N-Europe

Wii Prove Our Promise

conzer16

So who will be giving the key note speech?

Its NOE that go to Leipzig isnt it? Do you think they'll ship Reggie or Shigsy or Iwata over to Deutschland?

Or could we see a relatively unknown NOE head?

Laurent Fischer?

There is no such thing as NoE, its just a man in a box cracking Ds lites.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who will be giving the key note speech?

Its NOE that go to Leipzig isnt it? Do you think they'll ship Reggie or Shigsy or Iwata over to Deutschland?

Or could we see a relatively unknown NOE head?

Laurent Fischer?

Tim Symons?

Heh, i know. I thought you might have been joking. :)

What can we expect at Leipzig? I would be surprised if we didn't get finalised details. Are there any big conferences after this before October?

i think the main question is:

'ugh... what did they promise again?'

i can only assume that it would be when reggie was saying about release dates, CHEAP console being announced. and the innovative gaming bit. thats always fun.

didnt we hear somewhere that they WERE DEFINATELY gonna reveal the launch details? it think it was from that magazine

The Games Convention 2006 is gearing up to kick off in Leipzig, Germany, and Nintendo fans will definitely want to tune in for the event, which has over the years proven to be a miniature version of the Electronic Entertainment Expo for the region.

The GC 2006's official website reveals that beginning at 10:15 a.m. on August 23, Nintendo will hold a press conference from the exhibition titled: "Wii prove our promise." Few details about the conference itself are known, but the title is very telling.

Another, separate event titled "Electronic Arts / Nintendo" is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. the same day.

What can Nintendo enthusiasts expect? Well, if unsubstantiated reports out of France are to be believed, Nintendo may unveil as many as five never-before-seen Wii games. IGN is aware of at least one unannounced new project and we're confident gamers will be happy.

On top of everything else, some companies are set to show some of their Wii wares, presumably in playable form. Ubisoft has already said that its first-person shooter Red Steel and anticipated quasi-platformer Rayman Raving Rabbids will be on-hand in some capacity.

The Games Convention 2006 opens its doors officially from August 24 through August 27. IGN will, of course, be there to dissect every last Wii-related detail.

I think there will definitely be more than the launch and price details. but everything left to know about the hardware as well.

And also some new games that will suprise us all. I think the We Prove Our Promise statement is as much about Playing is Believing and there will be some new games announced that showcase the Wii even more so.

I hope IGN have a stream of it, or Gamespot (like they did at E3) because I NEED to watch this for my sanity.

They'll probably have IGN live updates instead of streaming. Even if it was a stream it would probably just be some guy standing with a mic - talking. Any vids would be up soon after.

Live updates are just as fun - especially at the GameFAQ boards as with every new line of text about 20 new topics open.

Ok, I've just been looking through the details and schedule for the conference for this year and none of the bits mentioned on this thread are there. I've checked and it says that it's the schedule for the 2006 conference. Hmmm....

Why is it missing? They would have it up on the site by now surely? There are at least 3 different speach slots reserved for ATi so far however that have TBA titles. Maybe they are reserving them for the BigN?

Don't have high hopes about Leipzig. Yes there will be announcements and new games, but you'll get more excited in September, where Japanese developers will unroll their projects. And there is a big title, (not anymore Sony exclusive) that every gamer in the world wants to play – hmmmm.

Don't have high hopes about Leipzig. Yes there will be announcements and new games, but you'll get more excited in September, where Japanese developers will unroll their projects. And there is a big title, (not anymore Sony exclusive) that every gamer in the world wants to play – hmmmm.

Excellent. Way to ruin the surprise. (if it is true).

I may be skeptical, but does it ever occur to people that we just may like our surprises being a surprise. The SSB: Brawl video with snake in it being one of them.

final fantasy :bouncy: i hope

Just so you guys know, Insider has also said that Rainbow Six Las Vegas would come to Wii and made vague hints at something super secret about Star Fox Command. Rainbow Six has been confirmed to NOT be on Wii and Star Fox Command is out already and there really isn't anything worth hinting at in it.

In other words, please do not get your hopes up because some unknown person made purposefully vague hints that will easily be deniable after TGS.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!