NEurope
Helmsly

Sonic And The Secret Rings

I think it's because the level is design is straightforward, just like the 2D Sonic games. They don't give you time to explore the map (which is what I love to do, I love the 3D Sonic games because of this), you just zip through it at high speeds and collect what you can.

That's pretty much it, aye. Although, I'm not sure if exploration really fits in with the Sonic series. For me, it's about the speed and madness of it all. I think there could be some degree of exploration, but through multiple routes or something. Hidden routes, as well. But, too much exploration and allowing the player to explore the game 'at their own pace' just slows things down. You lose that frantic feeling.

From that trailer, the minigames look promising...actually it looks a lot like Mario Party (without the boaring bits)

From that trailer, the minigames look promising...actually it looks a lot like Mario Party (without the boaring bits)

I thought it was very Mario Party-ish, too. May actually turn out to be good in multiplayer, which isn't what I was expecting at all.

With every trailer I get more and more excited for this game. The level design looks better than in any other Sonic 3D game and gameplay seems to be fluid. I only hope there are not much camera issues.

I've never been that hyped for a Sonic game, but I'm getting for this one, even the villain looks cool (badass for a villain); seriously I won't be surprised if this game turns out to be the best 3D Sonic game ever; but what surprises me is how, if that's the case, Sega had gold in their hands and kept it Nintendo exclusive, although I'm certainly not complaining :p

I want to get excited about this game, but I think deep down we all know it's going to be just the same as every other 3D Sonic. If I am wrong though, I'll be very happy.

Not the same, just disappointing in a new way.

I think the deal breaker here is the controls to the sides. Tilting to steer him sideways? really? I just don't see it working in a satisfying way at all.

Attacking enemies is all good, that's the only thing that's been consistently good throughout the 3D Sonics, but the thing that worries me here is avoiding pillars and stuff with wiggly tilt controls.

I loved the bonus stages in Rush and the way you had super precise control over where Sonic ended up, but I can't see the same level of control here.

I am very sceptical even though everything about it appeals to me (I think the only Sonic game that wouldn't at this point would be one that really does ditch all the characters and cheesy rock feel they've established with the adventures) but I'd be happy - more than happy - to be proven wrong.

And let's face it, I'll buy it even if I'm not. :o

That Evil Foundry level looks awesome!!

I actually really like how you don't control the forward running in this game!

The way Sonic is bounding around at the start of the level before... "GO"' and Sonic bursts out of the blocks!!

"FLAME RING!!"

"TIME RING!!"

I want to get excited about this game, but I think deep down we all know it's going to be just the same as every other 3D Sonic. If I am wrong though, I'll be very happy.

i believe it will be better but still not up to mario standard well say

Not the same, just disappointing in a new way.

I think the deal breaker here is the controls to the sides. Tilting to steer him sideways? really? I just don't see it working in a satisfying way at all.

Not very different from a 2D game, where you just left, right and jump.

I don't mind the simpleness of the actions you perform, I can just see the tilting becoming frustrating with no feedback/limits to either side. The kind of precision required to avoid the pillars on the desert stage can't have you wobbling about without feeling exactly what registers.

The same way an arcade stick has microswitches that "click" to emphasise the sense of input, I think something like this has to have a similar sense of interaction. Especially with no on screen indication of how far to the sides Sonic can move, I can just imagine the whole thing feeling very floaty.

I hope I'm wrong though, like I said.

i believe it will be better but still not up to mario standard well say

Yeah because Mario has great standards these days...

Yeah because Mario has great standards these days...

Still the best.

Still the best.

I would agree with you, but you're portuguese like me, so I might get flamed.

I would agree with you, but you're portuguese like me, so I might get flamed.

Dude, I think that two Portuguese agreeing can lead to bannage. You're screwed!

EDIT: Has anyone noticed Sonic can't do a handstand? His hands won't reach the floor. Poor guy.

Dude, I think that two Portuguese agreeing can lead to bannage. You're screwed!

EDIT: Has anyone noticed Sonic can't do a handstand? His hands won't reach the floor. Poor guy.

Hedgehogs were forsaken by God.