NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

i hope my game do a midnight launch. and i was told i was gauranteed mine at launch even though i am number 72.

Play.com are starting to pack my Wii games and accessories. Anybody else noticed this?

Seems Call of Duty 3 is being packed and dispatched early. EA must have sent copies out early.

I just called up my gamestation. They are doing a midnight launch too.

They said they are guaranteed to get 20 on launch day and it will probably be more. And I'm no. 20!!! So looks like my luck is in for the launch day AND midnight launch.

It however does mean I'm gonna be lumped with two wii's as my woolies order is guaranteed too.

If anyone wants to buy the second wii from me at NO EXTRA COST and you can collect then whoever wants to do so is more than welcome. I'm in London.

Only 20? I preordered the Sunday after the Friday they started taking preorders, so I ought to get one. They may have messed my position up when they had to transfer my preorder to a different shop as my local one was closing.

Play.com are starting to pack my Wii games and accessories. Anybody else noticed this?

Seems Call of Duty 3 is being packed and dispatched early. EA must have sent copies out early.

I kind of expected this to happen... games and accessories sent out early, and then your Wii for launch day... but not quite this early!

I dont mind as i have my games and accessories with Play and console with Argos. Would be devastating to have one without the other next Friday.

yeah happens all the time this in US. don't know if anyone noticed but COD 3 also has a release date of 1st December on Amazon (or at least it did), so I'm really not surprised at all, it is probably on its way to you.

GAME Stores Group Ltd, Europe's leading video games retailer, have confirmed that they will be opening their flagship Oxford Street store at midnight on Thursday 7th December 2006 to sell the very first units of the highly anticipated Nintendo Wii, the incredible new console that could well rewrite the videogame rulebook.

Nintendo and GAME are expecting hundreds of customers who have pre-ordered their Nintendo Wii's to queue up to collect them on the stroke of midnight, so keen are they to start experiencing this unique way of playing games.

The launch extravaganza will include music, crowd entertainment, competitions, pizza delivery and demonstration Wii pods to play on. The grand finale will be a countdown to midnight when the first Nintendo Wii will be purchased by the lucky gamer at the front of the queue.

GAME Stores Group Ltd, Europe's leading video games retailer, have confirmed that they will be opening their flagship Oxford Street store at midnight on Thursday 7th December 2006 to sell the very first units of the highly anticipated Nintendo Wii, the incredible new console that could well rewrite the videogame rulebook.

Nintendo and GAME are expecting hundreds of customers who have pre-ordered their Nintendo Wii's to queue up to collect them on the stroke of midnight, so keen are they to start experiencing this unique way of playing games.

The launch extravaganza will include music, crowd entertainment, competitions, pizza delivery and demonstration Wii pods to play on. The grand finale will be a countdown to midnight when the first Nintendo Wii will be purchased by the lucky gamer at the front of the queue.

planning on selling my daughter to get to the front. who ever takes the deal will be disappointed with the lack of daughter

I'm now going to the mid-night launch at my Gamestation next Thursday.

Although I'll still have to go to school the next morning...

planning on selling my daughter to get to the front. who ever takes the deal will be disappointed with the lack of daughter

I'd go to that if it wasn't for the fact I'd pre-ordered at my local Game store. Hopefully this won't be the only Game store to do a midnight launch as that would be pretty lame. Watford high street's Game is practically opposite a Gamestation and with most Gamestation stores doing a midnight launch it's going to look pretty lame if Game can't compete and open too.

I know it's lame-sounding, but I haven't even decided what I'm getting at launch outside Twilight Princess and the Wii itself. I'd ideally like a few extra controllers and games but there's not really anything that speaks to me... and it isn't like I'll be playing anything with Zelda sitting there.

i know what it feel like-i have 2 hours of Japanese class at 10am-12pm next friday.

plan is start queuing up sometime between 8-10 then wait and play DS aka Pokemon Fire Fed and MK:DS, buy my Wii and games et al, run home (10 mins walk) and plug the thing in, play for 2 hours before sleep (i am weak!!!).

i will que up for a midnight launch buy it ride home as fast as humanly possible (so 15 mins max) then go home and go to sleep. wake up the next day go to work and once i finish work get home fast and unwrap it. set it up amd play. dear god it will be beautifull i have tears in my eyes.

does mean friday will be unbareable but i think it would be worse if i played it before work.

