Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Helmsly

Thank you Pedrocasilva.

This game is starting to piss me off now, I'm stuck on a Diehard Challenge in the pirate level, I get to a spot where you go in a flying urn but there's some of those spiky balls to get past but there just isn't enough time to get past them and I can't seem to collect enough pearls to get the speed boost or slow down time. Anybody want to tell me the secret to getting past this bit?

I got past them by tilting to the far right while going up at the right time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, something like that. You have to tilt the remote to the opposite direction of Sonic's body, so to speak. If his front faces the right whilst grinding, you tilt left to jump to the other rail or tilt right to jump off the rails. ^^ Thanks. Just got Gold on the Grinding level in the Lost Prologue or whatever it's called.

Got this game for my B-day.

Its fun, the first game to be so in a long while, and certainly a great game.

the first few "get to the goal" levels in particular.

but god, it isn't half frustrating.

*mild spoileroonies*

Today, for example, I tried to beat Ifrit.

I home in on two of his knuckles as I'm blatantly reminded I should do every two seconds, then i go for the third but I get hit by the neverending explosive barrels and land just in front of the third knuckle.

When I land sonic has started to move forwards again, except I have no control So I miss my chance to do anything, I have to go around or move backwards. moving backwards is like wrestling jelly: hilariously uncontrolable and frustratingly difficult, you just cant do it, and in an on-rails game like this, you really shouldn't have to.

I tried using the slow down power to dodge the barrells, that I assume I have to use, by the pearls on the path, but its completely useless, and really only lets you watch your failure in slowmotion this time.

Then I keep walking into the lava because i dont stop moving forwards, WTF?

*mild spoileroonies*

Still fun though, I like the storybook, even though I've only unlocked a few things in it. I also think the homing attack is awesome. FWA-SHAMM!

• 2 weeks later...
can any of u really see this being good with that control system?soo linear

I have the game and I love the game. It is pretty brilliant. It can be a little difficult getting used to the controller in the start but as you get deeper into the game it gets easier, as you get experience and laern new skills which makes it easier to use the controller. Absolutely worth the money :laughing:

..that is indeed a very good price.. one which would be tempting, but from now until my birthday I have promised my girlfriend I will not spend any money unless necessary/ if an opportunity arises that is once in a lifetime :shock:

I can live without sonic for now :heh:

hmmm has anybody used that site before? I'm very tempted £19.99 and free delivery is a great price!

EDIT:

just looked on the feedback on here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=484835 and there are positive comments. and if you are a student type in STUDENT10% then your NUS number and you get student discount, so sonic for £18!!!

now i'm very tempted

hmmm has anybody used that site before? I'm very tempted £19.99 and free delivery is a great price!

EDIT:

just looked on the feedback on here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=484835 and there are positive comments. and if you are a student type in STUDENT10% then your NUS number and you get student discount, so sonic for £18!!!

now i'm very tempted

If the site is reliable, then I'm buying it. I want that game, and at that price...I can't say no.