Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Helmsly

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game looks awesome, and the gameplay vids clearly show the fears of it being on-rails was completely unjustified; though it looks the type of game that when you know the levels really well, it will be incredibly fun to go through as fast as possible!

The only negative is that girl voice - not only is she very annoying, but she also seems to hold your hand WAY too much!!!

"Try grabbing the horns" - really? Ive never played the game and I could see that t just takes that homing move! Hope you can turn her off!

English Voice Actors

Jaleel White as Steve Urkel

jaleelwhiteassteveurkel.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (1993-1996)

Sonic the Hedgehog (1993-1995)

Sonic Christmas Blast (1996)

Sonic Underground (1998-1999)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan Drummond

bottom middle

ryandrummond.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog

The possibility of Drummond returning to voice Sonic the Hedgehog was hinted at during the Digital Life Expo in New York City, by a Sega representative, who claimed that Sonic X was finishing its run, and that Sega would have "no reason" to use the 4Kids cast anymore after Sonic and the Secret Rings. Nothing further has been confirmed by Sega or any other entity.

Drummond has stated that he has emailed Sega about this, and has yet to update on the status of this email.

Sonic Adventure : (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Sonic Shuffle : (Sonic the Hedgehog/Knuckles the Echidna)

Sonic Adventure 2 : (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Sonic Heroes : (Sonic the Hedgehog / Metal Sonic)

Sonic Battle : (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Sonic Advance 3 : (Sonic the Hedgehog)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Humphrey

Shadow the Hedgehog

He was casted to play Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2 in 2001, by his Forever Plaid colleague and friend Ryan Drummond who played Smudge in Forever Plaid and who was the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog at the time. Many Sonic fans were very grateful with his performance as Shadow. He would voice Shadow for the next few years in the Sonic games such as Sonic Heroes and Sonic Battle. However his time as Shadow was cut short when Sega decided that the voices on Sonic X and in the games should be the same starting with Shadow the Hedgehog (video game). Humphrey was replaced by Jason Anthony Griffith who also replaced Ryan Drummond as Sonic.

Sonic Adventure 2 : (Shadow the Hedgehog)

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle : (Shadow the Hedgehog)

Sonic Battle : (Shadow the Hedgehog)

Sonic Heroes : (Shadow the Hedgehog)

Shadow the Hedgehog Game : (Shadow the Hedgehog)

Jason Anthony Griffith

jasonanthonygriffith.jpg

Sonic and Shadow the Hedgehog

He started doing the voice of Sonic and Shadow in the Sonic X television series. He was later hired by Sega to be the official voice of Sonic and Shadow in the Sonic game series. He began his work in the games in Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Rush. In Sonic Riders, Griffith provided the voice for Jet. Griffith's character voices have been negatively viewed by fans of the old voice cast of the Sonic series

SATAM's finally getting a full DVD release. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000M8N41W/teamartail

Still no word on a region 2 release, though. :(

Anyway, back on topic, Sonic and the Secret Rings looks utterly awesome. I can't wait. The single player does look stunning in some of the gameplay videos. I'm not too bothered about the multiplayer aspect, but it would be a bonus if that's fun too.

This coming from the King of "judge before you play"

Doesn't get much more hypocritical than this!

Well if it doesn't look good it goes on a list when it gets reduced to £5 then I play on it.

The thing with sonic is you can't trust the franchise anymore same with other franchises which I care not to mention.

what no he didnt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XkbqwpUdmM

a classic episode but not the best

It was the grestest sonic anyway.You think the guy who did sonic x is better?

I think he does a good job in the games, definitely. The complete dub of Sonic X is annoying to the max though, so I watched that fansubbed with japanese voices, hence I can't really tell how he works out in the long run.

His job on Sonic, Jet and Shadow for the games though? I think he's perfectly alright. I'm from a different "world" of Sonic though. I didn't have that childhood growing up with SatAM thing, so I've seen it afterwards once my Sonic fandom fired up. To me he's small and fat and sounds super one dimensional. :(

Sonic X sort of drags things out, anime-with-filler style, but watching it with the original voices it gets really, genuinely good. It has some arcing stuff that makes it difficult to take to the turtles-esque intrigue and awful, ugly, charmless Robotnik of Underground and SatAM.

I think he does a good job in the games, definitely. The complete dub of Sonic X is annoying to the max though, so I watched that fansubbed with japanese voices, hence I can't really tell how he works out in the long run.

His job on Sonic, Jet and Shadow for the games though? I think he's perfectly alright. I'm from a different "world" of Sonic though. I didn't have that childhood growing up with SatAM thing, so I've seen it afterwards once my Sonic fandom fired up. To me he's small and fat and sounds super one dimensional. :(

Sonic X sort of drags things out, anime-with-filler style, but watching it with the original voices it gets really, genuinely good. It has some arcing stuff that makes it difficult to take to the turtles-esque intrigue and awful, ugly, charmless Robotnik of Underground and SatAM.

my god have you actually watched the satam cartoons?which is the better robotnik i ask you

satam one

250px-SatamRobotnik.jpg

or sonic x one(dr eggman pfft)

250px-026eggman.jpg

i hate robotnick when he is stupid and silly in satam he is just pure evil.brilliant

my god have you actually watched the satam cartoons?which is the better robotnik i ask you

satam one

250px-SatamRobotnik.jpg

or sonic x one(dr eggman pfft)

250px-026eggman.jpg

i hate robotnick when he is stupid and silly in satam he is just pure evil.brilliant

So wait are you saying the top one is better? He looks pretty shit, but his name should have always been Dr. Robotnik.

And his voice ain't that bad, as for Sonic though if they're gonna make him talk at least use the better voice actors from Adventure 2, I hate the voices in the new ones and in Sonic X.

I prefer the bottom one....looks more creepy.

Anyway, not sure if 1UP are a respected website round this neck of the woods but they state that the multiplayer is pretty fun, the videos make it look like a more simplier Mario Party but they say because of the wii-mote controls it just makes it even better overall.

I bet if you get some mates round you could have a great laugh with it, i for one am pleased that there is a multiplayer. :D

I'll take wacky multilayered smart/silly Eggman over one-dimensional yelling Robotnik any day of the week, every week of the year.

I thought all the voices worked great in Sonic The Hedgehog to be honest (thanks in large part to a better script of course) and like I said before I haven't seen enough english Sonic X to know what the other guys sound like, but I definitely think Jason Griffith does a good job.

And yeah, I've watched both SatAM and Underground, though the latter made me cringe to near-unrecognizable shapes of pain.