NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

I'm 21 and Shadow is 22 at the same Gamestation......

Still low in the list, i'm 99% sure both of you will get a Wii on launch day!

Still low in the list, i'm 99% sure both of you will get a Wii on launch day!

And Zero is 23 on the list.I reckon they will know their initial allocation next week sometime.

And Zero is 23 on the list.I reckon they will know their initial allocation next week sometime.

I'm number 3 in my local Gamestation, preordered in September.

I'll try and see how many my Gamestation is getting but no-one seems to know there....i'm sure if you preordered early enough with a deposit, you'll get one.

Good Luck ShadowV7k, you won't need any luck though. ;)

EDITED to save more aggro from people.

I'm getting so hyped for the Launch day. Im taking the day off collee despite having 3 days off this week because of 'illness'.

Being first in the book for preordering is great. I'll be there when the doors open !!!:D:D

Am I right in thinking if Amazon have sold out of an item (or their allocations of them) they stop taking preorders? So for instance they have stopped taking orders on Monkey Ball, remotes and nunchuks? but not on Zelda so guessing they still have plenty of Zelda to sell? I preordered mine on the day I ordered the Wii, just don't wanna not have Zelda come day one!

I ordered Zelda on the day as well, along with Monkey ball, and I shoved WiiPlay in there as well because of the remote with it at only £3 dearer deal. I assume they'll come in on the day though the order says 8th or 9th, so could possibly get them the next day. But I assume it'll be fine!

If there's any probs and it hasn't been dispatched I'd prob head to a shop and buy what I want on the day. I stuck them all in the same order as the Wii to save on postage as well so it should come in about the same time I would guess (although I'm aware they say they'll send the Wii's out separate to make sure they arrive on the day).

I also ordered a nunchuck controler from Play so I have the ability for two players when I get it, it sucks that you gotta buy the remote and nunchuck separate considering the fact that you'll want both for most games.

I'm gonna be skint after this!::shrug:

I went in to Game yesterday to pre order some games and accessories but the guy said that I couldn't pre order anything because there's going to be a shortage. Now isn't the whole fucking point of pre ordering so you can get the shit that you want???????

Is it just my Game that is doing this because it sounds like he is talking shit.

I'm number 3 in my local Gamestation, preordered in September. I'll be cancelling it on December 9th and someone else can have it, if my Gameplay one works correctly after playing it for about 5+ hours straight on launch day. I would hate to get my Gameplay one and it breaks after 10 minutes, like a extremely small majority of the USA ones. :grin: (Not funny, fingers crossed that don't happen!).

So you're going to deprive someone the chance of getting one on launch day on the slight chance that one of yours wont work? That seems very selfish to me, even if it is only one day.

Ha ha ha ........ I'm getting mine wii early by the looks of it HMV YOU ARE THE GREATEST

Dear XXXX XXXXXX,

Just a quick e-mail to let you know we've despatched the following items in your order no XXXXXXX, on: 2006-11-23

1 DEP NINTENDO WII CONSOLE NINTENDO WII CONSOLE: INC REMO GBP 179.99

SubTotal: GBP 179.99

Shipping & Handling: GBP 00.00

Total: GBP 179.99

All amounts are in UK pounds.

You know shops don't even have them yet?

Most likely they've just charged your credit/debit card and that is the automatic email that gets sent out when that happens.

I went in to Game yesterday to pre order some games and accessories but the guy said that I couldn't pre order anything because there's going to be a shortage. Now isn't the whole fucking point of pre ordering so you can get the shit that you want???????

Is it just my Game that is doing this because it sounds like he is talking shit.

wtf thats just silly.

I went in an preorded a couple games and the component cable and nothing was said about shortages. It doesnt mak any sense, if you're talking about GAME, the high street not an independant retailer then thats sill imo. Each store would/should get a fair amount of stock of games and accessories.

So you're going to deprive someone the chance of getting one on launch day on the slight chance that one of yours wont work? That seems very selfish to me, even if it is only one day.

They should have been faster preordering. It's only one day, may even cancel on launch day!

Surely everyone whos preordered more then 1 console is selfish then? I can't see hardly anyone cancelling their preorders of any of their wiis any-day before the 8th just incase their main preorder falls through.

