Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

ExciteTruck

Stocka

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he means that if they carn't produce a GT, or Forza style of game, they should give up- but they should be fun

Ahh, i see.

Well, why should they give up? If developers and publishers, not just Nintendo, think "ooo, we're never going to make an adventure game as good Zelda" then why even bother? I think they need respect for trying to do something different.

Why's this seem to be getting so much stick!? I think it looks pretty good, Ive not seen any web videos but I saw it on the E3 disc ONM gave away and it looks pretty nice in motion... the scenery grows and warps as you play it!

I think if Nintendo really wanted they'd make a yawnsome Serious Racing Game. However, games are about fun so they put a nice fun spin on the genre :P

Im glad to have seen a few mentions of F-Zero, sometimes I get the feeling Im just about the only one thinks about it. The sooner its announced for Wii or DS the better! And Stefkov-sai, get F-Zero GX - your life will be all the the more enjoyable for it!

Not being a fanboy here or anything but I would take Mario Kart and F-zero over Gran Turismo anyday.

The GT series is far too realistic and boring IMO where as Mario Kart is far easier to get into and just have a laugh with, just like most Nintendo games. Im sure if they wanted to they could pull off a "serious" racer but I would rather them stick to what the do best.

WEll not to rain on your parade or anything but I think it looks terrible, especially the pic with the great wall of china, I mean have they heard of bump mapping
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 have zero bump mapping... Did Retro Studios ever heard of bump mapping? :hmm:

Like I said this game runs at a impressive speed, it's not that important to detail objects that aren't "still" in the first place... also the dust and water chops leaved behind are 2D textures, not volumetric, but there's so much things going on that it simply doesn't matter, it'll look better in motion, and yes... almost impossible to detect these "flaws" (if you want to call them that) in motion.

The game uses bump mapping though. The detail is impressive and in the wall of china you have low res textures in place, but notice that in other screenshots the gound doesn't look so plain, so what I mean is this is a beta, and that's bound to change... Realistically the game looks awesome is motion and the draw distance... is unrivaled.

I would not pick Mario Kart over GT because both games are excellent. Each of them aims at a different goal - and to please most people you need a certain variety. This means a game has to be fun to play and appeal to many gamers to make it profitable.

Excite Truck seems to be a funny arcade game in my eyes - if it plays like it looks I am happy. The main problem I have right now is that it is hard to imagine how Wii games play.

Not being a fanboy here or anything but I would take Mario Kart and F-zero over Gran Turismo anyday.

The GT series is far too realistic and boring IMO where as Mario Kart is far easier to get into and just have a laugh with, just like most Nintendo games. Im sure if they wanted to they could pull off a "serious" racer but I would rather them stick to what the do best.

Well said. I personally hate realistic racers

Wow, just watched some videos and it actually seems really fun. Might be getting this.

I feel Wii needs at least one good realistic racer, PS3 has GT5 and X360 has Forza 2. Maybe UbiSoft who know fully supports the racing genre can make a great exclusive? I know about GT Pro Series, but I don't think it will be that good to be honest.

Well said. I personally hate realistic racers

I find realistic racers really boring actually, there's nothing 'fun' about them. Multiplayer can be a blast, but its nothing compared to a multiplayer session on MK64 or F-Zero on the GC.

Wow, just watched some videos and it actually seems really fun. Might be getting this.

I feel Wii needs at least one good realistic racer, PS3 has GT5 and X360 has Forza 2. Maybe UbiSoft who know fully supports the racing genre can make a great exclusive? I know about GT Pro Series, but I don't think it will be that good to be honest.

Hey there Ren of Heavens, Ive not noticed you around before although you joined a few months ago. I thought Id just give you a welcoming of sorts - not something Id normally do actually but I think your names kinda cool.

Do you think that the Wii could get by pretty well in the racing game dept if Nintendo supply us with some top top quality renditions of Mario Kart, F-Zero and Ten Eighty as well as ExciteTruck? Or would it get billed as a kiddy console if these were the only racing games we were harping on about?

Im sure its only a matter of time before ExciteBikes on the way, too.

Hey there Ren of Heavens, Ive not noticed you around before although you joined a few months ago. I thought Id just give you a welcoming of sorts - not something Id normally do actually but I think your names kinda cool.

Do you think that the Wii could get by pretty well in the racing game dept if Nintendo supply us with some top top quality renditions of Mario Kart, F-Zero and Ten Eighty as well as ExciteTruck? Or would it get billed as a kiddy console if these were the only racing games we were harping on about?

Im sure its only a matter of time before ExciteBikes on the way, too.

Thanks! I've been reading the forums for years. Only recently I've been writing a bit...

I think they need a good, REGULAR racer like Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsports etc. It attracts a different audience. Neither Mario Kart, F-Zero, 1080 or Excite Truck is a CAR game.

Stocka: Yes, Ren is the coolest of the cool and S2 is one of the greatest games ever made.

I find realistic racers really boring actually, there's nothing 'fun' about them. Multiplayer can be a blast, but its nothing compared to a multiplayer session on MK64 or F-Zero on the GC.

I remember when I first saw the original Burnout. I thought, "Oh no. Here's a realistic racer; to be honest I would rather go drive a real car." But hey I picked it up and it was fun and silly. The cars are stupid slidy and have some crazy under/oversteer. Crashing was hilarious and it makes you laugh at being crap which is GREAT!

I feel that Excitetruck is going to be very similar. Realisticish but honestly just a lot of slidy fun! Wonder if there are going to be brutal crash sequences?

That made me Rofl.

Also: I wonder if ET will be an indication to EA that Burnout is awesome for Wii...

Twould be so uber awesome. I should stop saying awesome. Awesome.

Ahhh... great minds... :santa:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!