Well my mum was up at my local GAME today and she spoke to one of the staff about Wii.Staff member said they don't think they can fill all their pre-orders and also that they won't be selling any games because there's a shortage and the only way they can get more games is if they can get people to pre-order them so they can order more.And the only way they can sell games is if people cancel their pre-order.

If there is no midnight launch, I'll be at the store dead-early to pick up mine and my sister's Wii consoles. I'll then go home and play pretty much non-stop all weekend.

If there is no midnight launch, I'll be at the store dead-early to pick up mine and my sister's Wii consoles. I'll then go home and play pretty much non-stop all weekend.

That's what i'm doing,getting my Wii at midnight launch and then stay in my room for 3 days (Off school on the Friday).

I have a stash of food and drink all ready,just need the Wii,TP and some games now...

YAY!!!!

GameStation in the Arndale is doing a Midnight Launch on the 8th :D guess who'll be first in the queue just cos their a freak-thats right-some fat bloke . . . or me :p

Aww damnit no way!

I pre-ordered from the big HMV on Market Street because as they're outside, a much bigger store than gamestation and not in the Arndale, I thought it'd be more likely that they'd do a midnight launch. I heard shops have to pay quite a bit if they want to do a midnight opening in the Arndale.

Anyway HMV keep promising me that they'll "probably" do a midnight launch but can't say for sure yet so I'll no doubt see you in the general area! haha.

If only we'd all pre-ordered from the same place we coud have met up and played mario kart while we waited lol. That woud be if i get my ds back from Nintendo which i sent last thursday.

I hope GAME phone me up and say they're having a midnight launch. I will be ecstatic.

just for people who are seeing stuff already being packed at online stores, for call of duty on amazon it does indeed say:

Availability: This item will be released on December 1, 2006. Pre-order now!

That's interesting,wonder if you'll get it on Friday then.A Wii game a week early,would make waiting to play it longer :heh:

Well my mum was up at my local GAME today and she spoke to one of the staff about Wii.Staff member said they don't think they can fill all their pre-orders and also that they won't be selling any games because there's a shortage and the only way they can get more games is if they can get people to pre-order them so they can order more.And the only way they can sell games is if people cancel their pre-order.

ok it does sound almost plausable but something that sound slightly more plausable is.

mum tells child this little white lie and bam you are not able to have one at launch. bam christmas day arrives and you have a shinny white little bundle of joy under the christmas tree ( i dont mean a pet with some skin deformaty either)

Hmm, as that in Stirling?

I might have to go into Stirling on Saturday to preorder games at Gamestation...

That could be true but i'm getting my Wii from GameStation at a midnight launch.I've got 2 Wii's pre-ordered and I already know i'm getting it on the day cause my parents know i;d just go buy one with my own money :heh:

Hmm, as that in Stirling?

I might have to go into Stirling on Saturday to preorder games at Gamestation...

No it's a different one.I have Wii pre-ordered my local GAME at my nearest town centre,and I've got another Wii pre-ordered from GS.

Wii for GAME is a back up ,should anything go wrong at the midnight launch.

Gamestation stated to me that games/accessory's will be ok for the people who have preordered a console. Therefore it seems that they won't allow anyone just to walk in and buy games on launch day until all those who preordered a console have purchased what they like.....seems pretty fair, but i doubt it will happen.

They also told me not to worry as there will be plenty of wii: plays and Zeldas.

Please note...this was about 2-3 weeks ago and last time i checked they didn't know what Wii:Play even was....:hmm:

I have a university Java exam at 8:45 the morning of the Wii release. I'll either stay awake and play the Wii (provided I get one on midnight launch) all night, or get a few hours kip then go to uni, and have a kip when I get in.

Hey guys just wondering if someone can tell me what number order I am in Game here is my receipt

dsc00123sv6.jpg