NEurope
Dante

Far Cry Vengence Wii

I think Mr. Far Cry Vengance needs to introduced to Miss. Anti-Aliasing.

Not trying to defend the game, cause it doesn't look very good, but anti aliasing takes a big toll on the game performance and Far Cry, as a very open game, would probably get slow with AA. Don't think XBOX wasn't like this, screens are just doctored.

Not trying to defend the game, cause it doesn't look very good, but anti aliasing takes a big toll on the game performance and Far Cry, as a very open game, would probably get slow with AA. Don't think XBOX wasn't like this, screens are just doctored.

Erm...Have you ever played a Far Cry before? :confused:

Unless of course you're just talking about graphics then you're 'let off'

And please spell because as 'cause if you're going to spell it like that.

The grammar demon has spoken!!!

Not even Miss Antialiasing and her sisters Anisotropic filtering would be enough - I guess the whole family including the boys Texture Bill and Polygon Bob would help :D

Erm...Have you ever played a Far Cry before? :confused:

Unless of course you're just talking about graphics then you're 'let off'

I'm just talking about graphics :P

Looking pretty decent really. If this has the same level of draw distance as the original and runs at a smooth frame rate it can potentially be the best looking Wii game.

Are you ironic? It's hard to tell on an internet forum. Check out the latest IGN vids of Red Steel and you'll see a game that looks way better.

I don't think he's ironic, he has weird taste.

Honestly these screens are an improvement and they do look like they might look good in motion. Seeing how far Red Steel got in a few months, I'm quite dissappointed in this one though, seeing how the PC version looks. I mean, the Wii isn't a powerhouse but Far Cry is two and a half years old for crying out loud.

Well, I was just happy to see the vast improvement in graphics from the extremely disappointing screens released before.

we haven't seen any vids yet so can't get too worked up about the screens. the new ones are good, but will the game look that good. if so, that's good enough for me for this game at the time it comes out.

I'm happy. Another game that makes red steel look crap.

still need to see some free play and how turning is handled though

Yeah... a lot of the FPS i think will need a try out. I'm buying all my Wii games with the understanding that I am trying them out to see if i want them.

QUESTION: Is this particular Far Cry game 100% original game not ported from any other consoles and will remain a Wii exclusive or is it merely a port with Wii Mote controls tacked on? If it is a remake, is this REMAKE exclusive to Wii?

I think its an original wii game. dont think it will be ported as the other consoles have moved onto better things.

I think this will be between 8.0-8.7. Looking at a metacritic of 8.3. Probably pick up on poor textures and frame rate issues. Anyway, should compete with red steel guff

Meant to be a completely new game. Obviously it will probably be set on some kind of island like the other games and for some reason feature a guy called Jack Carver (24 cough!).

It is as exclusive as franchise extensions get.

Looked into it, might consider getting it seeing that its WIIMAKE exclusive, NOT featured on a Sony Console, only Xbox and the remake isn't going to any other console. It depends on how Red Steel compares to this game in review scores.

So far though chances of purchase: Red Steel > Far Cry Vengeance.

I just saw the trailer. And whilst it's not really my type of game, I just wanted to say that whoever did the trailer just came up with the best way to do Wii trailers. The concept of having the game playing and seeing at the same time how it controls is genius. I think all Wii trailers should be made like this in the future. A huge thumbs up to the trailer.

I just saw the trailer. And whilst it's not really my type of game, I just wanted to say that whoever did the trailer just came up with the best way to do Wii trailers. The concept of having the game playing and seeing at the same time how it controls is genius. I think all Wii trailers should be made like this in the future. A huge thumbs up to the trailer.

Amen.

I was getting sick of Wii trailers of cheesy looking folk hiding behind chairs whilst this trailer shows both the game and the controllers but this time (and finally) without the Cheese.

also the reduced screen space given to gameplay helps iron over any graphical flaws. (very useful for wii games)

The trailer be nice. Graphically pretty similar (with an emphasis on pretty) to the PC version, only with slightly better blood and effects. This is a good thing. The control scheme looks good too. I hope you can mix and match dual weapon combinations a la' Halo 2.

The trailer be nice. Graphically pretty similar (with an emphasis on pretty) to the PC version, only with slightly better blood and effects. This is a good thing. The control scheme looks good too. I hope you can mix and match dual weapon combinations a la' Halo 2.

Did you actually type that with a straight face? The graphics in that trailer look like Goldeneye with a lick of polish. They're chunky and low-res. Far Cry from the PC only looked like that if you turned all the options way down.

This game is fugly, and doesn't look much fun from a gameplay standpoint. But then I haven't played it yet so who knows, maybe it's the Best Game Ever.

Best looking Wii game?

Are you crazy? Did you see the same trailer that I did? Or I didn't just get the sarcasm...? For one, Mario Galaxy wipes the floor with this. I'm no graphics whore but did you see the textures on Far Cry? They completely blow. Notice the trees. And let's not even talk about the hands... Those actually reminded me of GoldenEye, of all games. In fact, the part where he's driving a boat through the river is little more than N64 level. Certainly worse than GC. And there was also pop-up. This was rushed like there's no tomorrow.

that so true.. all Wii games look like this.. buy the xbox911 instead...

Played farcry on my dusty xbox and it was a fun ride.. a bit short though..

ill wait for the reviews on this one though