NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Wow, Amazon.co.uk is sold out of Monkey Ball. I'm glad I preordered mine last night....

If you're worried about games you really shouldn't be, although that said this isn't a good sign. Either they were expecting a low amount of preorders for MB or it's gotten really high popularity.

Either way, if you want to do it online, I'd get your preorder for games in ASAP.

[i doubt game.co.uk/HMV etc are sold out of Monkey Ball btw, just Amazon it would seem.]

It could be that you're not getting one of the first batch of Wii's (Theres a second shipment a few days after launch... maybe you're getting one of those... The game however prob isn't as popular so you're getting that for launch... maybe.

hmm hope this isnt the case and doubt it, everyone else seems to be like this, surely we all couldn't have been that unlucky to miss the 1st lot?

Its odd isn't it the way many retailers seen to think there will be shortages of games as well. Unheard of in my day other than with OOT

I think i've figured it. Those with dodgy dates, go to your order. Change the delivery to first class (if it already is unselect and reselect) and it'll change the date to the 8th :)

I think i've figured it. Those with dodgy dates, go to your order. Change the delivery to first class (if it already is unselect and reselect) and it'll change the date to the 8th :)

I assume you're talking about amazon?

If so, I'm in my order and see no way of changing the delivery options. It just says first class.

Delivery estimate: 14 Dec 2006 - 15 Dec 2006

I assume you're talking about amazon?

If so, I'm in my order and see no way of changing the delivery options. It just says first class.

Delivery estimate: 14 Dec 2006 - 15 Dec 2006

Yes Amazon. Go into your order. It'll say "Delivery option". Go into that page and you'll have a list of three options. Select say Express then reselect First Class and click "Confirm". Seems wierd but if it's like mine it'll change the date to the 8th.

Hm. How odd. I have the option to change delivery options on Zelda but not on the console.

Might have something to do with "Processing", which appeared earlier.

Wow, Amazon.co.uk is sold out of Monkey Ball. I'm glad I preordered mine last night....

If you're worried about games you really shouldn't be, although that said this isn't a good sign. Either they were expecting a low amount of preorders for MB or it's gotten really high popularity.

Either way, if you want to do it online, I'd get your preorder for games in ASAP.

[i doubt game.co.uk/HMV etc are sold out of Monkey Ball btw, just Amazon it would seem.]

God thats one of the games I want

Hm. How odd. I have the option to change delivery options on Zelda but not on the console.

Might have something to do with "Processing", which appeared earlier.

That is wierd. Well I can only tell you how I did mine. It's likely they're delivery dates are all buggered so you might get it on the 8th regardless of what it says.

Something about ToysRUs and Argos worry me. I don't think they are as maticulously organized as the likes of Amazon and GAME (at least on this Wii launch). Argos highstreet stores are currently offering to deliver Wii "in 2-3 days". You also have to pay the full amount when you make the order.

I kinda tried that already, because it said the 14th I changed it to next day delivery, which boosted it about £10-15 and still said the 14th. Changed it back to first class and the date hasn't changed. I'll send them a stern email later.

The kind of people who shop in either Toys 'r' us or Argos are typically buying Christmas presents.. they want it delivered and they want it cheap.

As long as it's there by Christmas they don't give a damn.. you fail to see that each year there's a Christmas post rush and all couriers are put under pressure.

I wouldn't be suprised if most mail order Wiis come on the 9th or 10th. It's Christmas ffs.

I kinda tried that already, because it said the 14th I changed it to next day delivery, which boosted it about £10-15 and still said the 14th. Changed it back to first class and the date hasn't changed. I'll send them a stern email later.

Yeh I would. It makes no sense for the majority to have launch date arrivals and some to have a few days later. I think they just fucked it up at their end. Especially if you're willing to pay First Class for the privalege.

As long as it's there by Christmas they don't give a damn

Yeah thats a good point actually. I guess it's the people who want to put it under their christmas trees.

It's just that I was so surprised when Argos store offered to deliver Wii on the 23rd of November (yes, November) if I placed an order and made full payment on 20th. Putting aside the whole christmas thing, you've got to admit THAT is weird. It's almost as if their central database is clueless about what Wii actually is. That's why I was saying something about it seems dodgy.

Their website seems to be doing alright. So that's cool. As for woolworths website, they are guaranteeing a wii on the launch week so I suspect that's another loose one - for "under the christmas tree" people.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!

