N-Europe

Job Hunting Woes

Fierce_LiNk

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to ask at the "Poppy Club" (after school/holiday club for children) if they need anyone else to work there tomorrow. But it will take a while because I need to get a disclosure from the council to say I can work with children.

I'm doing a lifeguards course at the end of July which will allow me to work at almost every pool in the world, it's really good pay too, for my age, if I get taken on somewhere....

Not so good so far, I got an aplication form for sainsbury's, need to fill it in, everwere else I have tried are not looking for new staff.

One of my friends is looking to become a lifeguard at a pool, and I know someone else who allready is, guess they pay well or something.

Find a job agency int he phone book, they gave me a job withing an hour of signing up and have been working mon-fri ever since. You change jobs every week or so, which is good so it doesnt get repetative but you can land a more constant job (which i have now, but will probs change in a week or so). I am doing factory work, its boring and nakering but keeps me active, paid and doing something. Its easy to get work if you know where. King boo: its hard when you are younger but if you have a local market or something nearby someone is bound to employ you, maybe crap wage and work but its work none the less.

I'm gonna go tomorrow and try in Music Zone, Gamestation (does anyone know if they have an over 18 policy or anything??) and maybe Sainsburys or Asda. Tbh I really can't imagine anywhere wanting to employ me.

What do you even say? I'm gonna be like at the counter goin "can I have a job plz??" lol.

Guest Jordan

You have to be 18 if you wanna work there, you'll never find it very hard to get a job if you're under 18 these days. Big companies are anal about insurance.

I've been trying for months to get a job :(

What do you even say? I'm gonna be like at the counter goin "can I have a job plz??" lol.

Just ask for an application form. Summer jobs are easy to find if you're not fussed what you do its permenant jobs that are difficult to find as im currently seeing.

Guest Stefkov

well, i'm gonna look for one when i get back from spain, which im going to on Saturday.

My IT teacher said to me that i could get a job by checking the exam papers, or something along those lines.

I had to leave my CV with her. I doubt I'll get it, it was something like £5 a paper. Not bad when theres like 600 maybe more students in the year, but more people will do it so less money. (still even if i got a quarter id still have a lot of money) I hope i get that one.

Gonna maybe pick up an application at somewhere close to me like manchester fort, see if GAME or B&Q (hehe) need someone.

When I came back home my mum who also works at Sainsburys asked if there was any point in me asking for my job back. They were cutting down a shitload of staff.

Later they started hiring new people as they needed the hours, and my uniform had purpose yet again. They only could offer Shift [late night shelf stacking] or checkout. Since I hate checkout I opted for shift. 6-11 Tue/Wed/Sat, getting overtime as I can too = need money.

Sainsburys don't mind students, I think it helps having dual store people who only work while they're there at university. Which naturally their hours need filling during the holidays when they go home. Maybe j00'll be lucky.

well i've gone to loads of agencies, there just seems to be no temp work left. Signed up to one today. I'll look and see if any summer clubs for kids have vancies, i have relevant experience and a disclosure form.

Job hunting sucks.

I'm annoyed with myself that I didn't sort this out sooner, then maybe I'd be doing something interesting over the summer such as working abroad. It looks like I'm going to have to settle for crappy agency work :(. I could also do with finding some work experience at a law firm at some point.

GAH, WHY AM I SUCH A LAZY SHIT?!

Got a job two weeks ago and im loving every miniute (and penny) of it. Cant really give much tips.... experience is what you need but you have to start somewhere i suppose.

Im not being racist atall here but it seems only asian people get employed by supermarkets....

Im not being racist atall here but it seems only asian people get employed by supermarkets....

TRUTH, It seems 90% of all the workers in west end are white people. The amount of time ive applied to places there, never got one reply back yet:

2 reasons - Either because im not white

- or because i live in hackney

And in morrisons where i work, all the indians just bloody spy on me, leave me the fuck alone. god.

I've been searching for a job since leaving High School two years ago. I've applied at loads of places, sent CVs to numourous companies to no reward.

Recently I've been turned down by Asda, B&Q and Wilkinson. The highlight of these three let downs, was B&Q's, "Oh we're sorry you don't have the right personality". When I applied for a Car Park job, are they telling me I don't have the right personality to walk around a retail park collecting trolleys and returning them to a trolley bay?

I have family that work at Asda, which is why I'm shocked I'm finding it hard to get a job there. Though apparently I may get a call for a job on nights, which in my situation I would take. But so far, nothing.