NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

My sister and I have preorders at Game. Numbers 8 and 9 or something. Whether or not they'll sell us each a Wii on launch is debatable. It does seem annoying if us getting two would make someone else miss out on getting one, but we can't BOTH play Zelda on the same console.

Console shortages suck.

I wouldn't feel bad, you both preordered, your both going to buy the Wii seperately, right? Your both paying customers.

It's not as though you've preordered loads and going to sell em on Ebay! Your buying two for a valid reason.

I've preordered 3, hopefully recieiving one on launch day and cancelling the other two around 8/9th December...i don't see this as a problem...of course some do....:heh:

I've preordered 3, hopefully recieiving one on launch day and cancelling the other two around 8/9th December...i don't see this as a problem...of course some do....:heh:

Imagine you didn't get your preorder in in time, and you find out that someone else is guarenteed 3. So you'll have to wait at least another day. Would it be a problem them?

Imagine you didn't get your preorder in in time, and you find out that someone else is guarenteed 3. So you'll have to wait at least another day. Would it be a problem them?

I would get my preorder in on time. The person who has been guranteed 3 has planned their launch well and won't have any trouble.

Also i don't want a argument over this Moria. Personally i wish i never wrote what i put because i knew what would happen.....

Lets end it now. Thanks! and forget i ever wrote it, PLEASE! LOL

Woolworths are taking Wii preorders atm.. Anyone preordered theirs from them? Im thinking where to get my preorder done... Any good suggestions?

Woolworths are taking Wii preorders atm.. Anyone preordered theirs from them? Im thinking where to get my preorder done... Any good suggestions?

Supposadely Woolworths did say if you preorder of their website you will get one at launch. Although that was quite a while ago now so i don't know if that still applies.

I'm pretty sure Toys R Us online have only just opened their preorders.

I just spoke to Woolworths customer service.

They have 100% guaranteed that as long as you preorder via their website and arrange to collect in your local store, that you WILL get a Wii on launch day itself.

The part on their website about launch "week" is only if you arrange for it to be delivered to your house.

Well I emailed them as I have a preorder with them, since 04/11 and they said I cannot pick it up in store it MUST be delivered. As long as it's there by friday 15/12 I am happy.

WardyBoy - thats because you have to specifically say pick up in store when you place your order - like I did.

If you said deliver first then you probably can't change it. But its clear as day on my order page - pick up from store XXX, London.

I'm pretty sure Toys R Us online have only just opened their preorders.

They started a few days ago however only to a few pepole.

many thanks for reply Owen, looking into Wii preorders now.. Woolworths seem to be the best option, but will look into Toys r us too. So theoretically, if i preorder a Wii from Woolies online, then collect instore, i can be guaranteed a Wii for launch day? I will call them on monday and ask.

Thanks

WardyBoy - thats because you have to specifically say pick up in store when you place your order - like I did.

If you said deliver first then you probably can't change it. But its clear as day on my order page - pick up from store XXX, London.

Well I just ordered another to pick up in store to the same account - so much for one per person!

Now I don't know whether to cancel my original for delivery because I don't know whether I can pick the new order up on 08/12 or when woolies can be arsed. What to do...

I read that Argos are keeping some Wii's back for shoppers on the day. Apparently they have it in their special xmas catalogue and you can just go in and order it now (or on the day) and collect it then. I read this on a forum - someone said they knew a manager for Argos and they always put some 'low key' into the catalogue and they had ordered theirs that way... might be worth a look even if Argos online have sold out.

I'll see you a Wii at the Manchester Fort Curry's store. Last time i checked we'd only taken 5 pre-orders. I was 5th on the list, first guy has pre-ordered 3, then one after him, then me.

I just found a really cheap website for wii games, and dvd's ect!

Red Steel is only £31!!!

choicesuk.com

I had to use spaces since I haven't posted enough!

panic over-rang Gamestation up today and they confirmed im in the first 50 on the preorder list so i will definatly get a Wii on launch day :D

now if only they sorted out if they're gonna have a midnight launch! grrr!

I'm looking forward to my midnight launch now,not long now.

I also had a chance to pre-order Twilight Princess and Red Steel so i'm happy.

Thanks to my birthday today I now have £240 to spend on the Wii at launch. :hehe:

Since I put down a £20 deposit for my Wii at Gamestation my console is only going to cost me £160 at launch along with another £40 for Twilight Princess.

What should I do with the other £40 though? Should I buy another game or just another Wii-mote? I'm gonna get some more games/peripherals at Christmas but I'm not sure what to do right now.

Well if you want an extra wiimote it's worth getting Wii Play for £34.99 or so. You get a wiimote free, and considering they cost like £25-30 on their own anyway it's well worth it.

As for my plan for launch, well my Wii preorder is at Gameplay, so should arrive on launch day, and I have Zelda preordered at Play.com(got it for £27.99!) but I worry that won't make it on launch and probably on the saturday instead. I'm going to then use a couple vouchers i have in the city to get Wii Play and some extra stuff.

I'm looking forward to my midnight launch now,not long now.

I also had a chance to pre-order Twilight Princess and Red Steel so i'm happy.

Did you ask how many they were getting?

My Toys 'r' us pre-order better arrive on the 8th. In fact i need to go to the bank to deposit some cash so i can afford it. £299 for Wii, Zelda, Red Steal, GT* and 4x4*

* Comming to a eBay near you!

My Toys 'r' us pre-order better arrive on the 8th. In fact i need to go to the bank to deposit some cash so i can afford it. £299 for Wii, Zelda, Red Steal, GT* and 4x4*

* Comming to a eBay near you!

is that their bundle deal or summit? sure you could have got better stuff for £299?!!! and avoid having to ebay, you gonna ebay steering wheels aswell?

EDIT:

talking of ebay have you seen here people selling Wii's they yet to even get! stupid what if they fail to get their preorders!http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=wii+console&category0=

Worse still someone selling their preorder receipt from HMV which is by no means a gurantee and also they won't be able to collect it as it won't be in the right name... if they were paying by card the names have to match...

b65c_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NINTENDO-WII-CONSOLE-BUNBLE-GURANTEED-PRE-ORDER_W0QQitemZ150062624397QQihZ005QQcategoryZ91509QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its only 12 days away until Wii - Day. Just a couple of years have flown by.

Can anybody rembmber the rumours that circulated around the time, when people were saying you controlled the game witha visor. Oh how we laughed they were some of the best umours of a pre console launch in the history of videogames up this point.

I just found a really cheap website for wii games, and dvd's ect!

Red Steel is only £31!!!

choicesuk.com

I had to use spaces since I haven't posted enough!

I pre-ordered a few games from this site and also had a 5% discount so were even cheaper.

HOWEVER, have also ordered other games from them and the service is very very slow, and not just because they post them from Jersey. So don't expect to get the games on the day of release.

Ive got 2 down and im gonna put one on Ebay.

Alot of people find this "sly" but if someone was that desprate for a Wii they would of pre-orderd and also, if someones stupid enough to spend the £500 im gonna as for then so be it (I'm gonna put it on about 5 days before christmas so people will be really desprate) then so be it. I done my good deed last year by selling the 360 i was gonna put on ebay to Chuck of these forums for the same price as i bought it as he couldnt get one, now its time to make some money.

Its a Dog eat dog world.