NEurope
Helmsly

Sonic And The Secret Rings

I hope they use some of the Sonic Adventure sound track, it was sweet. :p

I loved the song for the opening level of Sonic Adventure 2, can't remember what its called, but it was awesome!

Sonic Team are unlikly to reuse music from a previous game.

I loved the song for the opening level of Sonic Adventure 2, can't remember what its called, but it was awesome!

"It Doesn't Matter"? Actually, there were two, if I remember correctly; "It Doesn't Matter" and "Escape from the City".

yeah agreed it was awesome.

Damn, thats making me wanna crank oput Sonic onto my Wii lol. Damn you heathens :p

lol that was very what i call kiddy rock.it was an ok song but....nAh old sonic music rules over it

Game music wont be anything like the Adventure games or older music. So far the trailer music they've played is a lot like Sonic Riders' soundtrack, which to be blunt was utterly crap and mainly wierd generic techno.

Best I could hope for is that it's just trailer junk and perhaps Hideki Naganuma is doing the actual game but that's got like a 0.01% chance of happening.

'Escape from the City' was the name of that song. It rocks :D. I'm sure many of the lines in that song (at one point or another) have been a part of my MSN name.

My fav line from it personally was:

'Danger is lurking around every turn

Trust your feeling; got to live and learn'

I loved a lot of songs in SA2,some for example "It Doesn't Matter", "City Escape","Final Hazard".

Basically there's a lot I like.

Some info here which is in this months GamesMaster Mag...

Game will feature 10 levels, 5 of which are listed below

-Sand Oasis

-Dinosaur Jungle

-Evil Foundry

-Levitated Ruin

-Pirate Storm

Sonic now has customizable skills. It is said that there are somewhere around 100 skills that Sonic can learn. Skills range from how Sonic handles, to his moves, to special abilities. Sonic holds 4 rings that allow for 500 points worth (each) of skills. Experience points are earned through the main game.

One new move slows down time through a soul meter. This move is much like the speed up move we saw in various trailers, but with an opposite outcome.

40 multiplayer games

Each level has 10 missions such as stealth attack, rampage, chain challenge, beat the clock, and more.

Is this game out on the 2nd or the 31st March?

There was a news article recently saying the 31st..but most retailers have been told it's the 2nd...

Game will feature 10 levels <-- hopefully they are about 2 hours in length at least to equate to a decent length of 20 hours gameplay or so in singleplayer main game, 5 of which are listed below

-Sand Oasis

-Dinosaur Jungle

-Evil Foundry

-Levitated Ruin

-Pirate Storm

Sonic now has customizable skills. It is said that there are somewhere around 100 skills that Sonic can learn <-- Good, but i'd like to see multiple skills having significant use in levels with others making things easier/more convenient, score greater points for being a dare devil etc.

. Skills range from how Sonic handles, to his moves, to special abilities. Sonic holds 4 rings that allow for 500 points worth (each) of skills. Experience points are earned through the main game.

One new move slows down time through a soul meter. This move is much like the speed up move we saw in various trailers, but with an opposite outcome.

40 multiplayer games <-- Screaming Banana Blitz to me, hopefully they are actually of decent quality this time round accross the board...

Each level has 10 missions such as stealth attack, rampage, chain challenge, beat the clock, and more. <-- Compilation of mini games only moving from one to another?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't each level comprise of a few acts? Isn't it usually act 1, act 2, boss?

I'm so looking forward to this.

That's only ever been in 2d games. It's obvious this means 10 levels total, however level count has nothing to do with game quality, if the levels suck it means nothing.

That's only ever been in 2d games. It's obvious this means 10 levels total, however level count has nothing to do with game quality, if the levels suck it means nothing.

Ahh, I see. Cheers.

Yeah, I just want a quality Sonic title, to be honest. Not too fussed on the multiplayer side of things, but if it actually turns out to be decent, then w000!

IGN Hands On

(including new videos)

Read the hands-on. Very impressed with this. It just keeps sounding more promising.

Downloading the videos now.

Read the hands-on. Very impressed with this. It just keeps sounding more promising.

Downloading the videos now.

yeah ditto, am actually quite looking forward to this.

Those movies and screens prove that Wii can do some nice graphics. Other devs - take note.

Its a given this game will be superior to Sonic The Hedgehog HD, but I really hope it outperforms that game sales wise as well as outperforming it review score wise as well on an average of 2 to 3 points greater per editoral review. Sales though is FAR more important.

Gameplay over graphics needs to win out, and now is the time to commence the battle both from a 1st party and in this case third party perspective, to reclaim the momentum and be on the winning side of the battle once again.

Gameplay over graphics needs to win out, and now is the time to commence the battle both from a 1st party and in this case third party perspective, to reclaim the momentum and be on the winning side of the battle once again.

good point, this the first serious battle between 2 games of the same franchise both built for their consoles needs. sonic HD tried to do what it could to dazzle graphically and the game play seemed absent, yet secret rings seems to be far more innovative in control, and game engine wise (the dynamic camera in particular), so lets home this comes out top (having said what I did about the graphics though they do look gorgeous...)

IGN Hands On

(including new videos)

Wow. It looks quite stunning, doesn't it? Fingers crossed for this to be the first 3D sonic game to live up to the Mega Drive era titles.

This does sound really promising.I'm looking forward to it even more now.

Graphics look quite nice and now I just hope that there is good music in it like the Sonic Adventures.