N-Europe

is this year disappointing for films?

mcj metroid

I have enjoyed this years films! Lucky Number Slevin, Munich, MI:3, X-Men 3, Jarhead (was that this year or end of last year), V for Vendetta are all films that I really enjoyed!

We've also got the new Pirates of teh Caribbean coming out in July as well as Superman Returns at the end of this month. Bond is in November as well as the new Narnia film (could be completely wrong about that last one)!

Are they defo making a new Narnia film? I think i'll reserve judgement about the quality of this years films til i see the new Pirates and Superman. But that being said i have been quite disappointed with what i've actually gone to see so far. There are still some films i've got to see though, i want to see that that one with Ryan whatever his name is where its about people after college working who meet friends who've left college and started actual careers. Meant to be a comedy - so i'm going to have to check that out - plus the cast sounds like it'd be funny.

yes that was fairly crap!it was actually so crap it was funny.At the end they jump out of the ship BUT WHERE WILL THEY GO u say.To that raft lying in the middle of the sea with a perfectly functioning flare gun and after they fire the flare gun the helicopters arrive after literally 2 seconds now thats service!

pirates im sure will be good but im not sure about superman.I never liked superman in the first place.Batman could kick his ass!

Not that this isn't an age old discussion, but it's just nonsense. Superman only has to overcome his sense of morality and he could deep fry Batman from space with his heat vision.

Incidentally, I'm very much looking forward to Superman Returns next month. I had my reservations about the unknown Brandon Routh and the trailers are, frankly, terrible. However, early reviews from would-be-critics who saw the special preview all love it - which is unusual. One month to go.

Not that this isn't an age old discussion, but it's just nonsense. Superman only has to overcome his sense of morality and he could deep fry Batman from space with his heat vision.

Incidentally, I'm very much looking forward to Superman Returns next month. I had my reservations about the unknown Brandon Routh and the trailers are, frankly, terrible. However, early reviews from would-be-critics who saw the special preview all love it - which is unusual. One month to go.

I can't wait for it either. Kevin Spacey looks undeniably excellent as Lex Luthor.

Brandon Routh looks the part. Here's hoping he acts the part.

I thought x-men the last stand was a descent addition to the series it's only flaws were that it could have been a bit longer, some of the charactors didn't get enough screen time and that there was no nightcrawler, but other than that i thought it rocked.

All reviews out of 5, anything not include was probably shit p.s. don't go see snakes on a plane, i hate to see shit like this make money just because of a name.

You guys should see brick, the script and acting is amazing. - 5.5

x men 3 was pretty poor, and what was the deal with angel, he was all over the advertisements and he's only in it for like 5 mins WTF? - 2

Slither was a decent horror comedy, nothing to rival shaun of the dead but still pretty funny. - 3

The Matador is hilarious and deserves your hard earned cash more than you do. - 5

Transamerica was a pretty good and funny drama, also a bit depressing for all you despair hunters. - 4

Syriana very smart very anti american, sweet. - 5

election hong kong film just out, like the godfather as two candidates collide for the right to lead a yakuza society. Warning Not another asian action film, it has depth. - 4

Lady Vengeance stylish, beautiful and just all round great. - 5

it has been stupidly bad- i wanna go see hard candy and fearless but there hasnt really been any awesome films so far. xmen 3 was my big hope but that turned out to be a bit mediocre.

hmmm not really into superman so i guess that leaves me with either seeing smaller films or just not going.

you guys are all being a bit daft. if you pin your hopes for quality american cinema on summer cash wagons, of course you're going to end up dissapointed. go and see something without explosions and you might find yourself feeling less downbeat.

Well we get to look forward to Resident Evil 3&4 next year ;) heheh

I actually enjoyed the first 2.

This year has been disappointing for me. X3 and MI3 were very bad IMO but its possibly my own fault for hyping them up. I cant wait to see Superman im hoping im not setting myself up for a fall. Also Over the Hedge and Cars looks awesome and I will be checking them out. lastly World Trade Centre with Nic Cage in looks like a very good and moving film.

For those who have seen it what is United 93 like?

After just seeing the trailer for Jet Li’s Fearless on TV I'm SO happy as I knew nothing about it and its from the makers of House of the Flying Daggers and Hero, two of my favourites. God I love these films.

July 6th = Pirates of the Carribean 2 wooo

For those who have seen it what is United 93 like?

I really don't want to see it as it'll depress me but it's one of those things you should really watch. I'll watch it once it comes out on Sky, I wouldn't want to watch it at the cinema.

After just seeing the trailer for Jet Li’s Fearless on TV I'm SO happy as I knew nothing about it and its from the makers of House of the Flying Daggers and Hero, two of my favourites. God I love these films.

I really don't want to see it as it'll depress me but it's one of those things you should really watch. I'll watch it once it comes out on Sky, I wouldn't want to watch it at the cinema.

Yeah I seen the trailer the other night and it looks fantastic. I was a fan of the last flick Jet Li done (Unleashed) even though it got slated. I also enjoyed Hero very much, the cinema was practically empty when me and my mates went and saw that.

As for United 93 I know what you mean about it being depressing. I went through the same thing when The Passion of The Christ was out. I didnt really want to see it as being a religious guy I knew it would upset me but i pushed myself to go and it was one of the most emotional films I have ever seen and Im glad I got to experience it.