NEurope
Dante

Far Cry Vengence Wii

I don't really count the Metroid Prime series as FPS' though...

if it's not FPS then waht is it?

I mean, it's first person, you have a gun, you shoot with it.

And obviously do loads of other stuff.

Calling it a first person shooter puts emphasis on the shooting part, which is not what the Prime games are about at all. Even Nintendo themselves classify it as an FPA. It's primarily an adventure game hence the FPA title.

In the latest Nintendo Power it says that Ubisoft is considering including online play for Far Cry Vengeance. I take it this means by an online update in the future rather than a delay?

In the latest Nintendo Power

I assume it just means that they're a tad outdated and by "considering" Ubisoft really meant "it's a thought but we're not going to do it", I doubt online will be in the game in any form. The first online title is Pokemon, that's confirmed.

Hey, to anyone who's played this on pc or elsewhere, is it mostly stealth based or is it more of a twitch shooter? Cause it's seriously givin me a goldeneye vibe. I think this'll be the only launch FPS i'll get.

It can be played in many ways. Honestly, you're probably best of being stealthy and opportunistic. You can get messed up pretty quickly if you go on a rage spree and aggro everyone in the area.

Like Goldeneye though, you'll be wanting to watch out for the guy running for the alarm. But I've only been playing the PC one and that doesn't have any of Jack's "special" powers in the main story. That could change the game quite a lot.

Hey, to anyone who's played this on pc or elsewhere, is it mostly stealth based or is it more of a twitch shooter? Cause it's seriously givin me a goldeneye vibe. I think this'll be the only launch FPS i'll get.

It's very open-ended, you have a lot of choice as to whether you blaze it up or sneak aboot. The PC version was excellent though I can't comment on any of the console iterations.

Like he ^ said.

I have the Xbox version, Far Cry Instincts, it's very good, although feral instincts just seemed tacked on at the time.

I can't remember where I read it (1up, gamespot maybe?) but somewhere was claiming this could have the best FPS controls out of all the launch games...

That sounds really promising guys :).

And Flameboy; think!! Where could it have been :heh:

halo is a fps.Sometimes people compare metroid prime to halo.it's a joke.personally mp all the way but very very different games

metroid prime is a first person adventure

I'm dying to play this game! The controls, the bounding box (judging from the vid) are perfect. I'm hoping for 4 player split screen with bots + 16 player online. God, now even though I don't technically believe in you, please make this happen. And in a tribute to Solitanze, please let this game get 9/10 :heh:

Is this game online then? Ubisoft said they wanted to add an online mode, but are they going to/have they?

I loved the 1st one on PC. I want this one, but I can't play everything at once. I'm a bit torn between this and the likes of CoD3 for my FPS fix. Anyone seen a detailed review of this so far?

EDIT:

It's not a next gen game, the Wii isn't a next gen system (people need to accept this, Nintendo themselves have said it's not next gen, it's "new gen").

Correct me if I'm wrong - I think Reggie said something along the line of "Wii is not ONLY next gen, it's new gen". And I agree with him. I think the trajectory Wii is on is the only way forward to stop flogging the dead horse of the past 2 decades - not in microchip terms, but in gaming terms.

:horse:

Far Cry is a good game, but if the controls are suck, it will bring down the entire game. Controls are so important in shooters.

Ok guys. I am really sorryo to do this but I dont want any of you to be dissapointed. This is mainly to those who like the PC version of far cry. The console versions are made by completley different people. Sadly they are definatly infieror. I sirously doubt we will get online play or bots unless its introuduced through a patch. And a new gameplay movie doing the rounds on the web looks horrifically bad. I love far cry, this isnt the real far cry. I would really get COD 3 or Red Steel if you want an fps at launch.

yeah it doesn't look all that good, but if it has online features it whould be a good selling point for the title.

Not all Ubi-soft games are out on launch day! Open Season, Splinter Cell and (i'm not 100% sure) Far Cry, will not be released on 8/12/06. Instead later in December.

I won't be buying this game though. I always have high hopes for far cry games and they end-up annoying me...so i'll give it a miss.

Far Cry is delayed till December sometime, will probably release around a similar date to Elebits as its a launch window game now.

Far Cry is delayed till December sometime, will probably release around a similar date to Elebits as its a launch window game now.

Well hopefully they can sort out the horrid graphics in that time. As it's from Ubisoft it should look as good as Red Steel! :P

Well hopefully they can sort out the horrid graphics in that time. As it's from Ubisoft it should look as good as Red Steel! :P

is being worked on by different team though.

Apologies if this has been posted already, it's a 5 minute in-game video showing some cool scripted moments, though it also highlights what could be some Red Steel-esque turning issues.