Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

European Wii Preorders

Charlie

I have one ordered at Gameplay aswell and its still not moving. Funny thing is isnt Gameplay owned by Game? So surely they should send them out at the same time?

Exactly.... well now im sitting in the queue of 18 people to see what Gameplay have to say for themselfs... i will let you know what they say.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first time in 1,5 years I'm glad to be living in this little shitty place called Narvik.

I went to my local electronics shop and looked for the Wii. Nothing to be found, not even a poster or a note. So I asked the guy behind the counter if they were planning to get any Wiis at all? He checked his computer and told me that they were getting 8 Machines in on Friday. Oh joy! Nobody had preordered or anything so I told him to hold one off for me just to be safe.

Other than that they were getting 1 copy of NFS:Carbon and 4 copies of Zelda:TP. So I told him to hold off a copy of Zelda for me aswell.

Hooray for me and Narvik!

I just find it a little annoying that some sites are like "But its not out till friday and we wont brake street date" when they can clearly send it out early because the other sites are doing it already.

Its like when Wind Waker came out... someone broke street date and i went to Game and picked it up a day early... on the thursday.

Well whats the point in a website saying the Wii is shipped when you wont get it till fri anyway ?

Every game I have got from Gamplay I got it a day early so they always break the street date

I prob wont get my Wii games early this time because they will come with the Wii

Well you know as well as i do that if they Ship today... which they have from Game that people should get them tomorow or Wednesday.

From Gameplay staff member:

Indeedy, despatching on Thursday with Parcel Force to arrive Friday between 9am and 6pm

We will be charging cards and putting the packages together on Tuesday and Wednesday so you may receive an email about despatch then, but it won't actually leave until Thursday

And so what if you get the game early ? what are you going to do with it ?

NO one will get there Wii before fri

Wooo HMV finally confirmed that I'll be getting a Wii at launch!

Only problem is that they're not having a midnight launch like I thought they were :( Got 2 hours of lectures at nine on Friday then 2 more at 1 and then my girlfriend arrives for the weekend at 3. She said she doesn't mind if I just play Wii but I know she'll be in a grump if I do even a little bit. It pretty much means I'll only have 1 and a half hours of solid Wii time before Monday - Nooooo!

Preordered: Twilight Princess, Wii:Play, extra nunchuck and a classic controller. I think that'll do fine for now :)

Only problem is that they're not having a midnight launch like I thought they were :( Got 2 hours of lectures at nine on Friday then 2 more at 1 and then my girlfriend arrives for the weekend at 3. She said she doesn't mind if I just play Wii but I know she'll be in a grump if I do even a little bit. It pretty much means I'll only have 1 and a half hours of solid Wii time before Monday - Nooooo!

Preordered: Twilight Princess, Wii:Play, extra nunchuck and a classic controller. I think that'll do fine for now :)

Lucky for me that i preordered mine at Gamestation in the Arndale and they ARE doing a midnight opening. so i should be home (by picadilly station ish) for about 12.30am on friday morning playing Zelda hopefully by 1.30am cos i wanna play Wii Sports first :D

the only lectures i have are 2 hours of Japanese at 10 and then a Genes, Evolution and Development lecture at 1 which i might skip :p

Just checked mine and the console and Zelda have been DISPATCHED from Game aswell. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

My order with Game.co.uk has gone from pending this morning to despatched wohoo bring on Wiiday! :yay:

I think you'll find if you check the order tracking (where you have to put your order number in) rather than the orders status you'll find it's still being picked and packed.

I just rang PCWorld about my pre-order (online) to be told it won't be dispatched until 8/12!! :nono::angry: This had better be a mistake by their sales guy. I wouldn't care as I am also picking one up on launch from Game (for my Sis - but maybe mine now!! :laughing: ) but the problem is I ordered a bundle from PCWorld and the games will be delayed if true.... and I'll be sitting around with only WiiSports on launch day... how shit. Anyone else heard something different from them??

I just rang PCWorld about my pre-order (online) to be told it won't be dispatched until 8/12!! This had better be a mistake by their sales guy. I wouldn't care as I am also picking one up on launch from Game (for my Sis - but maybe mine now!! :laughing: ) but the problem is I ordered a bundle from PCWorld and the games will be delayed if true.... how shit. Anyone else heard something different from them??

You never know they might use a decent delivery firm to drop it off separately.

Yeah I thought there would be a midnight launch too, luckily I have this Friday off work so I'm just gonna go and pick it up first thing in the morning.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!