NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Game has just cancelled Gameplay's staff Wii pre-orders. Apparently, Gameplay staff pre-ordering from gameplay arent gameplay customers, so their pre-orders have just been cancelled!:cool:

Harsh. srjhmtdfxhmddhmtdthdgdjh,gj,fdt

Ordered a Component Cable and Zelda, but had to cancel and re-order because i realised I had put in the wrong payment details

The Times is reporting that Amazon.com sold out in 60 seconds.

They got some funking good servers.

60 seconds?! it was pretty fast (but surely not that fast?) and the page was going mental, cos I one clicked and it wasn't working reloaded the page and it said it was unavailable reloaded and ordered it, then went back the page was still up for abit, after a few refreshes though it was gone. surely that was longer than 60 seconds? I even had time to post twice on here.

In The Sun they reported 7mins.

Amzon.com could of been a minute and Amazon.co.uk could of been 7 minutes.Times could of meant the US amazon or made a typo.

This is The Sun we're talking about here.....

Are you sure? After all, wouldnt the headline be 'WII PRE-ORDERS ON AMAZON SELL OUT BEFORE PRE-ORDERS START'?

Are you sure? After all, wouldnt the headline be 'WII PRE-ORDERS ON AMAZON SELL OUT BEFORE PRE-ORDERS START'?

Yeah, haha. Or maybe "Wii bi a Wii on Amazon"

The Sun is reporting on Amazon.co.uk (7 minutes)

The Times is reporting on Amazon.com ("less than" 60 seconds)

That's why I added the domain type.

Big deal for the largest online retailer in the world.. in effect it should make Wii the fastest selling product in history if Amazon.com has enough stock.

Yeah I think the sun were right, just cos 60 seconds seems way to fast, it took me longer than 60 secs from when people posted on here first that it had started to me going through the checkout with mine.

I'm not saying The Sun has told the truth but that they are closer to the truth!

Not quick enough for Amazon and I've still not got a pre-order for the Wii.

However of the people I have spoken to who have a confirmed pre-order only seem to have ordered a couple of games ... Wii Sports, Twilight Princess and Wii Play or something.

You would hope these supposed "nintendo fanboys/girls" would be getting all the launch games. Otherwise Nintendo would seem to be wasting it's time targeting them as customers.

Put your money where your nintendo fanboy/girl-ism is!

However of the people I have spoken to who have a confirmed pre-order only seem to have ordered a couple of games ... Wii Sports, Twilight Princess and Wii Play or something.

You would hope these supposed "nintendo fanboys/girls" would be getting all the launch games. Otherwise Nintendo would seem to be wasting it's time targeting them as customers.

just cos someones a fanboy doesn't mean they'd buy every launch games!

Not quick enough for Amazon and I've still not got a pre-order for the Wii.

That's a really silly thing to say. You'd have to be extremely rich (and stupid) to buy all the launch games. Seriously.

I consider myself a Nintendo fangirl, but I'm only getting Twilight Princess on launch (and of course Wii Sports) and asking for Wii Play for Christmas. Does that make me a bad customer? I don't think so. Maybe you're just jealous of all the people who did get a pre-order in...

Yeah, it doesn''t make to much sense that someone would be pumping thousand euros on one launch if the games are mediocore...

Hahahaha, who buys all the launch games? Thats a few grand or so right there. Most people buy one or two. Three at the most.

The way it looks for me right now is 4, maybe 5. But I'm crazy, and I know it. I can't see most people getting more than, like, Zelda + one more game at launch though.

3 is the complete maximum I'd buy. for me it's Zelda, COD 3 and either Monkey Ball/Rayman, usually would get a racer but none appeal to me, which gets me down, so gonna plump for those 3.

I'm getting 3. Zelda will last me for a very long time, Red Steel will probably last a while., however i might get rid of that later on to get COD3. Wii Play will last me the entire life of my Wii probably, i see many times playing that with family/friends.

I will pick up Madden afterwards, when i get some money, I will be clean out after buying it.

Zelda/Wii Play (gotta have the Wiimote anyway, and this makes for cheapness)/Monkey Ball/Red Steel or COD3 (probably Red Steel)/Maybe Rayman.

Is how it's looking now, anyway. I might ditch the FPSs and get Rayman instead though, but I feel like a FPS, with the new controller and all.

Might also ditch Rayman and get NFS: Carbon as I loved Most Wanted to death and still do. I haven't heard much good about it though So I dunno. I feel like a racer too.. I want Excitetruck. :(

That's a really silly thing to say. You'd have to be extremely rich (and stupid) to buy all the launch games. Seriously.

I consider myself a Nintendo fangirl, but I'm only getting Twilight Princess on launch (and of course Wii Sports) and asking for Wii Play for Christmas. Does that make me a bad customer? I don't think so. Maybe you're just jealous of all the people who did get a pre-order in...

Wait.. GIRL?