NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Im calling my local Game tonight if I still havent received a call before I get home, sure call me impatient but i'd rather know for definite as soon as I can rather than wait for them, as if it does turn out that I wont be getting one (doubtful, but you never know), I could easily go around checking some of the low key stores that will be stocking the Wii.

Same here if I don't hear anything i'm gonna give them a bell. Its crazy I went in yesturday and spoke to this bloke that knew nothing he said in theory i should get one WTF!! I want to know for sure.

I GOT A CALL FROM GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am garenteed a wii for friday, thay also asked me if i wanted to pre-order other games and what-not

YEAY I'M GARENTEED A WII!!!!!!!

I know. I cant believe how little knowledge some of the people that work there have.

When I was asking about bundles to the main guy there, this other worker, said "Theres this one.." And he points to the picture of the Wii, "Includes Wii Sports!" ....I was like...No shit sherlock. Geez.

Seriously, I should just apply for a job there.

Except...Id get paid a fraction of what I get here, and wouldnt get to go on the internet all day.

Sainsburys - Not stocking the console currently, only games.

PC World - Will have no extra stock on launch day, and have only been allocated 20% of their pre-orders. So this is a no go now. An email was sent to stores today confirming this apparently.

Tesco - Main customer service stated to me that they don't actually know what 10 stores in the UK are getting the console in. But said ring around stores on Thursday, and they'll know for sure by then.

Woolworths - Rang round a few of their stores in the south east. None of them know at this time for sure whether they'll be getting any extra in or not on top of the pre-order amounts. But they'll know on Friday morning apparently when they get their deliveries in. I left my name and contact number with one store, which said they'll call me on Thursday to let me know. Customer service with Woolworths was very slow, and they didn't sound too sure on anything. I can't believe alot of these stores don't have a database where they can check order amounts.

WHSmith - Rang a certain south east store, and they sound like they have a good chance of getting some in. I was told to call back on Thursday and they'll know for sure.

So I'm not feeling too good now knowing that I really should have pre-ordered. I'm ready for the disappointment though on Friday if I'm unable to get hold of one. I'm just hoping my old work can sort me one out, and this currently seems like the most likely COA.

I hope all this info helps alot of you who haven't pre-ordered.

Have you asked in Boots? They are supposed to be getting the Wii, too.

Have you asked in Boots? They are supposed to be getting the Wii, too.

Nope haven't yet, and I'm not going to bother. As just rang John Lewis, and they have delivered the information that I need.

First come first served basis. And they have stock for Friday. :grin:

So if Virgin Mega let me down, I have a back-up.

Game have an hour and a half to call me then angry Scuba calls them

oooooooooo good luck dude!

i was number 46 and i got confirmation about 45 minutes ago that i'm getting a wii, i hope you get a call soon.

Rang gamestation. Apparently the date of the 2nd batch will be reviled tommorow. I know its not going to happen but I want him to be like guess what it will be on MODNAY! Yeh I know fat chance...

What I dont get is my number is the same as a lot of you guys and I ordered late october yet no Wii for me :hmm:

Rang gamestation. Apparently the date of the 2nd batch will be reviled tommorow. I know its not going to happen but I want him to be like guess what it will be on MODNAY! Yeh I know fat chance...

What I dont get is my number is the same as a lot of you guys and I ordered late october yet no Wii for me :hmm:

gamestation do it via an instore list of preorders not preorder receipt things. assuming your talking about GS.

So who hasn't had their call yet?

i had mine last Saturday but i didn't hear the phone go off lol

Game rang me the minute I woke up, which was odd. The chap said mine and my sisters' Wiis consoles were in stock at this minute and asked which games I wanted. I'd already pre-ordered Zelda, Wii Play and a component cable but I asked him to stick another Zelda with her console. I'll also probably get Monkey Ball and an extra Wiimote too. Depends how much I get paid on Thursday.

Just been into town so popped into my local GAME to put the final £150 on my Wii card giving me a total of £270 to spend on Launch day. I mentioned that the Wii + 2 games deal was cheaper if you purchased everything separate. As the total was only £254.97 instead of £260. He said no the bundle was cheaper and I was like but some of the game are 34.99 and some are 39.99. Yes thats right he said-So it is cheaper I said to buy separate? No the bundle is still cheaper it's only cheaper on the net. I paid my cash and left the store confused.

I also got a stupid "fob you off style" reply from Game after complaining about the crappy bundles.

Dear GAME, When I was given the chance to preorder a Nintendo Wii at my local Tamworth GAME store earlier this year I jumped at the chance and quickly paid my £20 deposit to secure myself a Wii upon launch day. When I got confirmation I would be getting a Wii on launch date, and a Special Wii card to add money to I was even more excited. I took me card over to my local Tamworth GAME store and credited the card with £250 pounds which I thought would be more than enough to cover whatever bundles GAME decided to arrange. Today I contacted my local store again to enquire about the bundle that would be suitable for me. I was told I could get a Wii + Wiisports and 2 other games for £260. I was annoyed. What kind of bundle is this? Bundles are meant to be cheaper and Gamestation (one of your main rivals) offers the same deal for only £239.99. In fact your deal isn't even worth it. A Wii is £179.99, Wiiplay £34.99 and Zelda is £39.99 Total is £254.57??? How can you justify charging more??? than if I strolled into your shop and purchased the games separately? I would be quite happy to Cancel my order if all my money was tied up on the 'Wii card' I sent in the post, and also I wouldn't be able to get a Wii on Launchday now at such short notice to take to my Sisters 30th Party as well. I am digusted that GAME bundles are too be brutally honest a joke. I will more than likely NEVER preorder a console from GAME again. I would be grateful if you could give me some feedback, as regards my comments and why the bundles selected are so overpriced compared with other high street retailers

and now the reply:

Hi

The other companies who have these deals will not be getting anywhere near to the Wii allocations that we are getting at Game so they cannot guarantee these on launch.

We also have other benefits to customers including our reward card program.

Sorry if you feel that is not very good value for money.

I hope this is helpful to you but if you require any further help please do not hesitate to contact us on 0871 200 1221.

Kind Regards

Louise

Game Stores Group Ltd

LMAO!!!

GAME ARE shite, thats why i always shop in GameStation.

last thing i bought from GAME was probs Resi 4 cos of a trade in deal they had or something.

so story is game abuse their monopoly of having the most stock. Basically get your games online. Mine are pre-oredered for £28 each. You can probably still pick up some bargains. Why did you bother loading money on their dumb preorder card???

I phoned, my local Game hasnt received their allocation so they will call when they get it. Hoping for tommorow to receive a phone call.

so story is game abuse their monopoly of having the most stock. Basically get your games online. Mine are pre-oredered for £28 each. You can probably still pick up some bargains. Why did you bother loading money on their dumb preorder card???

Cause I was going to buy from GAME anyway-just seemed easier than carrying a ton of cash in my pocket. I do have a £10 Gift voucher, which I'm hoping to put towards a game/Nunchunck from Gamestation-providing they have any left in the morning cause they are doing a Midnight opening and GAME is doing a 7am opening.

Has any ordered from play3k.com? I have but im not sure if they are reliable enough, i tryed calling them, but no one answers the phone. How reliable are they?

gamestation do it via an instore list of preorders not preorder receipt things. assuming your talking about GS.

I was told I was 41 and my reciept says 41 is that what you meant?