As a long time lurker (some people may remember me as TheOnlyJaz) I was with you all this morning at 8:55 in hyper-refresh-mode. I was with you when people were calling BS at 9:25. And at 9:30 I had to go to take my girlfriend to work.........I got home at 10:30

Cough

Needless to say, I am fuming as now I must rely on Woolworths to guarantee me a Wii anywhere near to the 8th of December. So all I can say, is.....FUCKING WOMEN!!!! GET THE BLOODY BUS NEXT TIME!!!!

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!

As a long time lurker (some people may remember me as TheOnlyJaz) I was with you all this morning at 8:55 in hyper-refresh-mode. I was with you when people were calling BS at 9:25. And at 9:30 I had to go to take my girlfriend to work.........I got home at 10:30

Cough

Needless to say, I am fuming as now I must rely on Woolworths to guarantee me a Wii anywhere near to the 8th of December. So all I can say, is.....FUCKING WOMEN!!!! GET THE BLOODY BUS NEXT TIME!!!!

I remember that name, from C-E? Yeh that sucks man. Maybe there are some local Comet/Dixons stores that aren't too popular you could try on the day?

I remember that name, from C-E? Yeh that sucks man. Maybe there are some local Comet/Dixons stores that aren't too popular you could try on the day?

Well what i'm hoping, is because SHE works at Tesco, I can walk in that week and get one hows-your-father style. Oh, and plus 20% discount thank you very much.

Well what i'm hoping, is because SHE works at Tesco, I can walk in that week and get one hows-your-father style. Oh, and plus 20% discount thank you very much.

As good a plan as any, everyone's overlooked Tesco. Plus you get it cheaper damn you :wink:

Yes Amazon. Go into your order. It'll say "Delivery option". Go into that page and you'll have a list of three options. Select say Express then reselect First Class and click "Confirm". Seems wierd but if it's like mine it'll change the date to the 8th.

hmm this sounds odd, iv got mine to first class yet it says 14th/15th best have a tinker with it.

The kind of people who shop in either Toys 'r' us or Argos are typically buying Christmas presents.. they want it delivered and they want it cheap.

As long as it's there by Christmas they don't give a damn.. you fail to see that each year there's a Christmas post rush and all couriers are put under pressure.

I wouldn't be suprised if most mail order Wiis come on the 9th or 10th. It's Christmas ffs.

Ill say it once again, since you seem quite happy to post shit on here. I recieved my 360 from Argos at 8am on the morning of release. Thats before everyone else, bar midnight openings, got one. Argos have a huge courier fleet as well as being an absolutely huge company. More turnover than Amazon, GAME and many others combined. They and Tesco's recieve huge amounts of consoles and no-one i know who placed a 360 order was let down. Now stop talking rubbish mate, your doing nothing but scare mongering.

People here are worried enough about recieving a console on release without you spouting speculative crap.

Yeah thats a good point actually. I guess it's the people who want to put it under their christmas trees.

It's just that I was so surprised when Argos store offered to deliver Wii on the 23rd of November (yes, November) if I placed an order and made full payment on 20th. Putting aside the whole christmas thing, you've got to admit THAT is weird. It's almost as if their central database is clueless about what Wii actually is. That's why I was saying something about it seems dodgy.

Their website seems to be doing alright. So that's cool. As for woolworths website, they are guaranteeing a wii on the launch week so I suspect that's another loose one - for "under the christmas tree" people.

The reason it says Novemeber is because Argos dont usually provide a preordering system. Thats why you pay straight away, thats why it gives a dispatch date two days after you place an order. The system they use has not been confiqured correctly for preordering. It would cost money to change these minor faults and company choose to ignore tham rather than pay to rejig their system.

:shakehead

Woke up at 8:45 this morning and waited eagerly until the Wii appeared. I must have got one quite quickly since there could have only been a few seconds between refreshes where the buying options appeared. One click preorder didn't work so I just added it to my basket. Preordered Zelda and Monkey Ball last night.

Luckily everything says the delivery date should be the 8th - 9th December. Unlucky for the people who have anything saying otherwise...although they said they would stop preorders once they sold out, I can't help but feel that their preorder system seemed a bit bugged. Could be getting theirs a week later.

Luckily everything says the delivery date should be the 8th - 9th December. Unlucky for the people who have anything saying otherwise...although they said they would stop preorders once they sold out, I can't help but feel that their preorder system seemed a bit bugged. Could be getting theirs a week later.

it won't be coming a week later...messed about with it changing from express then back to first class, now it says:

View or change order

Items not yet dispatched:

Delivery estimate: 8 Dec 2006

* 1 of: Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)

Yeh but some people said despite changing to first class they still had a later date. Who knows then.

While I was at Gamestation today I pre-orded Zelda and Red Steel just to be safe. I didn't pre-order Wii Play as I don't think it will be that popular.