months ago? It was pretty much confirmed by ANN in January after the Haruhi Website had a countdown and then dissapeared, leaving a Yuki Nagato style message (thats what I read).

Also, remember that the first series wasnt in order either, so the team can still work with it. Not many people are going to be fans with it ofcourse, but after the jumble and the multiple ways to view the first series, I have faith.

Soooo wait a sec.

haruhinew1vk0.th.jpg

A young version, normal one and other world version (japanese magazine cover).

All this happens in novel 3 and 4 in mixed chapters.

The time-line can be found here.

Japanese magazine HQ scans can be found here.

haruhinew1vk0.th.jpg

A young version, normal one and other world version (japanese magazine cover).

All this happens in novel 3 and 4 in mixed chapters.

The time-line can be found here.

Japanese magazine HQ scans can be found here.

I have been dying to ask you two things Dante:

1. How the hell do you find the time to get all this news for all these different subjects?

2. Where do you get all these sources of information?

Its very much appreciated though :smile:

From my mind which remember things and from sources ie Neogaf boards and anime blogs.

I did used to wonder, Dante, how the hell you found all the news and stuff...

...sorry, I just became rather hypnotised by your avatar. :heart:

I thought the Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was obvious months ago? It was pretty much confirmed by ANN in January after the Haruhi Website had a countdown and then dissapeared, leaving a Yuki Nagato style message (thats what I read).

Also, remember that the first series wasnt in order either, so the team can still work with it. Not many people are going to be fans with it ofcourse, but after the jumble and the multiple ways to view the first series, I have faith.

I thought it had been confirmed awhile ago too. :) I certainly new it was the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I have faith that they will do this right. I still can't wait for it. :D

Haruhi is awesome because it dared to be different, yet people now want more of the same. I say, let them do what they want!

Soooo wait a sec.

That's not really that weird for a series that didn't even air its episodes in chronological order.

For fans of Manga, here is a great recomendation:

Mirai Nikki, if you aren't reading this, you deserve to die.

I frankly think that this is as good, or even better than Death Note, its so great