Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

ExciteTruck

Stocka

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't sell all that well over here. I blame the reviews for starters. People have been avoiding this game like the plague thanks to certain reviews.

Seriously, I swear to God, I will be damned if I'm going to trust another review again. I can't say any of the reviews for this game have even been close to the mark as far as I'm concerned. This is a game that is clearly worth your money, and should be played by everyone.

Yeah, just look who reviewed it for Gamspot. Mr. I Hate The Wii.

Excite Truck's controls arent responsive? He must be playing it wrong then.

They should really fire that guy, he can't review at all. He makes all in our profession look bad. And he needs to ease up on the pies

It was actually the advert that got me interested in this game, I thought it was one of the Wii adverts that actually looked decent enough to make me want to buy something, then I went to the reviews on gamefaqs(I prefer those to ones from like ign and stuff) then I came here, and plan on getting this very soon.

cough Waveracer.. played it for about 10 minutes then buried it in a giant box containing other stuff that I will probably never use again.. like my gameboy camera... a Limahl Greatest I got as a joke.. my brain.. Sega Dreamcast and so on.. Excite Truck will never end up in there.. must get a second Wii mote.. will see if I can get some of my very adult friends to play

Thats probably cause you were all shit at it. It had so much more depth than Excite truck it was unbelievable, the graphics were better, there were challenging shortcuts to find and you could play it with friends continuously. It was just an hugely better game. Shame seeing as it was a Cube launch game and Nintendo haven't been able to better it yet.

Thats probably cause you were all shit at it. It had so much more depth than Excite truck it was unbelievable, the graphics were better, there were challenging shortcuts to find and you could play it with friends continuously. It was just an hugely better game. Shame seeing as it was a Cube launch game and Nintendo haven't been able to better it yet.

Well I wasn't shit at it and whilst do think of it as a classic, don't think excite truck is that bad compared to it at all. it's still a very very good game and not as bad as some reviewers have made out.

I'm thinking of getting this game too, but it's such a bummer that the multiplayer is only 1 vs 1 without any computer controlled opponents. It made me wonder about how long it's going to take before Mario Kart debuts on the Wii :(

what I don't like about the multiplayer is how the screen splits... can you set it one on top one on the bottom, rather than one on the right and one on the left? it feels so cramped imo. I guess I'll get used to it in time, but I don't appreciate the tunnel vision.

also, is it not possible for games to work over a mini LAN, I thought that got mentioned sometime, that the wii would have similar functionality like the DS?

I'd love that so much..

If they do that for F-Zero and Mariokart its gonna be cool :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!