Think what you want. I personally don't believe i'm being selfish or spoilt or anything else.....

i'm well fucking worried now.

got my preorder 29/09. thought i'd be okay. rang them up (Gamestation in the Arndale) today they said that they'd probs be getting about 100 ish in, then i asked what preorder number i was and they're too busy to check right now but i'd be around the 100 mark-well fucked off!!!

i'm really prepared to do ANYTHING to get it on the 8th now. i'm going to have a contingency plan just in case involving hitting every fucking games/electronics/woolworths/hmv in the whole of god damn greater manchester.

got my preorder 29/09. thought i'd be okay. rang them up (Gamestation in the Arndale) today they said that they'd probs be getting about 100 ish in, then i asked what preorder number i was and they're too busy to check right now but i'd be around the 100 mark-well fucked off!!!

i'm really prepared to do ANYTHING to get it on the 8th now. i'm going to have a contingency plan just in case involving hitting every fucking games/electronics/woolworths/hmv in the whole of god damn greater manchester.

You'll get one. I'm surprised how you preordered on the 29/09 which was the day or nearly the day there first opened preorders and your number 100 ish.

I reckon your Gamestation preorder will be successful though.

I think everyone is a little worried, even if there preorder was successful, it's our 'main' console, and it's not as though we haven't waited long enough for Zelda is it? :grin:

Anyone who can say they can wait even longer then the 8th is a saint. :grin:

I can wait until Super Mario Galaxy comes out easily! I've been waiting over 2 years already.

My Dreamcast and Zelda on the cube will keep me occupied for some time yet.. and then Pokemon will come out on the DS. I'd rather wait until there are a good selection of games to choose from on the Wii, as I dont want to be forced into buying something just because its one of a few games available for the console.

I just spoke to Woolworths customer service.

They have 100% guaranteed that as long as you preorder via their website and arrange to collect in your local store, that you WILL get a Wii on launch day itself.

The part on their website about launch "week" is only if you arrange for it to be delivered to your house.

I can wait until Super Mario Galaxy comes out easily! I've been waiting over 2 years already.

My Dreamcast and Zelda on the cube will keep me occupied for some time yet.. and then Pokemon will come out on the DS.

Wow, patience of a saint then!

Although, what if Zelda wasn't coming out on the CUBE, could you wait then?

Wow, patience of a saint then!

Although, what if Zelda wasn't coming out on the CUBE, could you wait then?

when is the cube zelda actually coming out then?

when is the cube zelda actually coming out then?

15th December 2006.

Why didnt you go with GAME at Manchester Fort? I could have met you there lol :D

I just checked my reciept and i preorded the 25th of Sept. I went in and preorded then when i got home i got a phone call saying I can preorder today. So gamestation must have done it on this day aswel, im guessing. So you might be high up if the demand is as really high.

"Although, what if Zelda wasn't coming out on the CUBE, could you wait then?"

Then I would be FORCED to buy one! My childhood was dedicated to stealing things from the shop keeper in Link's Awakening.:D Does anybody remember that? You would pick something up, run around him lots of times and when he was unable to keep his eyes on you, you could quickly run out of the shop with the item! When you go back into the shop, he kills you! lol... Oh, and the p****ed off chickens...best game ever!

Then I would be FORCED to buy one! My childhood was dedicated to stealing things from the shop keeper in Link's Awakening.:D

I was pretty sure you were going to say that! :D

Then I would be FORCED to buy one! My childhood was dedicated to stealing things from the shop keeper in Link's Awakening.:D Does anybody remember that? You would pick something up, run around him lots of times and when he was unable to keep his eyes on you, you could quickly run out of the shop with the item! When you go back into the shop, he kills you! lol...

Links Awakening is so underrated it's not even funny. It was my childhood. I found it funny when everyone called you THIEF after you stole something.

My sister and I have preorders at Game. Numbers 8 and 9 or something. Whether or not they'll sell us each a Wii on launch is debatable. It does seem annoying if us getting two would make someone else miss out on getting one, but we can't BOTH play Zelda on the same console.

Console shortages suck.